z

Young Writers Society

Damocles DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon May 28, 2018 12:20 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

That sounds doable! And it would kinda reinforce the bonds between them from the getgo, too. As in, the whole "we kept our names to ourselves" thing. I'm okay with either, too, since it won't change anything for me, specifically.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon May 28, 2018 1:25 pm
Europa says...

@AliceinBluue I like that idea as well!

45 Reviews

Mon May 28, 2018 5:10 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Alright, I finished drafting it out. Now all I have to do is proofread and the opening post will be up!

Edit: posted!

45 Reviews

Wed May 30, 2018 10:26 pm
Europa says...

So who would like to post next?

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed May 30, 2018 10:31 pm
Chaser says...

I'm working on something, but it's just going to by Cog and Ivy. Anyone else can post, or coordinate meet-ups.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed May 30, 2018 11:23 pm
Corvid says...

I might not be able to get a solid post up until next weekend (i got finals, rip). but i promise im working on something
"yeet"
- albert einstein

45 Reviews

Thu May 31, 2018 12:12 am
Europa says...

@corvidconvalescence no problem! I'm sure we all know the feeling. Take your time.

@Chaser I'm looking forward to reading it!

40 Reviews

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:04 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

General question! @Europa We're all supposed to stay in the same country at first, right? If so, which country are we scheduled to crash-land into? I'd find it difficult for us to have any impact on the world as a whole if we stay in one place - especially if it's just the US, or just Europe - so I don't suppose we'll stay in said same country for most of our time, right? Does everybody else already has like a vague idea of what to do to either survive or play the whole God of Destruction thingy?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

45 Reviews

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:54 pm
Europa says...

@Tortwag I'm not super familiar with Europe, so they'll all be staying in the US for now, more specifically in the South.

40 Reviews

Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:39 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Europa That is... objectively funny considering your current nickname - even though I know it doesn't refer to the continent itself, but it has to be said XD - but since I live there, you can always ask stuff. Or, y'know, google it. 'Cause I'm not familiar with South US, and I'll have to do that.

So, South of US. What's it like, according to you? Landscape, cities, people, and accents? (you don't have to be super detailed, I just want to make sure I can picture it before I google anything) Oh, and what should we focus on doing? Should just crash-land and wait for your next post after we're done with ours?

Soooorry for the many questions, m'dear - just want to make sure I don't do anything that clashes with whatever surprise you have/will think of for our crew.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

45 Reviews

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:06 pm
Europa says...

@Tortwag No problem! The environment is different depending on where in the Sourh you are. I don't really travel outside the Florida/Georgia area, but around there it's mostly hot. Florida is a lot more humid than Georgia, because it's closer to the ocean. I'm hesitant to assign any certain type of person to either place, and whether or not you decide to use a southern accent is your choice. My advice is if you don't have an ear for it, don't try to write the dialect.

As for the plan for now, it's just to crash and then regroup. It would make sense that the planes would have radios on them for communication, which would be a good way to find anyone who's radios are still functional. Ivy and Cig's plane sank in the Everglades, so theirs is shot. Once all the characters have found each other, we'll focus on the next section.

40 Reviews

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:10 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Europa Yeah, I did think "the South" would be super different from state to state - I mean, this is the US we're talking about.

No, I won't bother. *chuckle* I lack the knowledge to properly use it anyway, so, I'd have to thoroughly research the matter - and how to use it naturally. Teresa's a European type anyway, so, her accent could be based on the American one, generally speaking. So yeah, I'll take your advice, there, it makes sense to me.

Got it. Crash and regroup. Simple enough! I'll start schemin' for that, then. I don't know how soon I can post since my finals are next week, but if I at least have a little post plan by the time they're finished, it'll go smoother when I begin writing.

Thank you for all these answers, m'dear!

45 Reviews

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:02 pm
Europa says...

@Tortwag no problem

@corvidconvalescence, were you planning on posting next?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:29 am
Corvid says...

@Europa I'd love to post next, but I won't have time to write a proper until sometime next week, so if someone else wants to then I'm fine with that.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:51 pm
Elfboy says...

Hello, everyone! I'm your newest God of Destruction, Lux. I'll be more than happy to write a post soon, but I think it would be for the best to wait until you guys post a few more. That way I can get a feel for the writing of the series, and I also don't want to mess up the storyline. Oh, and who should Lux crash with?
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

"You may deem me romantic, my dear sister, but I bitterly feel the want of a friend."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein