z

Young Writers Society

Black Cotton DT

Reviews: 3
Sat May 12, 2018 8:10 pm
View Likes
DivinePrincess says...

I was thinking about how we could advance the plot a little bit, and maybe introduce some surprises.

First Idea: The cure for Black Cotton is one that is rare, and as we stated before in the DT they have a small stash of bamboo in the apartment for emergencies, but what if they decided to try and find more?

Second idea: What if a hugggeee storm is coming, maybe a hurricane, on another part of the state/country. People from all over that had survived Black Cotton would come to stay in the group's abandoned city for safety, and the group must decide who to trust and who not to trust? For example, RJ gets very paranoid very easily and NOW that since she is with child, it will be even worse. This would be a great opportunities to show your character's strengths, weaknesses, and leadership roles.

As for relationships go... I think it would be interesting to have some drama go on around the group itself. What do you guys think?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat May 12, 2018 9:00 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Relationships could be interesting. I think Dan is still isn’t quite over Jen and probably isn’t ready for a relationship, but I think if he got close to another female character it could be interesting to explore. Maybe they could have feelings for him and he could be oblivious?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

Sun May 13, 2018 3:34 am
View Likes
DivinePrincess says...

I didn't just mean romantic relationships... I meant friendly, hostile, etc. It could be anything. :) @Elinor

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun May 13, 2018 8:06 am
View Likes
Synnoev says...

I like both your ideas @DivinePrincess! Maybe there could also be some drama or rivalry with Ripley's previous group of survivors?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon May 14, 2018 1:18 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Synnoev that would be interesting! though i'm not sure if Ripley's the only one left in his group of survivors or ,,, yeah I'm not sure what's going on lol
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

17 Reviews

Wed May 16, 2018 1:08 pm
View Likes
Synnoev says...

Posted! Thank you @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX for checking dialogue etc!

@soundofmind It seems a bit ambiguous in Ripley's character sheet so I guess it's up to us? I think having other rival groups could be a fun source of conflict/drama though

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Synnoev omg i love the post and ?? I love Lily. Love the interaction w/Aaron
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

Wed May 16, 2018 1:45 pm
View Likes
DivinePrincess says...

Great post @Synnoev

I agree about the rival groups coming. I was thinking that @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX you could post next, considering the fact that Aaron is going out for the baby run. Then we can introduce the rival group and take in @corvidconvalescence. What do you think?

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Sounds good to me. Anyone wanting to collab with me on the journey to the pharmacy?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed May 16, 2018 2:20 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

i was just going to have just Ripley be introduced. His group disbanded/died off.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

Wed May 16, 2018 2:27 pm
View Likes
DivinePrincess says...

@corvidconvalescence that's fine, whatever you want.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed May 16, 2018 2:35 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

I'm sure I can think up a couple groups that might be interesting to deal with. Just how....insane do we want them to be?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Alright, should I post after @corvidconvalescence then?

And @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX I can help collab as well

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

17 Reviews

Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 pm
View Likes
Synnoev says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX I might be able to check in a little bit for any of Lily's parts if you want!

I think it would make sense if there were other small scavenger groups in the city, some maybe more aggressive than others? I think it's interesting if they are kinda morally grey, not evil, just prioritizing their own group's needs. Especially over scarcer resources like medicine.

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla