Young Writers Society

Black Cotton DT

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:35 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Posted! Let me know if there's anything else I can do, and/or how we can plan out our next moves from here.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:33 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

A late reply but I loved your post @Elinor!!! I'm glad Dan's finally coming to - and I'm curious what are all his thoughts about how this changes everything?!?? :0 I MEAN LOL I figure it's like, of course, Black Cotton is curable... but I feel like... they knew that?

SOME IDEAS FOR DETAILS AND MOVING ON:
1. I feel like they ran out of most of the antidote. They don't have enough to cure someone else if someone else gets sick (if it takes as much as it took w/Dan, which was most of the bottle let's say?)
2. Bo and Aaron discussed training some of the others on some basic self-defense stuff, so they could start on that. Adriana could help as well. I know we haven't heard from @/Bellarke but I'd like to see her get a little development maybe and get in on the action? I assume Dan would sit out on that and play mostly the observer since, even though he's getting mostly well, he's still recovering physically.
3. I forget how far into the pregnancy RJ is, but there's plenty of conflicts that could come up with that? I feel like she only has a little bump at this point since she's been able to hide it up until very recently. Morning sickness, whatever else comes with that. I don't know all the details.
4. It doesn't have to be covered in the next post I guess, or Bo doesn't have to reveal it yet, but inside one of his walls he has something of a small armory I guess? Hidden behind a wall. The trailer of course looks very average, but inside the walls is what's important lol. I imagine he has a few military grade guns, bullets, some handhelds (is that the term u use? lol). When he does make it known and show it to everyone it might be fun to dive more into his past and have people ask questions. I don't think anyone's really asked him much nor has he shared much? I assume RJ knows the most since they're established childhood friends, but I wonder if it would bother anyone? I know he was like, the one who mercy-killed Jaron for everyone, so everyone knows he's at least somewhat desensitized lol. And I mean, he's proven himself trustworthy and is a nice guy so idk how all your characters would react!! It might be fun to have some of them pry! IDK!! IT'S SOMETHING THEY COULD TALK ABOUT AT LEAST (@Synnoev maybe Lily could talk to Bo about it?? wink wonk))
5. I feel like we should have people find them/run into them/threaten to fight them or steal their stuff at some point, but I feel like we should wait on a big confrontation with a larger or more militant group? There's a lot going on, a lot of change for the characters haha. I feel like story-wise it'd be nice to slow down just a little bit to settle again and develop some of the relationships in light of all the changes for a few posts? Maybe?

ANYWHO THAT'S ALL I HAVE FOR NOW!! ya'll feel free to chip in your ideas!! i'm sure you've got cooler ones than mine lol, just thought i'd kick off some
more conversation
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:32 am
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

All of these are good ideas. Aaron wouldn't really have much against Bo. I wouldn't mind having a group find them and having to address it however they can. Aaron's real growth was from his last post at feeling that he doesn't have as meaningful a place in the group as anyone else. Everyone has something unique to offer except Aaron in his mind. If someone wants to work something out about that then that will work.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:19 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX I'd love to see that developed in Aaron! I love Aaron's growth and vulnerability in feeling like he doesn't belong. I'm sure he could talk it out with Bo or Bo could speak into that but I'd also love to have Aaron hear that from others - like Dan in that post - how he's needed and wanted. I think it'd be good for him to hear it from everyone maybe even in little ways? LET'S MAKE AARON FEEL LOVED AND IMPORTANT I CAN GET BEHIND THIS

107 Reviews

Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:40 am
View Likes

@soundofmind as much as I have enjoyed the interaction between Aaron and Bo, I'm going to hope that one of the others will take that chance. Maybe Aaron takes a needless risk during a confrontation, believing that he is expendable.

107 Reviews

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:00 am
View Likes

Actually... @DivinePrincess I put a little story in that affects RJ. Aaron was supposed to go on the run that got Jarren infected. Jarren wasn't supposed to go. Does she know that? If she does, does she still hold that against him? It could be a good scene if that is confronted between the two of them.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

*pokes* anyone working on a post or need help working on a post?

also, swordsman!! I totally agree w/you! let's give the others a chance, and I like the idea of Aaron taking a needles risk. Not that I want to see him get hurt, of course, but you know how it is lol. THE THINGS WE MUST DO TO MOVE THE PLOT FORWARD. AH, such is life

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:24 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Ayy, I know this SB has been pretty quiet and it's been a few months. I'm sorry to say that I can't really be around to help write for it anymore! Unfortunately, life and work has been picking up and will get especially busy starting just before the new year. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to drop out of a few SB's, and this is, unfortunately, one of them.

I love and support you all! <3 And I wish ya'll the best.

I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman