SS Selkie DT

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:59 pm
StellaThomas says...

All discussion goes here!

[And yes. I'm playing a medic. Deal with it.]
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:13 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

This looks interesting! May I reserve a spot as a navigator? :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:24 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Of course, @PrincessInk!

*reserved*

I've also added a few extra places - two space stations and the moon xD I feel like we should have more planets, rather than just Mars, 3 moons and 3 space stations, but oh well.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:32 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

I'm going to do something I shouldn't be doing at the moment and join this storybook! xD I'd like to be an engineer, but then again I don't have any engineer-y knowledge so maybe I should go for security? Hm...
Anyways, hello! c: I've never worked with this type of story before, so this should be interesting(as long as I'm not thrown head-first into it haha)! I'm excited! (Also space! I love space (:)
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:35 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

@TheBlueCat - don't worry! You don't need to know anything about engineering - the engineer is just there as a mechanic and unless anyone here knows how space ships work, you can just make up words! "The converter belt snapped - we'll need a replacement if we ever want the hyperdrive back" simple!

Let me know which one you'd like ;)

A note to everyone that I deliberately want each person to have a skill set in at least one area other than their own. So my character, Fletcher, can in a pinch navigate if the navigator's being held hostage, and maybe your engineer can also beat people up, and the navigator can fly the ship if needs be. This is mainly to encourage more interaction between characters, so that you can call on *at least* one person in-story and be like, "What do you think about this problem?" All for the drama!

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:40 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Ah I'll go for engineer then! I've kinda wanted to be one irl honestly c: Haha now I can pretend without looking super silly.
Ah I see; it will definitely make for some interesting things (:
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:45 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

Right, so the idea I have for my character is that he's an old merchant well-versed in trading but also a good cook and house cleaner (out of habit, not as a job). However while I'm doing research on criminal syndicates and illegal trades I need to ask:

-What's the role of the SS Selkie in the overall crime syndicate?
-What do they dabble in usually, illegal trade, racketeering, extortion, etc.?
-So are we going really lax on the lore and just accepting that its Cowboy Pirate Mafias in Space, or do you want to base a little of it on real life pirates/cowboys/mafias?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:14 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Sacredlege wrote:Right, so the idea I have for my character is that he's an old merchant well-versed in trading but also a good cook and house cleaner (out of habit, not as a job). However while I'm doing research on criminal syndicates and illegal trades I need to ask:

-What's the role of the SS Selkie in the overall crime syndicate?
-What do they dabble in usually, illegal trade, racketeering, extortion, etc.?
-So are we going really lax on the lore and just accepting that its Cowboy Pirate Mafias in Space, or do you want to base a little of it on real life pirates/cowboys/mafias?

Good question!

I think probably we're going to be involved in small-scale commissions from the syndicate. This is a big syndicate and we probably won't have too many interactions with the boss, except when we will. I think the first one will probably be trying to move contraband, smuggling etc.

But of course, we're pirates, so when we see an opportunity we go for it, whether it's Jargo's wishes or not!

We will also definitely be trying to get to Ganymede at some point - maybe to pick up an enemy of Jargo's?

I don't think, given that it's a small ship with a small crew, we're the type of ship that's going to be boarding others and like ripping them apart in space. Our activities will likely be more station-side and planet-side

As for lore, I don't really mind! I think I'm definitely heavily influenced by Firefly here, and one of my favourite moments is when they spend a whole episode talking about the "cargo" and the cargo is a herd of cattle! So we can go as cowboy or pirate as people want - what do people think?

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:51 pm
sheysse says...

Oh my Lordy Lord, this looks wonderful. Might I please reserve the Engineer?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:48 pm
RaidenCheese says...

I-I wanna join!
Can I reserve the uh...Pilot?
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:52 pm
StellaThomas says...

@Sheytato - sorry, it looks like Blue Cat has already reserved the engineer, but please take another spot!

@RaidenCheese - sure!

I'll update the OP now - sorry Shey, should have been more on top of things to avoid confusion!

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:13 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

No, no, it's my fault for only skimming the previous posts here. *facepalm*

Might I go for the big guns and take captain then?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:15 pm
StellaThomas says...

@Sheytato - PLEASE DO. I was worried the spot would stay unfilled and it's the only one we *really* need!

I'll pencil you in now ^^

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:41 pm
View Likes
Nobunaga says...

If you don't mind my noobness, can I be security? I'm trying to get into this Storybook thing.
"Be the butthole" - Lareine, 2018

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:13 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Happy to have You, @Nobunaga :)

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet