Young Writers Society

Aeyis [DT]

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:23 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Whatever I wanted to say has already been said, but I'll say this:
Dat was a really cool post fammy fam, I liked it a lot :)
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:47 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@PrincessInk, the post looked wonderful! I just got the chance to read through it and I love what you wrote. I'm really excited to see Ellen interact with the other characters, especially when they all realize who each other are.

Just a quick reminder for everyone who has posted so far: don't forget to go and claim your points over in the storybook challenges thread!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'd like to welcome a new member of this storybook! We've talked about him joining over on Discord, and I'm glad to say that the wonderful @Tortwag is now one of us. I can't wait to see what you come up with, Tort!

By the way, how are everyone's posts coming along?
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:43 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Ooo, Tort's joinin' is he?
I wonder what kind of character he's got for us! :D
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:14 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

MANDATORY ENTRANCE GIF

*ahem*

Thank you for the warm welcome, m'dears. @saentiel @RaidenCheese Aaas for the character question, welp, my wonderful Aspiring Bandit - Andetto Myrmidon V has been submitted, so, enjoy the read! *chuckle* ah, stupidly childish titles are the best :smt003
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:38 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

A belated welcome, @Tortwag ! :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:08 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

A much enjoyed belated welcome, m'dear! Thank you for it :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Seriously, Twaggy! Welcome! :3 I am excite. Am you excite?
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

8 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:27 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Everybody is excite
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Neil looks wonderful, @Tortwag! (Love that gif up there, by the way.) I just changed the name for the profile to his actual name. Unlike with this storybook's predecessor, this storybook has a bigger focus on the actual characters and not the one they're roleplaying as.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@saentiel Aaaaah, that explains my impression of being the only one to be on the edge of some unspoken ruuuule...

But does that mean that I don't get to start immediately in the forest with Neil already turned into his counterpart, m'dear? I mean, I'll read all of the posts to catch up/get an idea anyway, but that's what the informative post make me believe.

@Lumi Thankiiiies♪ If I'm excite? Why yes, indeed :3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Not quite! You'll see it when you start reading the posts, but each character starts off going about their daily life. By the end of the post, they're their character. I went over it on a previous, which I quoted down below to make your life easier. If it doesn't make sense, please let me know!

saentiel wrote:Next on the agenda - the plot! Since the storybook is just starting, I'm keeping things pretty simple. There's not much you have to do in your post, and, hopefully, this first round will be a fun chance to learn more about your character!

So here's the plot:

1.) Your character goes about their daily life. Maybe going to school, maybe going to work, maybe just chilling at home. It's all up to you! Just make sure to end this part of your post with them going to sleep.
2.) Your character wakes up as their character. For example, @RaidenCheese's character Sora wakes up as his character Sofia.
3.) This is a bit of a change from the original post, but your character is going to end up in the woods bordering the river. They should still see the fight, but you'll be able to focus more on your character's reaction to waking up as someone who should have been fictional.

Other: As mentioned before, your character is going to have their character's voice, muscle memory and any magic they possessed in the past. Please don't directly interact with the other characters in the second half! (Though be my guest to have your character know another person's in real life.)

Next, we have the challenge. It's been posted over in the Storybook Badges & Challenges thread, so please check it out if you haven't already!

And last - but certainly not least - I have some photos to use as reference from the scenery. I was actually inspired to create this storybook when hiking with my family; I thought you'd like to see what exactly I was referring to in the original post. They're down in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :

mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, everyone! I understand that we all have pretty busy schedules (myself included) but I think it would be really cool if we could start the next round of posts soon. Would everyone who hasn't been able to post yet be able to post by the end of this upcoming week? That would be around April 15th.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:05 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I'll see what I can do.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:37 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Your post looks wonderful, @Lael! I feel so bad for Jin - hopefully the conflict will be resolved soon. c:
mage

queer and here.

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney