Young Writers Society

Aeyis [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

In case anyone is curious why I posted the same challenge from before in the storybook challenges thread, it's because I wanted the people who weren't able to complete it to get a chance to. Hopefully, this is the last time I'll post it! If worst comes to worst, I can always post it for a third time.

In an unrelated note, are you guys excited to read the new posts that are coming up?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:58 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Yes
Very much so
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:10 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Of course I'm excited, m'dear! Can't wait to have a match, too, but that'll have to wait after my exams are done - that would be next week.

But seriously, now that we're all in, things will get so much more interesting.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 am
View Likes
AliceinBluue says...

I liiiiivvvveeeeee!!!!! And lookie there, I brought my post along with me from the world of the undead!

Sorry for the extra long wait, I don't know if my editing fixed all my problems, but it at least made them better(and increased the post length by about 600 words because oops). If I missed talking about what anyone was doing in my post, please let me know so I can fix it right up for you guys. I figured that because we haven't really sparred yet and because we're all in new bodies that know how to do things we don't yet, some, if not all of us would not think to fist with a weapon first, but you guys would know better tan me so please do not hesitate to tell me if I need to change something!!!

But other than that, I hope you guys enjoy!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:02 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

AAA what a fun, action-filled post!!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It was an awesome, @AliceinBluue! I loved seeing all the characters interacting.

@PrincessInk, you're up next! Do you think you'll be able to get your post up soon?
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:44 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Just wondering, what did this thief steal (or failed to steal)? I've worked a bit on the post and I've just realized that I probably need to know about that.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I never went into specifics, so it's up to you! I'd say store goods, money or something along those lines? So like food, soap, maybe utensils if you go the foods route, and gold coins if you go the money route.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@PrincessInk, how is your post coming along?
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:27 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'm halfway through! I'll try to work on it today.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm sorry to bother you about this again, @PrincessInk, but how is your post coming along? Are you almost done with it? I understand if things have come up!
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:57 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

@Saen: I'm busy (and this post is somehow ending up wrong?) with life and my own WIP so I'm writing the post pretty slowly (with several false starts). Sorry!

Also, to everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure out why a fight would be going on that's large enough to pull our cast in. I'm thinking of a tavern fight but I'm not sure because I don't think the team would stop by the tavern while carrying the thief with them. Any other ideas?

40 Reviews

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:53 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@PrincessInk:

Well, since this is supposed to be an RP world and we started in a forest, several things could happen!

♦We're attacked by savage animals. Maybe, before being sucked into this world, we had come to the forest for a quest in which we were supposed to get rid of monsters that were starting to get far too organized for the surrounding humans' comfort.

♦The thief escapes in the tavern by himself (Can't quite imagine how, but we're in a good enough state of shock to be surprised) to create some chaos in order to escape by the back door, so we have to battle our way through the place to reach him.

♦The thief was pursued by another group of mercenary, who'd prefer taking him themselves in order to get the bounty on his head - so, they'd fight us for it.

There! These are all the ideas I can muster for this situation. Hope it helps, m'dear!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

373 Reviews

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:27 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Thank you so much @Tortwag!! I really like the third idea and I think I'll use that. A rival group of mercenaries will make things very interesting. Thanks again!

40 Reviews

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:44 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@PrincessInk Ya welcome, m'dear! We'll go with third option, then. Hmm... In which case it turns into a bit of a clan wars, or team battle royal... Since you're getting every character involved, d'you need us to write bits and pieces of how our characters would behave in such battles so that you can include them to your post? It could be in a WFP of yours, but if you think you're fine without that, that's okay too, m'dear!

Good luck with the post, either way!

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel