z

Young Writers Society

Aeyis [DT]

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:33 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I don't know if I'll include every single character (I'm writing in close 3rd POV and it might not allow for that!) but I think it would be incredibly useful if we did have a "cheat sheet" for how the cast fights in battles. Though the CPs do provide the information of their weapons, it would be nice for all the info to be in one place.

@Saen, do you think the WFP you created for this SB might be a good fit to hold that information?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:32 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Adventurer(s): @FalconerGal9086, @Thundahguy, @PrincessInk, @RaidenCheese, @AliceinBluue, @Lael, @Lumi, and @Tortwag.

Storybook: Aeyis

The Challenge: The team assembles!

The cast have all become stuck as their characters, and now it's time for them to explore their new world - with their friends, of course. And while they're at it, they should check out their characters' abilities. They just might find something useful.

Completion Time: eight posts

Credits Awarded: You can receive up to four credits; one for posting, one for including dialogue from another character, one for showing off your character's new skills, and one for having your post be at least seven hundred words.

The challenge has expired! It went well, I think. May the next one do the same!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:37 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I agree with @PrincessInk! For example we can have a section of a pad scored as such:

BATTLE STYLE

Mihael
Close-quarters tooth-and-nail combat. As his blood is a ritualistic resource to incarnate his fire powers, he literally banks on being cut and shorn. He is ravenous and, as battle wages on, his bloodlust enhances, depriving him of slight tactical ability for raw power.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@PrincessInk, it sounds like the perfect place for that sort of thing! I'll add Arthur's fighting style a little later.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I apologize for not creating a section in the pad sooner! I've been busy preparing for our big trip to Canada and then actually driving to Canada, but the section is now up. I've put Arthur's fighting style down as an example.

I'd appreciate it if everyone else did the same with their characters!
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:01 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Fighting style info: successfully copied!

Neil/Andetto:

Spoiler! :
•Andetto's fighting style is about three things: analysis, control, and disruption. Using his personal book of spells, Andetto can currently summon and control up to five minions that fight alongside him with supernatural coordination, needing only a thought of his to make their moves. Though weak, individually, they can be summoned repeatedly should they fall in battle, and easily form precise formations with Andetto to disable their opponents so that Andetto himself can deliver decisive blows.

•Aside that, Andetto has the ability to modify his body to inflict more damage (such as creating a giant horn over his head, or temporarily increasing the size and strength of his claws or teeth), or modify the body of his minions for them to do his bidding.

•Finally, his final and most dangerous technique is the ability to merge his minions with himself, thus increasing his abilities by the amount of minions merged within himself. As previously stated, they are individually weak, but if he properly modified their damage output before merging, he'll benefit from every enhancement given to his minions.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:52 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I ALSO ADDED BO'S FIGHTING INFO AFTER 5 YEARS ashlkjdf sorry I fORGOT AAAA
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

40 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:13 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@soundofmind Pff, why the heck are you apologizing for, m'dear? It took me 4 years XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 pm
soundofmind says...

lolololol just cause I was behind Tort but ALL IS WELL
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

40 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:51 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

But of course, m'dear

373 Reviews

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:06 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

All righty, I posted! Sorry for the looong delay. Let me know if I need to change anything!

After all, I didn't set up a fight between rival mercenaries--the fight was supposed to have been between the townspeople. But I still like the idea, and I hope to see such a thing in the future ;)

373 Reviews

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:08 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Also, @RaidenCheese and @Thundahguy, I'd especially like to make sure I portrayed your characters correctly (there was some interactions between them and Ellen in the beginning of the post).

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Your post looks wonderful, @PrincessInk! I love how you wrote their journey into town and meeting with the shop owner - especially when she saw Arthur with the others!

@Lumi, you're up next! But since it looks like only Tort and I have filled out the sparring partners section, I'm going to go through and randomly pick people to go against each other. If you want to change things up, feel free to! I just don't want to waste time waiting for replies when we could be moving ahead to some fun stuff.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:52 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Lovely post, @PrincessInk! I really enjoyed reading it.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:54 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

@PrincessInk Sora was portrayed wonderfully, don't worry. The only possible thing I would've done was maaybe mention that he avoided eye contact. But that's really unimportant in the grand scheme of your post.
Also, great post. I enjoyed reading through it.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable