Young Writers Society

Aeyis [DT]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:31 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lael

"Oh, and for anyone that isn't used to battle descriptions, I'm available in Discord and YWS Private Messages if you need to ask for anything, either advice or suggestion! It's been a specialty of mine for quite some time, now, so I should be able to help."

↑ Although, this doesn't fix your school year issue, but hey, I'm still available for help!
But eh, I'll at least go with mine to set the tone, and then things can be skipped, if people want that. I'm not hellbent on them being mandatory, or anything, I just wanna make mine :3

As for Andy, I mean I guess I could, unless someone else's interested! To begin with, I do have a way to build a some interaction between him and my own character, but then, I'll make sure to study Lumi's post on him to see what I could do. Well, that also goes to anyone else is interested and wants to use Andy, really.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:50 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

I'm down for writing action scenes. But either way I'm cool with whatever happens
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:38 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I'm down for moving it forward after maybe a post or two of fighting! I think it might help just to get things rolling. SORRY for replying to this so late BTW!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

40 Reviews

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:20 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

HAH! BWAAAAHAHAHAHA! I'M DONE! I'M DONE, AND THIS WAS- ahem.

I'm done, and this was amazing. I'll post it tomorrow, once I'm done editing and polishing. gosh, what a fun battle. @Saen, m'dear, would you like to see the document first, or shall I submit it so that you THEN get to guillotine me for writing your character wrong?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm fine with you posting it as it is! I honestly don't have much in mind for Arthur's fighting style, so I can't really see there being anything wrong with it. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I meant more like his dialogue, but gotcha! I think the fighting style should be fine :3

40 Reviews

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:53 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double-posting for the sake of WARNING Y'ALL SORRY BUTTS THAT MY SORRY BUTT POSTED AT LAST! WHOOO, FINALLY!

Hope that'll inspire some of you, m'dears! Enjoy the battle :3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:59 pm
Mageheart says...

Your post was great, @Tortwag! I really enjoyed reading the fighting and banter between Arthur and Andetto, and I love how the later one is really going all out with staying in character.

I'm going to try figuring out what we can do for the next round of posts, come up with a solid plot and try to get a post up over the next few weeks.

And is this the time where I sheepishly admit that Arawn is only technically named after mythology, and that I really named him after Demon King Arawn in Tears to Tiara?

Spoiler! :
This is the character I'm talking about, by the way.

mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I haven't worked out the individual details, but I came up with a basic idea of what will happen for the majority of the storybook. (There will possibly be another arc after it all, but we'll just have to see how that plays out.)

Here's how the storybook should (hopefully) play out.

The Shrine and Riken: The arc we're about to reach, where the cast returns to the shrine that Arawn was supposed to die in a year earlier. While going there, they discover a little more about their purpose in the world and what Riken's story is.

(For anyone who doesn't remember, Riken is the shadow being that follows Arthur around!)

Lights, Camera, Action!: The cast has to do some major acting when people from their characters's pasts start showing up, and things get awkward fast. This arc is important, but I'm also thinking it'll be the perfect opportunity for a bit of comedy on our parts.

The Priest Returns: K - or, rather, Keith - shows up.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:36 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Thankies! Making it was half the fun, but hey, glad you liked the full thing!

As for the Arawn revelation, I'm not sure why you should be sheepish about that, since Andetto's entire appearance is a Kuriboh from Yu-Gi-Oh. Like, his entire body type, description, archtype, and final transformation into a five headed dragon are all based on that one Kuriboh archtype :3

Spoiler! :
The difference being: they're furballs, but they're ACTUALLY cute instead of creepy XD

Also, that Arawn image is rather handsome, which is a plus

Oooh, more Riken stuff! That's cool, I was wondering what was its purpose.
Also, Lights, Camera, Action! is going to be SO MUCH FUN from my side, mostly because the only people that Andetto's ever known are people that know Myrmidon, and he is going to be mocked XD

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:43 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'm excited to see where this SB goes--I am SO looking forward to the shrine arc and when our cast may get in shenanigans while trying to pretend to be their RP characters.

Also, @Tortwag, I know next to nothing about the furballs, but I cannot deny their cuteness. Like their fluffiness! their large! adorable! eyes!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

8 Reviews

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:00 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

So
could I like
skim through all the sparring scenes?
I could glaze over the others from Sora's viewpoint, have his fight, wrap it up and we could all move on to the next round of posts?
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:02 am
Mageheart says...

That sounds good to me, @RaidenCheese! The next couple of weeks are busy for me, anyways, so it'll be good to have a post coming up to keep this storybook active. When are you thinking of posting by?
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:08 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

oh jeez uh
I could get one up the weekend if I have time
Otherwise, I have exams-- but next week after Tuesday I'm free so I mean
I don't think I should be too long

Heck, if I have the motivation I could get one up later today!
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

40 Reviews

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:18 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@PrincessInk I knooow, right? Ugh, their large eyes is what takes the cake for me. <3

@RaidenCheese So either this weekend, or next week. Gotcha! Good luck with your post, m'dear. Oh, and could you include everyone's reaction to Andetto and Arawn's sparring match? I... had a bit of trouble portraying that, so I felt like spectators would do that better than I ever could, since my understanding of everyone else is still rather limited.

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues