z

Young Writers Society

Aeyis [DT]

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:21 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

@RaidenCheese: thanks! I slipped in a line about him looking at the sky instead of Ellen when she looked up to meet his eyes. Did that turn out all right?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:37 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

@PrincessInk Perfecttt :D!
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:23 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@PrincessInk !!!!!! dude that was such a fun post!! lol i love how you wrote Amy and I love the little insights we got into Ellen and how she's already missing home!!! I'm excited for the sparringggg
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Lumi, I'm sorry to bother you, but will you be able to get your post up soon? I understand if you can't, but you never replied to my post here so I wanted to check that you saw it.

Is everyone else excited about getting to see their characters using their characters' powers?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:10 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'm definitely looking forward to see what our cast can do!! :D
always daydreaming, always clumsy

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:26 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Ohohohoooo, yes, that I am! We haven't gotten to play around with 'em just yet, so, I'm interested to see how things will go from here. We'll get to creativity town during the sparring matches, especially, so, lookin' forward to that!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, everyone! @Lumi's taking a break from YWS for a bit, so we decided that it would be best for someone else to go for now. @Tortwag, @Thundahguy, @RaidenCheese, and @FalconerGal9086 are all the people who are currently down for posting sparring matches alone - @Lael also has a sparring post, but that one is the one where Riken returns. Does anyone listed above want to include the bit about them returning to the woods, Riken slipping away and them deciding to test out their powers? You'd still get to spar, but you'd just have to add that extra bit in at the very beginning of your post.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:11 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I have no idea why it took me so long to post about this here, but @Tortwag will be posting next! Tort, will you be able to get a post up soon?
mage

queer and here.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:24 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Adventurer(s): @FalconerGal9086, @Thundahguy, @PrincessInk, @RaidenCheese, @Lael, @Lumi, and @Tortwag.

Storybook: Aeyis

The Challenge: The team assembles!

The cast have all become stuck as their characters, and now it's time for them to explore their new world - with their friends, of course. And while they're at it, they should check out their characters' abilities. They just might find something useful.

Completion Time: eight posts

Credits Awarded: You can receive up to four credits; one for posting, one for including dialogue from another character, one for showing off your character's new skills, and one for having your post be at least seven hundred words.

I'm late in reporting the expiration of this challenge, but don't worry, as I've installed top secret decay-prevention technology in the challenges thread; there is no awful smell to bother you anymore.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, everyone.

I'm sure that all of you have noticed that Lumi is no longer a member of the site by now. All I can say about it is that Lumi has been banned, and that you can go to @Rydia if you have any questions. She can't say too much, but she'll do her best to answer any questions or concerns you have.

This means that Andrew Neal is currently an NPC, though I'm going to try finding someone to take over for Lumi's character. If any of you are interested in writing for another character on top of your own, please let me know. I'd be happy to hand the reins over to you. (I do believe @soundofmind and Lumi had Amy and Andrew be close friends, so just keep that in mind if you want to write for him.)

On an unrelated note, @Tortwag, how's your post coming along?
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:03 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Saen 1/4 of it down! School has started, whichj slowed me down for SBs in general, but I have pretty much everything planned - though I'll have to run the battle/practice by you once I finish it, to make sure I don't get the fighting styles wrong.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:13 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sounds good to me, @Tortwag! Take all the time that you need to make the post. I believe it'll be three months since the last post on October 20th, but, if it takes you that long to write the post, I'll just make sure to put this storybook down as undying.

In the meantime, I invite everyone who signed up for a sparring post to start working on it! You don't really need to know what's happening in the other posts to write your own - all you need to do is talk to the person your character is sparring with, and then go from there!
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:55 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I don't think it'll take that long now that I have my school schedule in mind, but that's good to know, just in case!

Oh, and for anyone that isn't used to battle descriptions, I'm available in Discord and YWS Private Messages if you need to ask for anything, either advice or suggestion! It's been a specialty of mine for quite some time, now, so I should be able to help.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:06 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I have a question for everyone. This round of posts has been going really slow, and something tells me that not everyone is into writing the battle scenes as much as Tort and I are. Does anyone object to us jumping ahead to after they do their training? I'd love to get some more activity in the storybook, and I think pushing a little farther into the plot might be the trick.

@Tortwag would still post, of course! I'm just trying to figure out what to do after that.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for who might want to take over writing for Andy?
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:51 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I wouldn't mind writing a battle scene, but it's just that I'm very inexperienced and bad at writing them and I'm a lot busier than I anticipated this school year. Personally, I would vote for skipping past this part.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

If you don't know it's impossible it's easier to do. And because nobody's done it before, they haven't made up rules to stop anyone doing that again, yet.
— Neil Gaiman