z

Young Writers Society

Light Blinding [DT]

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:46 am
Synnoev says...

This is the discussion topic for Light Blinding! I'm hoping this will be a fun SB for everyone. What's behind our new mysterious powers? Let's work together to find out!

Ability Level Info
I got quite excited about the idea of a levelling SB, where our characters get more powerful as the story progresses. Everybody will start at level 1 and level up with each new post or by winning a challenge! At level 3, you can choose to add a new ability if you like.

Illusion
Spoiler! :
Level 1:
Can cast simple, silent, non-moving illusions for up to 10 seconds. Afterwards, both the caster and any viewers experience a painful headache.
Level 2:
Can cast simple illusions without difficulty. Illusions can now move and can be larger with some effort. Can now create audio illusions, but not at the same time as a visual illusion.
Level 3:
Can cast an illusion on self or others as a disguise.
Level 4:
Can create convincing and complex visual illusions that make sound.
Level 5:
Can turn self or others invisible for up to one minute. All illusions are easier to cast, and simple illusions can last for up to 30 minutes.

Empathy/telepathy
Spoiler! :
Level 1:
Can get a general sense of another person's emotions if touching their skin.
Level 2:
Can sense the emotions of other people in close proximity by focusing on them. Can get a sense of their thoughts when touching their skin.
Level 3:
Can telepathically communicate own emotion to one other person. More complex messages give both the sender and receiver a painful headache.
Can resist telepathy by others.
Level 4:
Can send slightly clearer messages to one other person without causing headache. Can sense other people's thoughts more clearly.
Level 5:
Can communicate clear messages to multiple people at once.

Telekinesis
Spoiler! :
Level 1:
Can move small non-living objects within a 5-foot radius
Level 2:
Can move non-living objects that weigh up to what they would be able to pick up with their natural physical strength.
Level 3:
Can move things heavier than that they would be able to naturally pick up, but experience several fatigue afterwards.
Can move small or weak living creatures.
Level 4:
Can move large things with less effort. Can move human-sized living creatures if they do not resist.
Level 5:
Can move huge things, although objects larger than a car still cause exhaustion. Can move resistant living creatures.

Force field
Spoiler! :
Level 1:
Can create a small shimmering barrier that blocks some physical effects for up to 10 seconds. The barrier can pass through things, but does this does not affect the barrier or the object.
Level 2:
Can create a shimmering spherical barrier with a diameter of 1 metre. Spherical barriers can block sound. Barriers last for up to 30 seconds.
Level 3:
Can create transparent barriers. Barriers can block stronger attacks and last for up to 5 minutes.
Level 4:
Barriers can now block some physic effects and last for 30 minutes.
Level 5:
Can create a 10-foot spherical barrier that blocks all physical and physic effects. Barriers can last for 1 hour.

Astral projection
Spoiler! :
Level 1:
Can either see or hear into another place within a 10-foot radius for 15 seconds. Cannot interact with anything in the other place.
Level 2:
Can both see and hear into another place within a 10-foot radius for 30 seconds.
Level 3:
Can project up to 30 feet away. Cannot move in the other place, but can make self visible and communicate with other people.
Level 4:
Can project up to 50 feet away and can move around in the other place for up to 5 minutes.
Level 5:
Can interact with objects in the other place with significant effort. Can project for up to 10 minutes.

Possession (not available as a starting skill)
Spoiler! :
Levels to be added later!

Time control (not available as a starting skill)
Spoiler! :
Levels to be added later!

(If you have ideas for another similar psychic-based power that can be levelled up, let me know and I'll add it to the list!)
Last edited by Synnoev on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:35 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

This sounds really cool! I like that you’ve set it up as an open world concept. I’ll definitely consider being apart of this one!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:51 pm
Synnoev says...

Thank you @HazelGrace16! I'm hoping we can start in December if we get a few more people.

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain