z

Young Writers Society

Starlight DT

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:29 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

I'm definitely less busy! My post is over halfway done and I know what the rest is going to be; I just need to type it up and edit the portion I wrote on my phone.
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:37 am
Elinor says...

Beautiful!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:41 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I think I'm ready to start working on posting again. I think what I would need is just a rundown of what is happening/to include in the post.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:50 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I think what I will do is work on a timeline/rundown of what each character is up to, without giving any of your roles in the murder away.

As I do this, is there anything else I could add that would be of help to anyone? Mainly honing in on our characters relationships with each other? I think that would help, but I don't want to just have that be something I tell people, I'd want to be a collaborative effort.

Or things like movies that are each of our characters biggest hits? Or would something like that just mainly be window dressing?

@Lumi, I would love if you could expand on the PM you sent us all before break, because I thought there were some good details there but I wasn't sure what you were asking.

I've been listening to a radio series over break that's given me a lot of good ideas for this, literally it's about what different Hollywood stars were up to during the war.

Let me know what you guys are thinking!

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:01 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Where We Are:

Karen was murdered on November 22rd (the Saturday after Thanskgiving). Witnesses placed her at the Chestnut Club that evening, frequented by Vitophone's contract stars, who were all interviewed between late that week and the first week of December. The investigation was abruptly distracted on December 7th by the outbreak of war.

They resumed about a week later, but Detectives Hopper and Lindstrom were unable to get anywhere, so everyone was free to enjoy their holidays. Saturday Evening was in active pre-production by this point, with Andrew promising that production would begin in earnest after the new year. However, he recieved a letter from the USO asking for two volunteers to perform in a touring show to last three months.

Andrew, a true patriot, agreed and will ask Ann and Evelyn to go. They will agree. Around this he was also contacted by the Hollywood Canteen, a free club for servicemen, who needed celebrity volunteers. He will send Gabe, Lacy and Irene when they are not working on The Beverly, a throwaway romantic comedy which will be complete by the time Ann and Evelyn return. Meanwhile, Detective Lindstrom, following a hunch, has contacted Gabe, and will meet him for lunch to question him again regarding the details of the case.

Andrew, who has joint custody of his five year old daughter, Sarah, has his hands full on top of everything else going on. Irene and Gabe are sleeping together, but Lacy and Gabe are continunally paired together romantically despite Lacy not being interested in him. Lacy has had reoccuring dreams about Karen. Andrew and Irene used to have an affair, and still have a volatile relationship. Andrew has written out his terms for Irene to not be fired into a letter. Ann feels guilty that she kicked Karen out of her house. Everyone is nervous, guilty and a little uncertain.

Evelyn/Ann

@TheBlueCat, after you make your first post, you and I will start in Samoa (it's in the Pacific) to entertain the troops stationed there . What you need to know that it's a rainforest climate, and we'll be camping in the pretty rough conditions alongside everyone else. We'll start our show with the Star Spangled Banner, perform a few other songs and talk to the troops. We'll do this from army base to army base.

One thing we can discuss is what our characters relationships was like before this and how we grow and change because of it. Once it runs dry, we can time skip as necessary to get back to Los Angeles. I'd be happy to chat with you more about this storyline! I kind of just want to see where it goes.

Lacy/Gabe/Irene plus Andrew and Jake

@Lumi @LadyLizz @Steggy My idea is that filming will begin pretty much immediately after we leave. In the evenings, you will all volunteer at the Hollywood Canteen, so you three will be spending a lot of time with each other. Jake is also meeting you for lunch, Lumi, so you and I can also take some time and figure out what those posts are going to look like, since depending on how it goes it will affect the rest of us.

Andrew has his hands tied with his daughter and ex right now, so he's expecting to not have to intervene.

And we'll go from there, I think. Let me know what I can do.

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:25 pm
Elinor says...

Does anyone have any thoughts or questions? Does this sound good to everyone?

-- Walt Disney

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:37 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

That sounds good to me! I like where this is going and I'm thrilled to see where it's going to take us.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

102 Reviews

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:51 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

I'm good! I'm excited to take Evelyn to Samoa :)
she/her please <3

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:10 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply--I'm still aboard the ship and sailing along (on Moonlight Bay), but I've been horrendously sick the past two weeks, so it's a miracle I'm holding my head up straight.

Tell me when you'd like me to postidigitation, and it will happen.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:31 pm
Elinor says...

@Lumi, that's totally fine! You can start writing your post as soon as you can. If you want me to help with collaboration since you'll be meeting with Jake, I'm only a PM away.

@TheBlueCat, do you think you can have your post up by the end of the weekend?

-- Walt Disney

102 Reviews

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:27 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

I think so; I'm pretty close to being done, even though my post seems so short right now.
she/her please <3

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 am
Elinor says...

I’m sure you’re fine, but if you want me to look at it in advance, I can.

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:30 pm
Elinor says...

@LadyLizz, can you please respond to my PM? You're the only person who hasn't checked in yet.

-- Walt Disney

102 Reviews

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

I'm not super happy with my post, but I just needed to write it. I took the part from @Lumi's post with Evelyn and input her thoughts so it had some merit, so I hope it still adds to the story.
she/her please <3

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:31 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I think it’s great, Blue! Now that we’ve all posted, we can start moving forward. How’s this for a post order based on what we’ve discussed?

@Lumi
@Elinor (Ann)
@LadyLizz
@Steggy
@TheBlueCat

I don’t see a need to post for Andrew or Jake or right now or for a while, I’m happy to manage three characters but I do want Ann to be my main one.

-- Walt Disney

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault