Young Writers Society

Starlight DT

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:17 pm
Elinor says...

That's what I like to hear! :D

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:10 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

One thing I should mention, although it's not super pressing, is that our wouldn't be the only actors Andrew has under contract. I would say there's around twenty five actors in all, including us, but we're the most recognized/biggest box office draws.

That doesn't mean it's only twenty-five of us appearing in film after film, as sometimes other actors from other studios will be lent out to us. What I'm thinking though is that Andrew wouldn't really want to lend us out to other studios. We're his and he doesn't want to share.

It may or may not even come up, but if it's necessary for your post from anything from a fleeting interaction or mention to an extended conversation to talk to another star at Vitophone, go to town.

If anyone has any questions about this, let me know.

Also, can I ask a small favor? You guys are pretty much already doing this, but once you've read a post in the DT/SB, can you like it so I know that you've read/understood it? I would really appreciate it. :)

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:29 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Also, I made you guys a present. Los Angeles can be a very difficult city to think of spatially if you've never been here, so I made a map of all of the significant locations in our Storybook. I also, somewhat arbitrarily, picked where we all live. If we were movie stars of that era we pretty much going to be in the Hills or close to the beach -- the same is even true today.

If you can guess, the further north and west you get, the wealthier and nicer the areas are. For reference, the Pacific Palisades/Brentwood/The Hills are the nicest, and Jake pretty much lives and works in the hood. Griffith Park, where I put Lacy's home, @Steggy, also has tons of beautiful old mansions that celebrities used to live in. They're not so hot anymore but in the 40s they would have been.

I hope this helps you guys to put it all in perspective. Click to make bigger! :D

Let me know if there are any questions regarding this or anything else.
Attachments
Starlight Map.png

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:43 pm
Elinor says...

Hey @LadyLizz just checking in since I know you said a couple days ago that you were almost done! I'm working on something with Lumi but it can be posted whenever, although it might change depending on you and Steggy.

-- Walt Disney

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:49 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Oh sorry. Meant to post last night but forgot. I'll get my computer out tonight and post.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:42 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hey Lizz your post looks great!

@Steggy, you're up if that's cool. Let me know if you need help. I'm currently working on Jake's post, so I can either post before or after you.

I've realized by placing us in January of 1942 we're days from this. When it happened, it was all over the news, front page, displacing even news about World War II. As the article states, Lombard was Clark Gable's wife but an actress in her own right and a beloved one at that.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-hist ... lane-crash

More about Carole:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carole_Lo ... and_legacy
http://www.legacy.com/news/celebrity-de ... all-comedy

Maybe the news will hit during your post while we're overseas, @TheBlueCat? I'm alluding to it right now in Jake's post.

As far as us - we were probably acquaintances with her or at least met her once or twice, so attending the funeral and the general sense of mourning could throw somewhat of a dent in things, as far as Jake is concerned.

I'm toying with, for the next round of posts, creating a challenge for you guys involving interactions with real celebrities.

-- Walt Disney

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:52 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'll work on a post this week and if you like, you can post before me.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:31 am
Elinor says...

Hey @Lumi, I'm sorry to be a bother but Jake's post is done, but I want you to approve it before I post as it's Gabe heavy and I had a couple of questions for you. I PMed you the link to the WFP.

If you're swamped with other things it's not a big deal, just get to it when you can, but keep me posted as to when you think you'll be able to read it.

-- Walt Disney

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

I like the post. It'll be interesting to see Gabe and Jake's wit match. It seems like slander to me.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:10 am
Elinor says...

Posted!

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:46 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hey guys, now that we're mostly settled, I thought I'd challenge y'all. :)

This will kick in beginning with round 3, so *after* Steggy and Blue have posted. Let me know if you guys have questions.

Storybook Badges & Challenges

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:56 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hey folks!

I discussed this with @Lumi earlier but just so everyone's on the same page, @Steggy is jumping ahead to the shooting of The Beverly while Ann and Evelyn are overseas. I explained to Steggy that I was picturing the tone to be somewhat like a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movie (without the dancing).

Either before or after you post, Steggy, what I may do is post for Andrew in order to bridge the gap, since with recent in-story developments I was going to post for him anyways. It depends how quickly I can get it done. I want to clarify a few things before I do @LadyLizz so I'll just catch you on discord or something. Then, @TheBlueCat, I will help you with your post over the weekend.

I've been thinking and I think it would be really helpful for us to all get together and chat - either on Discord or WFP try to plot out some of the next few rounds. I have a vague idea of how I would like this to end, but I want to ensure we get there. The only tricky thing will be plotting without spilling our secrets, but I think we can do it.

Does the weekend, in general, work for everyone? While I'm on Pacific I believe you guys are all on Eastern, so we'll just have to coordinate that. Let me know -- I want to set everyone up for success as I'd like to do fun things going forward like more challenges and stuff along those lines.

I really like where this all is going. As always, holler with questions and do let me know regarding days and times that would work best for you guys.

-- Walt Disney

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:22 pm
Steggy says...

I'm hoping to post my post by this weekend; this week has been super busy so I haven't had the time to actually work on it. Also, I'm in Central time but that works for me!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:57 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Everyone -> this weekend doesn’t work for me but I could do next Saturday or Sunday.

Picking this day and time super arbitrarily so we can adjust as need be, but how does next Sunday, 2/3 work for everyone. We can do 11am PST/1pm CST/2pm EST.

Does that work?

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:14 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

@Lumi @Steggy @LadyLizz @TheBlueCat can you please all confirm or we can figure out another time? It doesn't have to be next Sunday, I just threw it out there.

-- Walt Disney

Facebook is that cockroach that you just can't kill
— Gravity