Young Writers Society

Transcendent [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:35 am
Mageheart says...

What Ghosts Are Really Like

It is theorized that ghosts are manifestations of someone's soul. If they have strong regrets when they die, their soul will leave the body and take on a form that only some living humans can see. There are some ghosts that were created despite having no regrets, but they are far and few in between. Regrets can either be viewed as positive, negative or personal. Positive ones involve wanting to help others. Negative ones involve wanting to harm others. Personal ones are ones that only affect the ghost in question.

Ghosts look like the person did when they died. If they had a wound that killed them, the wound remains when they take on a ghostly form. Despite their portrayal in stories, the only objects that they can go through are living ones – like a person. They can't walk through things like walls. They also can't float.

Ghosts are dealt with when causing trouble by talking with them or trapping them if worse comes to worse. Any method used in exorcisms is highly frowned upon in the organization; when successful, an exorcism will destroy the soul of a ghost and therefore the actual ghost. The person that they were will cease to exist.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 am
Mageheart says...

Character Templates

The templates are listed in the spoiler. Please delete anything in the parentheses! That information is there to help you create your character. Your character can either be a ghost or a ghost hunter. You can only have one character at the moment, but that might change in the future depending on how many people are interested in the storybook.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Ghost or Living:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (If they're a ghost, list both their actual age and how old they appear to be.)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Nonbinary and transgender characters are cool with me! Just remember to include what pronouns they prefer.)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (If they're a ghost that died from something that would be visible, please include their external injuries.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Please include their flaws.)
[b]Up for Romance:[/b] (If they are, please include what their sexuality is.)
[b]Backstory:[/b] (Ghosts would most likely have more tragic ones, but it's up to you!)
[b]Other:[/b]
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 am
Mageheart says...

List of Helpful Links

Ghost Hunting 101
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:41 am
Mageheart says...

Hello! Please introduce yourself here.

Hello, fellow storybookers! I'm Sae. I'll be one of the four ghostly friends in the storybook. This storybook is going to have some serious moments, but it's mainly a story of an unlikely friendship between the living and the dead. I hope you decide to join in on the fun!
mage

queer and here.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:01 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

You've combined two of my favorite things into one storybook: ghosts and ghost hunting. So, in any case, I'd love to be a ghost hunter!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:05 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Cool! I'll put you down for it.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Steggy, do you have any ideas for your character yet? I'm still trying to decide on what I want my ghost to be like. I'm torn between having them be one of the main contributors to scaring or just someone who tags along because their friends are doing it.
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:26 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Hello! Can I be a demon/ghost? Otherwise, can I be a ghost hunter?

GHOSTBUSTERS
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 pm
Mageheart says...

Since there's no demons in this storybook - just some pretty chill ghosts - I'll put you down for one of the ghosts!
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:47 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

okay :D

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:50 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'm thinking of creating a girl who is chasing her father's dreams of coming into contact with the paranormal! She joined her father on these adventures into the haunted regions of the US but each time, they would come back with no evidence. She would also like to make friends with a ghost or something and get it on camera.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That sounds really cool! I already love her. I'm thinking my ghost might be the one to suggest that they scare people, even though they weren't the type to do things like that when they were alive. They're probably going to be a girl, but I'm not sure yet. I also need to come up with some sort of tragic death.

@DemonGoddess, what were you thinking for your character?
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:02 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

she got shot in a riot really violently. she is extremely depressed and appears as a black apparition most of the time. let's see if images work in the profile... if not:

Spoiler! :

364 Reviews

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:06 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

oh look, I got it in on time O.o

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I really like Veronica already! There's just two things I need to address about her and ghosts in general in this storybook. I included one of the things in the first DT post, but I realize that I should have been clearer.

Ghosts look like the person did when they died. If they had a wound that killed them, the wound remains when they take on a ghostly form. Despite their portrayal in stories, the only objects that they can go through are living ones – like a person. They can't walk through things like walls. They also can't float.

A ghost can't appear as something like a black apparition in this universe, though that would certainly be cool!

Just think of it like this: let's say you stab me and I die. I'd basically look like the same person, save for the stab wound in my chest. You also wouldn't be able to see me, unless you already had that ability. You could, however, see me move an inanimate object. Like I could pick up whatever device you use to hop on YWS.

The second thing I wanted to bring up is ghosts and places. Ghosts can move all over the world! They aren't tied to a specific place, though some might prefer to stick around the place that died. Your character doesn't need to have died in the penitentiary, but then definitely could have!

Going back to that example of my tragic death, I wouldn't be stuck in the place I was murdered. I could go chill in the local library or go spend a day at the beach if I felt like it. Or I could just hang out around the place I was killed!

Basically, ghosts exist as normal people. It's just that the majority of the population can't see them.

I hope that makes sense!

(If it doesn't, I can link you to another ghostly character of mine from another ghost-related storybook I've run.)
mage

queer and here.

Always do what you are afraid to do.
— E. Lockhart, We Were Liars