Young Writers Society

Shattered Moons DT

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:06 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Also, the updated posting order is up in Discord. I'll probably implement it into the next challenge as well :D

And, everyone, it's official! @TinkerTwaggy will be the new writer for Bleu :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:18 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Alrighty, we have a new challenge, and the posting order is outlined there, along with a bit of summary/inspiration for those posts.

@Sheyren @AllisontheWriter Shey, you're up next. I know you said you had school, but I think that's finished, right? When are you two free to have a write-in for the post? :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:06 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

This may take a while for me. :p Shey, shoot me a PM when you're ready for input on Midori. I'll do my best to catch up as well in the meantime.

176 Reviews

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:03 am
View Likes
Omni says...

HAPPY STORYBOOK MONTH EVERYONE

@Sheyren how goes the reading? Can I expect a post soon? Also @AllisontheWriter @wakarimasen same for you

@AstralHunter do you wanna collab on that Reese post? I'm missing my team ARTC xD

@FigrothFelanor what do you think about collabing on Rio's next post soon? I know shey's up next but I don't think a Rio post would clash with an Amaranth post right now

sass levels loading

[he/him]

176 Reviews

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:51 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Working on it, almost caught up, and from there I'll bang out a post.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:00 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Sheyren how goes the post? I know you and Hunter has a little plotting session regarding it, which is awesome btw, but do you have a general idea regarding it?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

176 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:44 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Sorry sorry, I have half of it written, and I'm waiting for a chance when Hunter and I are both around to write a dialogue between out characters.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:04 am
BrumalHunter says...

Hmm, at this point, @Sheyren, just tell me when you're available and I'll try to be there. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

176 Reviews

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This challenge has expired, but I suspect it won't be the last one this storybook gets from the legendary challenge master @Omnom. :)

Edit: It met the monthly limit, but I've just checked the completion time and I see it has a limit on posts instead of a time limit - do you want to put it back up, @Omnom, or are you happy leaving it here?

Challenged Hunstmen

@FigrothFelanor @AstralHunter @Lael @Sheyren @ScarlettFire @Kirkiln @AllisontheWriter @TinkerTwaggy

Welcome to Classes, Huntsmen

Dear First Years, congratulations on finishing initiation with minimal casualties. School will be starting soon, and it includes a rigorous and intense schedule. Classes are listed down below:

1st year courses
  • Introduction to Auras
  • History of Grimm
  • General History Lecture
  • Weapon Practicum I
  • Battle History
  • Advanced Offensive Strategies I
  • Advanced Defensive Strategies I
  • Fundamentals of Team Strategy

Due to your impressive display on the initiation battlefield, there will also be special opportunities for off-site missions, usually only reserved for second year or higher students.

Each class is worth one point for everyone involved.

1. Amaranth: Amaranth has been haunted by her family for years, but now she feels like she's seeing them everywhere. She hopes her teammates can't hear her whimpers in her sleep. Plus, someone from her childhood comes to visit, but she's not sure if she can call them friend or foe. Midori and Amaranth are partnered up for the class assignment.
  2. Reese: Reese has just accepted this dangerous job from that mysterious woman. He must look into these loose strands that he was given as he begins what is arguably the most difficult job he's had: Break into Atlas. Reese passes Claret as he meets with Mauve. They hit it off, and Reese says he's a new recruit but had disciplinary action, so they ordered him to take care of Mauve. They hit it off fairly well.
  3. Rioghail: Diamond reveals that she has a wound from initiation, and suddenly the pair finds their situations reversed from earlier. How does Rioghail deal with this?
  4. Night: Night and Valerian finally ending up sitting down together to work on the assignment... the night before it's due. This frustrates Valerian, but he keeps his cool. How does Valerian keep Night in the team, and does Night even want to stay?
  5. Claret: Claret is saved by Azure, and Azure’s actual plans are revealed. How does Claret react to this?
  6. Midori: New class, this time it's weapon practicum. Midori doesn't have a weapon. Amaranth picks her up metaphorically and says "hey even though you don't have a weapon anymore, we can still train." The post ends with Professor Ozpin coming to ask Midori some questions.
  7. Valerian: Interactions between all of team VRDN and their fighting tactics. This is the first time the entire team is together and Valerian has trouble getting Night to commit. What he doesn’t expect, though, is that Diamond backs Night up.
  8. Topaz: Topaz has been much a mystery here, as she has been in her own life. However, one thing has remained consistent: She has strayed back to Menagerie for reasons unknown to her. She has been seeking answers, and the White Fang has approached her for a glimmer of hope: There is a miracle healer in Atlas that can cleanse people of their unwanted Semblences. That is her next move.
  9. Bleu: Bleu meets a member of a new team, and confides in Midori that he’s been feeling something new.
  10. Rhyence: They are in a new class, Introduction to Auras. Rhyence skips the class, though, to go research about Menagerie.
  11. Reese: Reese has managed to infiltrate the Atlesian military, and uses their archives to learn more about the mysterious woman who hired him. Mauve starts to get suspicious.
  12. Diamond: Diamond is practicing with Valerian. She's not a fan with this, as she hasn't confronted him about her problems with him. Then, all of a sudden, she backs into Rio and their auras ignite by touch. The class is hushed by this. Even the professor is shocked. Frustrated, Diamond leaves the classroom.
~ * ~ * ~

Completion Time: One post per the posting order.
Credits Awarded: Each Class awards 1 Point for every character involved; 1 Point per post involving individual challenges.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:08 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Sheyren, while checking the class in the expired challenge above, I realised we'd already had history, as described in @FigrothFelanor's last post. That means study period was the third period of the day, so "nine-thirty" should technically be "ten-thirty", assuming classes are fifty minutes long and the students are given ten minutes grace before the next one starts. Depending on how @Omnom feels, that means it could be lunch for an hour (from eleven to twelve) followed by three more periods, and they're done for the day. In that case, Valerian would also need to say that he'd see Amaranth at lunch first. Do you mind editing your post to fix these inconsistencies? I apologise for not catching my mistake sooner.

Having said that, thanks for letting me collaborate with you on your post! It was fun, and I'm overjoyed to see you posting for this wonderful storybook again. ^_^
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

176 Reviews

Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:03 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

@astralhunter It's been fixed. And thanks for working with me, it was a pleasure.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:28 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Magestorrow thanks for posting the Challenge! I'll repost it soon, as it's an ongoing challenge for now :D

@Sheyren I loved the post! It's interesting to see how the two leaders interact, since this was really the first time they did so since they became the leaders. I wonder how they'll interact further with each other.

That means that @AstralHunter is up with Reese and @FigrothFelanor is up with Rioghail. If either of you want to set up a time to plot, plan, and write together, lemme know! I'll see when I can myself :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Plus, we offer technical support for your convenience.
— nasstands (likely a spambot, but a polite one, eh?)