z

Young Writers Society

Shattered Moons DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:59 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Hunstmen

@FigrothFelanor @AstralHunter @Lael @Sheyren @ScarlettFire @Omnom @AllisontheWriter

Welcome to Classes, Huntsmen

Dear First Years, congratulations on finishing initiation with minimal casualties. School will be starting soon, and it includes a rigorous and intense schedule. Classes are listed down below:

1st year courses
    -Introduction to Auras
    -History of Grimm
    -General History Lecture
    -Weapon Practicum I
    -Battle History
    -Advanced Offensive Strategies I
    -Advanced Defensive Strategies I
    -Fundamentals of Team Strategy

Due to your impressive display on the initiation battlefield, there will also be special opportunities for off-site missions, usually only reserved for second year or higher students.

Each class is worth one point for everyone involved.

However, some struggles are not the Grimm kind. These struggles are inside.

Valerian: Valerian must deal with the struggles of being a team leader for people who might not necessarily see things his way or how he deals with problems. He also finds out something about Amaranth; how does he go about talking to his fellow team leader?

Rioghail: Rioghail is still recovering from her wounds, which may inhibit her from doing things. She also has to deal with a dark cloud of a partner in Night, and is there something flourishing between her and Diamond?

Diamond: Diamond's getting calls from her family in Atlas. She is also starting to have power struggles with Valerian; she doesn't agree with him at times. How is she going to deal with the turmoil with her friends and family when she can't even deal with herself?

Night: Night never agreed with the whole "team" idea, but now he's having classes with his team, eating with them, sleeping in the same room as them. How does he keep himself distanced while still learning all he can. He's been having nightmares...

Amaranth: Amaranth has been haunted by her family for years, but now she feels like she's seeing them everywhere. She hopes her teammates can't hear her whimpers in her sleep. Plus, someone from her childhood comes to visit, but she's not sure if she can call them friend or foe.

Midori: Midori's weapon is broken beyond repair, and while the school is being understanding, they are starting to ask questions that she doesn't want to answer. She's still trying to grasp what happened at the end of initiation, and desparately wanting Cloud to reappear in her life while dreading the implications of that.

Bleu: Bleu is struggling in classes that seems natural to his teammates. He doesn't want to ask his friends for help, and sometimes he thinks that they don't even like him. All the while, he has to deal with his first crush.

Rhyence: Rhyence has received news that trouble is brewing in Menagerie. He struggles with the inability to contact his family while some terrible rumors surface about him.

The Storm Stirs

Questions must be answered while the story of ARTC's past is wrapped up.

Reese: Reese has just accepted this dangerous job from that mysterious woman. He must look into these loose strands that he was given as he begins what is arguably the most difficult job he's had: Break into Atlas.

Topaz: Topaz has been much a mystery here, as she has been in her own life. However, one thing has remained consistent: She has strayed back to Menagerie for reasons unknown to her. She has been seeking answers, and the White Fang has approached her for a glimmer of hope: There is a miracle healer in Atlas that can cleanse people of their unwanted Semblences. That is her next move.

Claret: Claret has just accepted a ride from a complete stranger to her former captor. She must trust nothing while she gets her bearings of the situation she unwittingly thrusted herself into at her most vulnerable situation. Her life is on the line.

~ * ~ * ~

Completion Time: Three posts per person
Credits Awarded: Each Class awards 1 Point for every character involved; 1 Point per post involving individual challenges.

The challenge has expired! @Omnom, since you said you'd award the credits at the end of it all, do you want to award Figroth his four credits (one credit for each member of VRDN featuring), or shall I? Also, will Tortwag be included in the next challenge?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:05 pm
FigrothFelanor says...

AstralHunter wrote:

Challenged Hunstmen

@FigrothFelanor @AstralHunter @Lael @Sheyren @ScarlettFire @Omnom @AllisontheWriter

Dear First Years, congratulations on finishing initiation with minimal casualties. School will be starting soon, and it includes a rigorous and intense schedule. Classes are listed down below:

1st year courses
    -Introduction to Auras
    -History of Grimm
    -General History Lecture
    -Weapon Practicum I
    -Battle History

Due to your impressive display on the initiation battlefield, there will also be special opportunities for off-site missions, usually only reserved for second year or higher students.

Valerian: Valerian must deal with the struggles of being a team leader for people who might not necessarily see things his way or how he deals with problems. He also finds out something about Amaranth; how does he go about talking to his fellow team leader?

Rioghail: Rioghail is still recovering from her wounds, which may inhibit her from doing things. She also has to deal with a dark cloud of a partner in Night, and is there something flourishing between her and Diamond?

Diamond: Diamond's getting calls from her family in Atlas. She is also starting to have power struggles with Valerian; she doesn't agree with him at times. How is she going to deal with the turmoil with her friends and family when she can't even deal with herself?

Night: Night never agreed with the whole "team" idea, but now he's having classes with his team, eating with them, sleeping in the same room as them. How does he keep himself distanced while still learning all he can. He's been having nightmares...

Amaranth: Amaranth has been haunted by her family for years, but now she feels like she's seeing them everywhere. She hopes her teammates can't hear her whimpers in her sleep. Plus, someone from her childhood comes to visit, but she's not sure if she can call them friend or foe.

Midori: Midori's weapon is broken beyond repair, and while the school is being understanding, they are starting to ask questions that she doesn't want to answer. She's still trying to grasp what happened at the end of initiation, and desparately wanting Cloud to reappear in her life while dreading the implications of that.

Bleu: Bleu is struggling in classes that seems natural to his teammates. He doesn't want to ask his friends for help, and sometimes he thinks that they don't even like him. All the while, he has to deal with his first crush.

Rhyence: Rhyence has received news that trouble is brewing in Menagerie. He struggles with the inability to contact his family while some terrible rumors surface about him.

The Storm Stirs

Reese: Reese has just accepted this dangerous job from that mysterious woman. He must look into these loose strands that he was given as he begins what is arguably the most difficult job he's had: Break into Atlas.

Topaz: Topaz has been much a mystery here, as she has been in her own life. However, one thing has remained consistent: She has strayed back to Menagerie for reasons unknown to her. She has been seeking answers, and the White Fang has approached her for a glimmer of hope: There is a miracle healer in Atlas that can cleanse people of their unwanted Semblences. That is her next move.

Claret: Claret has just accepted a ride from a complete stranger to her former captor. She must trust nothing while she gets her bearings of the situation she unwittingly thrusted herself into at her most vulnerable situation. Her life is on the line.

~ * ~ * ~

Credits Awarded: Each Class awards 1 Point for every character involved; 1 Point per post involving individual challenges.

The challenge has expired! @Omnom, since you said you'd award the credits at the end of it all, do you want to award Figroth his four credits (one credit for each member of VRDN featuring), or shall I? Also, will Tortwag be included in the next challenge?

Does Night even count for that one? =P
These words come to you as courtesy of the amazing, splendid, most wonderful Figroth Felanor, so instead of quickly reading over them, take a moment to feel blessed that he's considered you worthy of hearing his opinions and/or stories.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:02 am
View Likes
Omni says...

So, completely forgot about the Challenge. I guess I just didn't see the (multiple) notifications about it expiring xD

I will look back and see what I can do about the points haha

Anywayyyy after Hunter's finished with his post, who's next? I know we have a Claret post outline (@ScarlettFire), but I'd like to see something for AMBR in the near future (@Tortwag @Sheyren). And of course I'd love to see something from Reese xD

But, other than that, Happy Holidays everyone! We're reaching the one year anniversary of the SB actually starting, and I couldn't be happier with you all :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

293 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:23 am
BrumalHunter says...

I'll do my best to submit the post tomorrow!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:56 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

My Christmas present to this storybook and all of you is a post that was delightful to write and hopefully just as delightful to read! May everyone have a happy day with their family. ^_^
— Paul the Apostle

Reviews: 0
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:29 am
View Likes
FigrothFelanor says...

AstralHunter wrote:My Christmas present to this storybook and all of you is a post that was delightful to write and hopefully just as delightful to read! May everyone have a happy day with their family. ^_^

Yee! Christmass Post!
These words come to you as courtesy of the amazing, splendid, most wonderful Figroth Felanor, so instead of quickly reading over them, take a moment to feel blessed that he's considered you worthy of hearing his opinions and/or stories.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:52 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Okay, I awarded all of the points for the previous attempt at the challenge! I didn't go ahead and award a point for Night for any individual challenge because it wasn't his post, even if it did further his challenge. I might change that in the future, but for right now that's what I got xD

Anyway, after that (wonderful) post by Hunter, who wants to go next? We currently have an outline for Claret, but she's in ARTC. I would like to write for Diamond soon if no one else has time, but I'm gonna ping some folks (@Tortwag @ScarlettFire @Sheyren) :D

Have a happy New Year everyone! And thank you for a wonderful first year for Shattered Moons. I would love to see us get to 100 posts by this time next year ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

293 Reviews

Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:10 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Hunstmen

@FigrothFelanor @AstralHunter @Lael @Sheyren @ScarlettFire @Kirkiln @AllisontheWriter @TinkerTwaggy

1st year courses
    -Introduction to Auras
    -History of Grimm
    -General History Lecture
    -Weapon Practicum I
    -Battle History

The Storm Stirs

~ * ~ * ~

A horde of Apathy got to this one. I had to wait for them to leave before I could retrieve it and bring it here to lay it to rest.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:37 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

We finally have a new post, whoo! I enjoyed Bleu's cuteness, @Kirkiln, so I'm intrigued to see how @TinkerTwaggy writes for him once the baton is passed to him! Did you have anyone specific in mind for posting next? (I believe Scarlett has a post in the works, although I'm not sure @Sheyren is with us anymore.)
— Paul the Apostle

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:22 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

I would still like to participate in this, actually. Between school and mental health issues, I've not been able to devote time to anything around the site, so if I'm no longer welcome, I understand. But school is out next week, so I'm going to try and get back on YWS soon.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:06 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Sheyren you're definitely still welcome! Between now and when you get out of school, I'll start brainstorming ideas for Amaranth, since you're up next after Shey :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:21 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Glad to hear it. I'll get on catching up, since I'm behind a few posts.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:34 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

speaking of posts I still need some input for Bleu on my Rhys post since it’s nearly finished

Yay, glad to see you’re still with us, Shey!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

293 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:02 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Yaaay! I'm pretty sure you'd always be welcome, @Sheyren! I'm personally delighted to hear you're still willing to write for Amaranth; I haven't had many opportunities to write with you, but I did and do look forward to having the team leaders interact!
— Paul the Apostle

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey friends, so I completely forgot I actually have a preliminary outline of like, all posts leading up to the finale xD so here's my idea for your post @Sheyren (and @AllisontheWriter since Midori is teamed up with Amaranth)

Amaranth and Midori are partnered with the homework, but she sees her family everywhere. Perhaps we pick up the thread of someone from home showing up?

Since it's mentioned that Amaranth has come from a hard post, I really want to lean into that, as that would give her a unique identity from the rest (since she's the least developed right now) and provide a contrast to how Night deals with his past.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.
— Pablo Neruda