Young Writers Society

The Mighty Metro Monitors DT

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:27 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'll write a post tonight and post it tomorrow!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I was planning on posting tomorrow too, actually!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:19 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Posted for King Croc and Rachel! I've never written something that was so centered around comedy, so this SB should get me a bit out of my comfort zone! I already love it. I'm not sure about the reaction CC has to Croc making fun of his name, so @ajruby12 if you have any suggestions for changes, let me know!

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:33 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Nope, your post is great, @Europa! This storybook is intended to be fun and comical (quite literally), so have fun with it. :)

Thanks for posting. I changed the story plan for mission #1 in the WritersFeedPad so everyone can post, which you can check out here: https://ajruby12.writerfeedpad.com/1

Please look it over, and if you have any questions, do ask!
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

45 Reviews

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:12 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Hey, so I had an idea for an NPC within the team. She's the team's mission control and the one who designs the costumes for those who don't have one already. (AKA Rachel) In personality she's a little like Edna Mode from The Incredibles, but a little bit more dramatic. Would it be okay if I included her? I could write a character thing for her in the Writerfeed Pad.

109 Reviews

Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:34 am
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

@Europa, I think that would be fine... How about that person being their "boss man" (in this case woman). Basically their mission coordinator. You might make her a bit taller, so she's not unnaturally small, but still very short. Like up to Captain C's waist or something. However you want to measure it!

Also, you might want to bump that character up a little in the pad, maybe after the villain assignments. It's getting a little crazy in there. :)
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My first post is up! @soundofmind, please let me know if Duplo is out of character or not. I can change my post if he is.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:35 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@saential AAfsfhwegthe I love your post!! you nailed Duplo!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

109 Reviews

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:12 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Aww, @saentiel, the Actor is just so misunderstood! Poor guy. xD

Fantabulous post. All these characters are going to be a blast

45 Reviews

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:17 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@ajruby12 how about up to his knees? Also, Vee isn't exactly the leader type, but I just included an idea for the boss man in the pad if anyone wants to check it out and comment.

109 Reviews

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:51 am
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

@Europa, Hmm, ok. How about this:

We have Boss man and boss man's assistant, Vee. I like the character though! We'll go with it!

I'll write up a general template for the Boss man. (and I think I will call him the Boss Man, because that's just fun!)

45 Reviews

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:26 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@ajruby12 I like that idea. I would also like her to have a bit of a history with some of the other heroes. Like maybe she was the one who designed CC's current costume. She could come close to mentioning how awful his old one was at one point and he cuts her off out of embarrassment. Perhaps she could have been the one originally sent to tell each individual hero they'd been invited to join the MMMs so the others would at least know her face.

109 Reviews

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:16 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

@Europa, all of that sounds good! Great character ideas! :)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I have a question for everyone here! The Actor joined the Mighty Metro Monitors after one of their heroes thought he was a villain and tried to fight him. But I don't know who that other superhero was. Does anyone want to be that hero?
mage

queer and here.

109 Reviews

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:54 am
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Hmm, maybe @Steggy 's Crimson Trident? Or @soundofmind 's Duplo? Would either you guys want to be the attacking superhero for @saentiel?

(You could always just make up a hero, if you want)

Brain freezes are temporary, but milkshakes are forever.
— SilverNight