Young Writers Society

Defenders of the Dust City DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:09 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Saen Thought so XD

Thank you! Yes, pretty much. Those of us who are Lucid and Dreamfolk just don't wanna die 'cause one guy thinks it's better, and the others are eventually going to be brought up in the conflict. somehow.
And to be fair, that trope can actually work just fine with the suggestion I provided, so, I certainly don't mind!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:47 pm
View Likes
Terian805 says...

I'd imagine the way that the Lucids and the Dreamfolk could be got rid of would be through an order 66 style takeover of the Gifted by Mr Crow, when they are told to go hunt down the Lucids+the Dreamfolk. What I'm also aiming for is for Finn to go attack some big Impalpable base, (Perhaps Minerva Morogue?) and steal what is a list of all the Gifted in the world, which Mr Crow would use to control them....somehow? After this, the Impalpables would be running after Finn even more than they already are, and this maybe could lead him to Pango Lyn and Adrian. (Who might be going to get revenge on the Impalpables for messing up the Dreadmill?)

All the while Slayer could be setting up this rebellion against the Vapours, but maybe it could turn out that the Impalpables are actually allied with the Vapours? That could be cool.

What does everyone think?
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:01 pm
Mageheart says...

That sounds good to me!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:14 pm
deleted221222 says...

Here's a random idea I came up with to link everyone's bits together

We have Finn steal the list and get chased to the Dreadmill. He gets there while the Impalpables launch an attack on it. They use the Vapours and their Titans to assault it, since they're probably the only thing able to stop it. At the same time, we have Slayer and Stella infiltrate the Dreadmill with the idea of taking it over, and then they get wrapped up in the fight as well. Easy way to unite everyone's stories together.

31 Reviews

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:56 pm
Terian805 says...

Yeah i like the sound of that! @thundahguy!

40 Reviews

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:49 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

"an order 66 style takeover"

@Terian805 THAT SOUNDS TERRIFYING TO ME!
That being said, hmm, these events need a precise succession to properly happen, m'dear, but it sounds cool. Let's see...

•That is just asking for a resistance to be formed. Heheheh. Good, good.

•We'd need Contract-based magic to make Mr.Crow being able to control the Gifted just with their names. So, we'd prolly need a Lawful Neutral being that keeps the list for itself.

•Hmm... But that sounds like way too many happenings before we all meet. *grin* GOOD. Few SBs dare to do that, so, let's try and do it. In the meantime, I'll just need things to happen to Pango Lyn in the meantime, and I happen to have ideas for that, so, I can stall! And well, we're already organized in little groups, so, the full meeting should be so much more interesting if delayed :3 It's cool, too, since we're technically still in the same place.

•@Thundahguy Question, m'dear. Why would Slayer and Stella want to take over the Dreadmill? Stella especially, really (as I guess Slayer would want it for the revolution or something), but since it's eventually going to get under attack by the literal definition of a titan, it sounds more appropriate for them to help it not get destroyed by said Titan, since uh, there won't be anything left to take over if it's, well, destroyed. It also gives them more chances of survival if they don't make themselves enemies of everyone involved in that kind of brawl.

That being said, I do like the suggestion, as it allows us to meet up faster. What do you have in store for your character, m'dear? I mean, aside his wish to take down the Vapours. 'Cause I mean, he can't really set up a rebellion if he just slaughters people or appears scary to most - Pango Lyn has the same problem, really.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm aiming to get a post up for this in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully that plan will turn out as intended! I'll have Adrian talk with Ella about her being the Avatar of Rebirth, and maybe just small talk too - I'm definitely rusty when it comes to writing his character.
mage

queer and here.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:58 am
View Likes
WanderingCloud says...

I apologize for being so inactive this past months. The academic adventure has begun (engineering, yay).

So, now Pre-finals is coming.

And I think I'm already left behind. I am planning to end my character (I know it won't affect the story because I only posted once). So I'm open to suggestions on how to do just that. I'll use my character to do something for your character (to move up the plot) or you can use him as you like. Just @ me

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:33 pm
Mageheart says...

I apologize for not getting a post up for this yet. I'll hopefully be able to get one up this upcoming weekend, but please feel free to post before me if you have a burst of inspiration and free time!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Mageheart says...

I was about to write a post for this, but, in light of the discussions that came after my original thoughts for a post, should I still go ahead with the plan I originally had for it, @Terian805?
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@WanderingCloud I think there's something I can have your character do for mine, m'dear! I'll try my best to use Mr.Frank whenever it's possible.

@Saen It's fine, m'dear! Life gets in the way as usual. Hopefully your post is ready by the end of this weekend!

@Thundahguy You still available, m'dear? Just making sure, since you've mentioned school (or was it college) having started for ya. Having been through most of it, I know how much of a pain it is when exams are in, so just taking news, really.

31 Reviews

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:01 pm
View Likes
Terian805 says...

@Saen, yeah go ahead with what you were originally going to do, that's fine.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:00 am
WanderingCloud says...

@Tortwag Go ahead. Do as you please.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:59 am
Mageheart says...

I'll (hopefully) get my post up for this tomorrow!!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:37 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My post is finally up! I apologize for taking so long to write it. I admit a lack of motivation was definitely part of the reason for it, but I'm finally getting back into writing for Adrian, and my next post hopefully won't take as long to write.

If there's anything I need to change about the post, please let me know!
mage

queer and here.

All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
— Jane Wagner