z

Young Writers Society

Defenders of the Dust City DT

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:00 am
Terian805 says...

Hi @AmadeusW i'm so sorry for dissappearing; i've been away, but your character looks absolutely fine. So just to clarify, on the far right of the storybook you can't see a 'create new character' button?
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:09 am
Samhain says...

That is true.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:50 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AmadeusW Should be right here, though! If you still can't see it in the main SB page I linked you to, then I suppose you should contact the mods. But it's definitely there as long as you have an account on this site, which you do since, y'know, you're communicating just fine.

Do send a screenshot or something of what you see when you're on the page, then maybe we can help better! Shouldn't be hard to find, unless it's a bug.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

103 Reviews

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:38 pm
Samhain says...

Still not showing up... there was no link that you sent me, only a jpeg picture. But here is a screenshot of what I can see.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 8.37.27 AM.png
Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 8.37.27 AM.png (20.73 KiB) Viewed 292 times
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

31 Reviews

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:11 pm
Terian805 says...

OK well it doesn't really matter too much, we all know what your character is. I'll go and create your character for you from the info you gave us, and though it will come up as my name beside it, we can all just keep in mind that its your character!

Also @AmadeusW, one thing we do with all the characters in this SB, is that each one has a certain 'dream,' which they have regularly. Through this dream they are able to get to the Dust City in some fashion. For example, my character Finn falls into a misty abyss and lands in the Dust City. And @Saen's character walks through a wooden door. If you have any ideas for what dream your character could have, then you can PM me with the details, but no rush at all! Just have a think about that.
Last edited by Terian805 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

103 Reviews

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:15 pm
Samhain says...

Thanks!
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:59 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Actually @Terian805, as the DM of this SB, you can change the owners of characters. So you should actually be able to put @AmadeusW as the owner if you go in and edit it.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

31 Reviews

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:32 pm
Terian805 says...

Ohhhh OK great!

103 Reviews

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:22 am
Samhain says...

I might not get to writing anything for the storybook for a while since I'm gonna be pretty busy with my own project as it reaches the final stretch. But Maverick Jensen will have his story written at some point in the near future, I assure you all! 8)
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:54 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AmadeusW That might be a problem, actually! Though none of us expect any kind of nazi-style commitment or anything, you should definitely consider writing at least one post to properly setup your character and his current situation, since our slow advance will eventually mean either using him without you, or not using him at all.
Both options are doable, but eh, it would be kind of a shame not to use a character you just introduced. You don't have to write his full story or anything, but if you have any introduction of his abilities, personality and/or goal in mind right now, now would be the best time to use it.

That being said: good luck with your project!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

103 Reviews

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 pm
Samhain says...

Okay! Thanks! I'll get something posted soon. I'll maybe post a scene to just introduce the character. Maybe I'll have time to show how he turns from Gifted to Impalpable, given that I plan to use Mr. Crow as a character.

Speaking of Mr. Crow, can Mr. Crow have a first name? I was thinking Solomon would sound good. Solomon Crow.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Ya welcome! Enjoy yourself on that post of yours, then.
...Oh, yeah, I didn't ask: have you read any of our posts as a reference, just to be sure? We could offer a summary for you, but reading through a few of those would definitely be good reference material, length/content/pattern-wise. chuckle You definitely don't have to write anything as long as my usual quota, though, but eh, it's the content that counts, really XD

Oh, hey, that could be a fun detail, actually! Hopefully, @Terian805's down for it.

103 Reviews

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:44 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

Go check out the debut story of my character, Maverick Jensen. I'll post more installments later.
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

31 Reviews

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:45 pm
View Likes
Terian805 says...

Solomon Crow sounds cool @AmadeusW and I loved your post! You really fleshed out the Dust City in ways that most of us haven't managed to, which I liked!

103 Reviews

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:53 pm
View Likes
Samhain says...

Thanks!
2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Albus Dumbledore