Young Writers Society

Defenders of the Dust City DT

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:55 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Is anyone going next?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 am
View Likes
Terian805 says...

I really don't mind. If you have something @Lael then by all means you can post.
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Ah, point taken. I merely assumed somebody had something planned, as it personally wasn't my case - I literally just need Pango Lyn to get back to his place and then chill there.

*thinks* Hmm, I guess I could have him meet a pursued Ella already? Pango Lyn's still in Dust City, so, @Terian805 you could either setup that event and then have me react to it, or I could include it in my post directly. Also @saentiel totally mentioned Adrian ending up there for some reason, so, we'd need to plan for that, too.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:49 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I don't have anything planned. Just asking.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

40 Reviews

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:11 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Eh, still a useful reminder.
In my case I know my character legit can't realistically move if he doesn't meet anyone else, sooo, back to plotting in this DT!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

31 Reviews

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:50 pm
View Likes
Terian805 says...

If you like you can bring Ella in in your next post. I don't think Finn will even know she's alive until well later on, so go ahead if you think you have some ideas! @Tortwag

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:32 pm
Mageheart says...

If @Lael isn't going to post next, I could always post! I don't have a specific plot in mind, though I may have Adrian run into Pango Lyn. (If you don't mind that, @Tortwag.) I'd be able to get a post up by the end of this upcoming weekend at the latest.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@saentiel Pango Lyn's still right there, and pretty darn hard to miss considering he's riding a giant sphynx statue, so, sure! You can totally make that happen. Then I can always figure out a way to get Ella into my side of things, so that all three of those characters can go to the Dreadmill, for Ella's sake.

So yeah, go for it! I'll post after you.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Cool! I'm aiming to get the post up on Friday. I honestly have no idea if I'll be able to, but I should be able to have it up by the time I mentioned in my last post.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Then best of luck with that, m'dear! Hopefully you can respect your deadline and laugh in its face for even suggesting you couldn't defeat it.

*fires Moral Support Beam, goshdarn it I need a gif for that*
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I should be getting the post up today after I study for my finals midterms. c:
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

May you guide these finals studying sessions towards the way of your memory like an obese homing pigeon.

:3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My post is up!
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:18 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Saw it, read it, enjoyed it!

MAN, Adrian is so darn cute - I'd ship 'em if Pango Lyn wasn't a dinosaur XD That being said, guess it's my turn next! Ideally, I'll be done by next weekend.

31 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 am
View Likes
Terian805 says...

I also enjoyed it! Looks like some interesting stuff is being set up for the future!

So @Tortwag I believe you're introducing Ella in your post? If you aren't then fine, but if you are just a couple of pointers.

Have you seen Stranger Things? If you have, then make her an Eleven type figure. She's been away from human interaction for so long, so she doesn't say a lot. She's in her early twenties, despite her smaller stature, and has blonde hair. Also, take note that she is basically a spirit/ghost of her former self, because her physical body died.

She also has some magical abilities because she is obviously the Avatar. I'll leave those up to you, just don't go too overboard with them. Make them strange and erratic.

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings