Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:28 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Aww Coffee!! <33333
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:26 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Before the day ends, just wanted to say happy new years to ya'll!! I'm so proud of all of us for sticking to it and getting so far in this storybook and I look forward to finishing it in this next year with ya'll!! I WUV EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUS!

440 Reviews

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:38 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Yayyy congrats on winning Best Storybook!! <33
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:28 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

AAAA congrats to ALL of us!!! We all been keepin this up for 2 years!! That’s an accomplishment for sure!!!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:59 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Okay guys so i been thinking about it and wondering if,,, after Brett's letter-to-his-brother post, what if - AND HEAR ME OUT - what if, instead of little "after-credits" scenes... we did like, a few of those "where are they now" type of blurbs. Like you know, the ones that usually show up in the credits of movies that are based on real stories? So it's like "Bobby went on to become a world-class physician and then died of pnemonia in 2020"

But like. No that uhhhh... THAT lol.

HERE'S MY IDEA TYPED UP:

Where are they now?

Brett got a job on his brother Matt’s boat and got to met his nephews and nieces. He now enjoys life as an uncle and a grateful shipmate under his brother’s leadership. Their relationship has been continually mended, and he’s happier than he’s ever been.

Ari was offered a place on Matt’s ship and enjoys the sea-faring life with Brett and his newfound family.

After spending some time with Matt and Ari, Kaia finally helped Adina track down the rumored safe haven for mages. We can’t tell you much else, but Adina is safe, happy, and learning magic, and Kaia has finally found a home among them all.

Rosaleen though, she went back to Ruddlan, where it all began, seeking revenge for the loss of her mother and father especially. She became friends with a griffin handler who had a similar chip on her shoulder, and they have been scheming...

And as for James, he continues to change names, identities, and whatever else he feels necessary to stay hidden. But there’s more to come.

Eventually.

Obviously we can tweak it for each of your characters!!! If you'd want me to change things!! But I wanted to put it to a vote: what do you guys want to do?

Do you wanna do this or little written up after-credits scenes that show snapshots of where they are afterward? I personally like the "where are they now" idea because I think it might give more of a feeling of closure but yeah!

WHAT'S YOUR VOTE?
AFTER-CREDITS SCENE OR "WHERE ARE THEY NOW" CREDITS?

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:10 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I like the where they are now idea.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:00 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Also random, but seeing that this SB was made in 2017 legiterally feels wack. 2017? That feels like forever ago.

I am amazed... at US? Like, guys, the fact that we've all even stuck it out this long... I'm proud of all of yous... I LOVe yous,,,, fwends

440 Reviews

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:05 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I'm good with either! Where they are now sounds great.

We wouldn't have made it without your dedication and leadership, sound! <33

wow my last three DT posts have just been hEARTS
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:51 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

HEARTS ARE A VALID RESPONSE AND I LOVE YOU

also Feather came out with a really great Ari post and I must say I am emo yet AGAIN... Ari is such... wow I just... love our big 7ft man ;-;

BUT THIS ALSO MEANS @fraey you're next up to write! Poor Adina is probably REALLY STRESSED,,, but I WANT HER TO HAVE HER SHINING MOMENT:

10. More fighting. They're putting up a fight but getting wounded left and right, and Adina saves either James or Ari's life w/the arrow trick (makin' the arrow go back in time and not give a fatal hit) but just after doing so gets taken b/c she had to pause and focus (letting down her guard) to do so. I imagine Ari especially would fight to break through and get to her but wouldn't be able to :( @fraey

And as always, if you want any help/collaboration just poke one of us!! :D

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:27 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Alright, sweet! that last post was really amazing you two! (@Featherstone and @soundofmind) And I'll probably be wanting some help from one of y'all when I get past the whole arrow trick thing (that I feel like we've been teasing for an entire year XD) and Adina gets captured. I shall try my best C:
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

440 Reviews

Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:50 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Okay then, more hearts :3

Lovely post, you two!! <33 So intense! The pace has been slow for a while so it's nice to have action again. I'm excited for Adina's shining moment!!
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:36 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

MY HEArT IS POUnDING AAAAAA @fraey,,, Adina :( BABY NO!!!!!!!!!! WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK It'D BE FOR THE BEST IF ThEY WERE gONE!!! NO!!! THEY ALL NEED EACH OTHER >:(

I'm working on my post like a madwoman and halfway done but ashdlfkjgdhlkj

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:34 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Okay so did I rush into writing my post a little out of sheer excitement, maybe

HOPEFULLY IT DOESN'T SHOW *sweats*

Here's me droppin' another @ like your local storybook master do with a @sherlockhson, it's your turn :) and THERE IS BY NO MEANS a rush... I am just crazy and wrote that all really fast!!!!! Because I have no self-control!!!

Uh, anyways... NEXT POST:
12. They finally track them down to a big camp. Adina's tied up and gagged, and it looks like they're setting up a noose on a high tree. They have to act fast. James gives quick, brief, hushed directions to them all before they swoop in to get her as stealthily as possible. Gotta think how they win this one w/them all wounded and all... but Adina is saved, and they escape, even if they're all hurting. @sherlockhson (with @fraey)

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:18 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

ohmygosh @soundofmind James sounded so sad too ;——;;;;;; and I myself hadn’t expected to write nearly 1k in 2 days, but I was excited for this SB XD
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.