z

Young Writers Society

The Outlands [DT]

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:36 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

So sorry, y'all. I hit midterm season a little while ago and it's been tough. I will try my best to post tomorrow!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:01 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

it’s totally ok!! <3 you can do it!!!!! SCHOOLIN AND THE WRITIN, i believe in u
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:27 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Replying too late, but I'm sorry to say that I don't have any songs for Kaia. It's a real shame.

Spoiler! :
EDIT: But after re-listening to this, I thought the song could fit the story.
phpBB [media]

*proceeds to try to find Kaia songs*

EDIT 2: This one, I think, characterizes Kaia's relationship with her parents, or her memory of them, what they wanted for her, etc. Aww, now my heart's cracking a little.
phpBB [media]
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:03 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Lael the second is gonna make me CRY THANKS??? actually thanks but now im sad
@Featherstone Aww it's such a nice song!! and it TOTALLY FEELS PERFECT FOR ARI AND HIS VIBE!! who needs words when the music says it all :,)

also i guess,,, i should share songs now uwu
I have a whole uhhh playlist for James
but this song is the one I always think of as like,,, HIS song (it sounds best w/headphones b/c the panning is amazing and i love it)

here is the song :)
Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:13 am
View Likes
sherlockhson says...

AYYY I do have another song for Rose besides that Imagine Dragons one! (Thank for posting that one!)

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

I feel like Rose would listen to Billie Eilish a lot too in a modern world xD

440 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:39 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I'm posting tonighttttt!!!!

I'm loving all the music! Kaia's songs are so pretty and James' song is coooool woahh :0 also I think Billie works really well for Rose!!

Brett is based off of a real person: my uncle Brett, who died in a car crash at a young age before I was born. I know he sang this song to my mom a lot because her nickname is "E.O." and they sing "eee-oh eee-oh..." at the end. Whenever it comes on the radio, my mom and I know that he's watching over us!

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

Other things about the real Brett: he was also a huge prankster, as my mom has told me! Even after his death. We traveled up to see his grave a few years ago. His gravestone is flat on the ground, not upright, and it was completely blemish-free, yet right as we were standing there next to it, bird poop fell from the sky and smacked onto the grave, completely covering where the date of his death was etched.
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:45 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Wolfical <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I love this so much. I love Brett the character, but I love hearing about the real Brett. This song just feels so right for him ashgfkjlh

Also OMg... bird poop... Amazing.

440 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:45 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I have so little left to write it isn't even funny. But my laptop's about to die and my own battery's about drained. Tomorrow, early afternoon, after my morning classes, it's a'comin. For realsies.

Aren't you guys excited for the fact that in just two posts, it's time for me to write again and once more take forever? xD
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:28 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

YOUR POSTS ARE ALWAYS WORTH THE WAIT THO??? And it’s really only been about a month since the last post! I’m not worried!!

I am excited for this arc to get finished so we can enter the final round tho... :))))) that will be so exciting!!

81 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:01 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Woo! You can do it Wolfie!!!
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

440 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:21 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Yes I can and I diiiid!! :3
and do not be afraid.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed May 01, 2019 12:04 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Your post is so good @Wolfical !!
Their James. In a hat. Then he saw Adina too.

“My gosh,” Rose said, noticing them at the same time. “He really is a cowboy.”

xD yes I'm glad the cowboy hat made its reappearance haha. Matt seems like a really neat dude! I'm curious what else can happen with Matt and Brett now that the twins are back together.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 7:14 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Wolfical!!!! OMG YOUR POST was so good and it made my heart soft... wow Brett and Matt feelings.... :,) I cry!!! Matt is so sweet... and lol I loved his impressions of everyone in the group.

Also I love that Matt has a cat too and that Ari gave Matt a fish for him?? That was adorable and VERY MUcH AND ARI THING TO DO,,, precious babies

Also the subtle comedy of the cat eating while Brett apologized for rigging the skiff was not lost on me. I very much enjoyed that little detail LOL

Spoiler! :
Also since I'm a sucker for anything involving my own characters this:
“There’s one more,” Brett prompted.

Matt nodded. “Yeah, the cowboy. He was polite and all, but I get the feeling that he doesn’t trust me, and I guess I don’t blame him. Kaia’s hard to read, but that guy’s impassable as rock. Him I can see in the Outlands. It seems like he’s been through a lot. Regardless, he's experienced and probably makes a good leader.”

Just made me happy ,,, ,because it just ,, ,, is very good assessment MAtt,, bless this sailor man

I'm so happy.

That leaves the next post for uh!! *checks smudged writing on hand* @sherlockhson with the help of @Lael writing as Kaia!

The desc for the post is here for help/easy access:
10. The rest of the group settles at their camp and sleeps. Rose still feels awkward and ashamed and like she doesn't belong in the group after what she did. The night before they travel out of town, Rose takes first watch again and can't sleep. Kaia is up and they talk. Some kind of heart-to-heart by the waves, relating maybe about their similar pasts and how they were orphaned by bad leaders. @sherlockhson and @Lael

If you guys need any help or have any questions, as always, feel free to poke me B)

440 Reviews

Wed May 01, 2019 8:08 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Thank you guyssss! <33
and do not be afraid.

81 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2019 12:52 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I'm afraid that it's not a great time for me to be working on a post, but if you want to go ahead and start, @sherlockhson, don't let me hold you back! I will definitely be available in a few weeks after I'm done with my exams.

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla