The Outlands [DT]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:18 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

SaME!!!!!!!!!! gosh i am so excited

I updated the pad! (same link as above) I put the next two post descrips/notes in there for ya'll collabers to use and work in there if you want!

That makes uhhh @sherlockhson,, next! and @wolfical to collab w/him. I put it as optional but ngl,,, I think it will probs be more enjoyable for you both to write it together. If I'm imagining things correctly <_< >_>

Feel free to plan out collabing times and whatever in here, u know. The usual!! Can't wait to see Rose stir the pot w/DRAMAAAAAAAAA

Rose has an idea to mess with Brett and James and Kaia all at once and it's brilliant. As an informant shes knows how much havoc misinformation can wreak so, with her most serious face and tone, she goes to "confide" in Brett and tells him, deadpan: "James has fallen for Kaia." Brett, remarkably, takes it and can see it? Maybe after a bit of convincing. @sherlockhson (and @wolfical if you want!)
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:29 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I DREW THE AWKWARD HUG OKAY THATS IT IM DONE
FAB4B080-A5AF-42CB-9987-8989560B1C7B.jpeg

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:11 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Also @wolfical I re-recorded that little Western Isle ballad I made for your post if you wanna re-link it (b/c the previous vocaroo link is broken) here's a link!

https://soundcloud.com/soundofmindd/deep-sea-darling

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

That drawing is hilarious. xD
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Aahaha I love the sketch! xD And thank you sound!! The new recording is so prettyyy!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:41 am
View Likes
sherlockhson says...

The new posts have been so good I'm glad I finally got a chance to catch up on them!! Everyone who wrote rose has been GREAT! :>

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:46 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

WFP has been buggy lately, and for the sake of posterity and as if-wfp-doesn't-work-when-I-need-it-to insurance, I'm just copying necessary info from the SB pad here. So no need to read the enspoilered unless you need it for your next post I guess!

Spoiler! :

FINAL ROUND

> the mage hunters are tracking/following them pretty much this whole time so keep that in mind! they're trying to lose 'em but they're persistent

9. It's raining (still) and they're taking shelter in a small cave. The mage hunters who've been tracking them finally catch up to them and ambush them. They're outnumbered 6 to 20. Adina is the main target, so they go for her first. Ari's closest to her, acts fast, and jumps to shield her. Battle ensues. @Featherstone

10. More fighting. They're all getting wounded left and right, and Adina saves one of the 5's lives w/the arrow trick but just after doing so gets taken b/c she had to pause and focus (letting down her guard) to do so. @fraey

11. All of 'em are wounded and messed up. The group struggles to recover in the wake of the chaos. Kaia helps look after the big wounds, and once bleeding is under control they hurry to track the mage hunters down and save Adina. They know they can't wait. If they wait, Adina could be dead before they get to her. James leads them out. @soundofmind

12. They finally track them down to a big camp. Adina's tied up and gagged, and it looks like they're setting up a noose on a high tree. They have to act fast. James gives quick, brief, hushed directions to them all before they swoop in to get her as stealthily as possible. Gotta think how they win this one w/them all wounded and all... but Adina is saved, and they escape, even if they're all hurting. @sherlockhson (with @fraey?)

13. Recovery. They're still keeping watch as they all calm down and patch each other up and try to get some rest. Everyone's checking in on each other, Kaia's doing a lot of the doctoring. @Lael

14. This post will be a little different. This post will be Brett, but it'll be a letter [og rough below] written from Brett to his brother Matt, explaining how the group broke up and how he’s coming back to see him w/Ari and Adina (Matt can help clear Ari's name and they can help find a safe space for Adina/mages - the one she heard about earlier). Kaia is coming to, to help ensure Adina's safety when Adina inevitably has to split off from Matt and Brett. I imagine though that Adina's mage-ness would be only vaguely alluded to in the letter just for her safety, in case the letter were intercepted. Jame goes off on his own, leaves during Brett's watch the day before they head out to find Matt again (I feel like they'd be waiting on him to decide what he wants to do, and he just goes). Rose would disappear after Brett's watch. He wouldn't know where she went. @wolfical

My beloved brother Matt,

[something about looking forward to seeing him and missing home. ari will be coming but there will be some delay - they want to help adina find other people like her (wouldnt say mage probs, in case letter is intercepted?) and then will make it to matt w/haste]

[more brett thoughts]

james left how we all would’ve expected him to. quietly, and in the night. he left on my watch. i don’t know why he chose to leave during my watch -maybe he thought i’d protest the least, and that i wouldnt try to stop him. maybe he was hoping i’d let him disappear like a ghost in the night. Or maybe he was hoping i’d be understanding. i think deep down he was always afraid to stick around, but this time he seemed afraid to say goodbye. i keep thinking i shouldnt have let him, but i have a feeling nothing i couldve said would have stopped him. his road is a painful and lonely one, and i do not envy him for it.
    that paragraph is written so heckin nicely -wolfie

-Brett

EPILOGUE
If ya'll are feeling it! I'd totally be down for you guys posting little "a few months later" posts of where your characters are at after our guys split up, and there would be no rush to write them. I know I would especially love to see a little snippit of how the Brett/Matt/Ari/Adina thing plays out. Mostly cuz i feel like that would be pure and happy and I don't want to think about,, james and rose and kaia after b/c theirs will probably sadder or darker.

Would be a series of shorter posts, but I'm open to ya'll doing more than one if you feel it's necessary, or if you wanna do long ones... whatever!!

1. Rose returning to Ruddlan
    2. Brett, Ari, Kaia and Adina: meeting up w/Matt!
    3. James being an idiot: picture, james traveling alone... hair is down instead of the ponytail he wore w/the group, and he has a beard now. because his hair is the only thing that's important. maybe have him hearing something, freezes. listens. looks around. end on like, him slowly standing up next to Elliot - maybe this is when he gets jumped by rita's gang yeet

THE END... though the storybook ends, their stories go on... and live forever in our hearts :)

Very Important Info: "Stickers" are the Outlands' version of the snickers bar. Stickers are sold throughout the outlands as a legitimate business but its also a front for the drug trade. They're basically trail mix in the shape of a bar and they're stuck together with honey. So it's like: "Here are a stickers to help with the munchies after." And they make big bucks.

Splitting this up b/c I had this convo w/sherlochson and it's relevant but it'd feel messy to throw it into the rest of the things
Spoiler! :
OUTLANDS SB END

1. James is going to leave at some point in the night - during Brett's watch. I hate it, but that's what he'd do. He loves the group but doesn't feel like he belongs anywhere. He exists in a loneliness of his own making.

James gets up, is sneaking away to leave, makes some distance...suddenly he hears something and Rose reveals herself. And is like "yeah i didn't feel right staying either.... "
rose isn’t going w/the others b/c she doesn’t wanna face mage hunters again. she can’t deal. Stays w/james for a bit before splitting to Ruddlan

"Ruddlan used to be known for it's roses, and I'm the last one. Might as well go remind Barlowe I'm still here!"

2. Brett is going to go see his brother Matt. Ari will come with him b/c Matt is wealthy and has influence in the Wester Isles, where Ari is wanted (Matt could potentially pay his bail). Adina is coming with Kaia as well - the two of them plan on using some of Matt's rescources to see if they can find the mage safehouse/hideout that Adina hears whispers about in one post, so Adina can find a safe place to start a life and like, live. Kaia is invited by Adina b/c they might need someone w/fighting expertise to you know.... defend Adina since she ain't the most fighterly experienced

So I'm wondering where Rose would fall in the midst of that. The way I'm imaging these plans play out is somewhere after the final boss mage-hunter battle, they're talking more about long-term plans. Like, Adina can't keep living like this, and stuff. And Brett proposes actually taking his brother up on his offer to help them. And they start making plans. James would be really quiet, probably and Adina would ask Rose to come (heck, she'd ask all of them to come). James might give a sort of vague, non-commital answer before dipping out that night.
Last edited by soundofmind on Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:54 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

BCAED055-3F7B-429D-945E-D1920BDC1AF1.jpeg
BCAED055-3F7B-429D-945E-D1920BDC1AF1.jpeg (29.71 KiB) Viewed 338 times

super low quality pic b/c thats all i can download on here but I DREW ROSE

440 Reviews

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:32 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I loveeeeeee <33333
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:03 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

hhhHhHhHhhh IM,, THAT POST MADE ME LAUGH SO MUCH AND I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW MUCH MORE THE NEXT FEW WILL, along with giving me second-hand embarrassment because im sure its boutta get awkwarrrrd

@wolfical and @Lael lemme know when ya’ll stars align for the next collab and i will make it work (most likely) ajdjsjdjsh

im excited for the next post,, then again im always excited for the next post

81 Reviews

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:37 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

This weekend will probably be fine.

And I was smiling the whole post through. I’m not sure I’m ready for that embarrassment though. xD
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

440 Reviews

Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:47 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

My star is hidden below the horizon this whole weekend ;-; I should be okay for the next one though! And for most weekday nights.
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:19 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Aaa ok!! I’m free next weekend too - Saturday or Sunday evening could work (so Oct 5-6). That or for weekdays: Tuesday evening on Oct 1st or Thurs Oct 3rd in the evening!

Lemme know which of those work for you guys so we can see where things overlap!

81 Reviews

Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:05 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I think next weekend is the best bet for me!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Okay! Then let's plan on next Saturday - Oct 5th 7pm CST! Let me know if the time needs to be moved earlier or later for ya'll. But for now I'm gonna put this on my calendar :)

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye