Young Writers Society

Contracted [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:06 am
Mageheart says...

Background

The seven protagonists of this storybook live in the town of Proctorville and attend Proctorville High School (PHS). The town itself is situated in upstate New York, and is surrounded by fields and forests. While the school is a public school, the majority of students are Catholic.

Though they have a wide variety of interests, the protagonists have all been friends for years. The majority of them have known each other since they were in the local preschool, and the ones that are new to the friend group joined back during their freshman year. It's been their tradition for years to all go trick-or-treating together, but they feel like they've become too old in the eyes of the adults that give them candy. So, instead, the group of juniors decide to tackle the town's resident haunted house – the Manor. The legends say that anyone who goes inside never comes back out, but they think it's just a joke. Only Luke Blythe, the artist of the group, doesn't come. They don't tell him their plans because he always spends Halloween with his family a couple of towns over.

Once they enter the Manor, the six learn the truth. The Manor is the lair for a group of monsters that hate humans like them with a burning passion, and they're attacked. They're on the verge of dying when Luke shows up. Only Luke has a horn and tails now, and the monsters are calling him Lucifer. He promptly defeats the monsters. When he realizes that his friends are dying, he creates a contract with each of them so they can gain his advanced healing abilities.

But they also gain his ability to see the truth about the other people in Proctorville. To their horror, a large percentage of the population are some sort of supernatural creature. Worse, now they have to deal with the ability to cast magic spells.

And it's here that our story truly begins, though the tale begins to be told on Halloween morning.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:07 am
Mageheart says...

Roles

[The Athlete]
[Steggy]

The athlete is the friend with a passion for sports. They dream of someday playing for a college team, and a majority of their free time is spent catching up with the latest games. They may be a star of their own sports team, but they also can just be a very dedicated member of it. They always rope their friends into coming to their games.

[The Musician]
[DemonGoddess]

They express themselves through music. They love performing with the school groups and on their own, and discovering new music is their favorite past time. They're always performing on the sidelines of the athlete's games, and their friends always show up to their solo performances. They would love to churn out CDs of original music someday, but would be happy being part of a symphony.

[The Bookworm]
[Wolfical]

Their head is always in a book, and their friends can tell you the plot of that book even though none have probably read it. The library is their second home. They do a bit of writing, but their passion is for what is already out there. Becoming an editor or a professional critic is their dream.

[The Gamer]
[Sheytato]

They've been playing video games since they were old enough to hold a remote. None of their friends ever stand a chance at beating them. Stats are their talent, and they always have a cheat up their sleeve when they're in a pinch. They run a YouTube let's play channel and hope to someday support themselves through it. But, for now, they're content with just playing through their favorites and the new releases.

[The Student]
[HazelGrace16]

They love learning. They take the most advanced courses that they could sign up for, and will gladly impart their newly gained knowledge on their friends. They dream of working as a teacher or professor in their favorite subject. They probably run a studyblr on Tumblr or a studygram on Instagram, and have no study halls to speak of. They're probably the top of their class.

[The Anime Fan]
[KaiRyu]

Their first anime was probably Naruto, though they'll quickly deny it if anyone asks. Though the mainstream ones are nice, they love finding the lesser known ones and sharing it with their friends. They've been studying the Japanese language and culture for several years now. Though they know how difficult it is, they dream of someday being an animator or voice actor for English dubs.

[The Chef]
[Strident]

Their favorite parts about going to new places is getting a taste of the cuisine. Their passion for cooking started when they were little; they would stand next to the stove and watch their parents cook dinner. Now they're the ones doing the cooking, and they're known for how good their food is. They also bring their lunch from home. This usually ends up in them sharing it with everyone else at the table. But they're alright with that – it means that people like what they make, and that they stand a shot at becoming a professional chef someday.

[The YouTuber]
[Lumi]

When they were younger, they dreamed of someday becoming famous on YouTuber. They would videos whenever their parents would let them, and their desire to be a producer for that platform has remained ever since. Their original videos were of poor quality. Now, well into their junior year, their equipment is far better and their videos gain more and more views each day. They dream of the day where they'll reach one million subscribers. Their friends frequently show up as guests in their videos, though some are more willing to take part than others.

[The Artist]
[saentiel]

This friend takes every art elective that the school offers, and will drag their friends to every event their work is in. Their few free blocks are spent in the art room, making new creations. Each week brings with it a new interest type of art. There is no method to the madness – one week might be charcoal, while the next may be woodcarving. When asked about it, they say that they're going to major in something related to art. There's just too much out there to choose right now.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mageheart says...

NPCs

[God]

He probably won't show up, but Luke mentions him from time to time. The two are like brothers, contrary to what one might believe. He's a kind person. He's usually pretty chill, but sometimes being the head of a religion and running it on the minimum amount of sleep needed can cause him to break down. Like Luke, his magic is reliant on spells.

[Ms. Melanie Brooks]

She's the principal of Proctorville High School. Almost all of the student body absolutely adores her, and for good reason. Her actions always take the student's best interests into heart, though it may not be clear at first. She's instituted multiple events – such a field day and pep rally – since she became principal five years ago. Even the staff speak highly of her. She's aware of the supernatural side to Proctorville and is the one who helped Luke get enrolled in the school. She dabbles in the occasional potion making, but mainly casts spells.

[Mr. Levi Avery]

He's the vice principal of the high school and is secretly a werewolf. He's as popular with the students as Melanie is, despite having only have been at the high school for the past two years. He and his husband have lived in Proctorville for nearly a decade. He's also aware of Luke's true identity, though he only learned of it after he was given the job at the school.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mageheart says...

Character Templates

The templates are listed in the spoiler. Please delete anything in the parentheses! That information is there to help you create your character.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Everyone is a junior.)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Nonbinary and transgender characters are cool with me! Just please say what pronouns they prefer.)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (Please include their flaws.)
[b]Up for Romance:[/b] (If they are, please include what their sexuality is.)
[b]Backstory:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]
[b]Halloween Costume:[/b]
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:13 am
Mageheart says...

Hello! Please introduce yourself and claim your role here!

Welcome to Contracted! If we haven't met before, I'm sae. I'll be playing the part of the artist in the group of friends. There is a Discord server where you can chat with the other people in this storybook, but you don't have to. What I would like for you to do is to check out the WriterFeedPad that I have set up for this storybook! The password is "Lucifer".
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:21 am
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the storybook, brother of mine!
mage

queer and here.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:29 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

I'll take the Student.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:35 pm
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the storybook, @LadyLizzLovelace! I'll go put your name down for the student.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:45 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Can I claim the Bookworm?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Reviews: 1
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:54 pm
View Likes
Strident says...

May I claim the Chef?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:03 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'd like to claim the athlete!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:21 pm
Mageheart says...

Sure thing, you guys! Welcome to the storybook.
mage

queer and here.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:49 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

My I claim the Anime Fan? :D
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:09 pm
Mageheart says...

Of course! @DemonGoddess, this is where you claim roles for storybooks. You said you wanted the musician, right?
mage

queer and here.

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen