Young Writers Society

Cul-De-Sac [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:36 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm going to be getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, and I've heard that I might be out of it for the next few days. But if I'm not, I'll try to get a post up by the end of this week.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Ahh good luck sae! No rush but thank you :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 pm
View Likes
Synnoev says...

Just posted!! Sorry for the huuuge delay and huge thanks to @soundofmind for collabing!!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:06 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

IT WAS SO FUN! And omg I love this post hahahaha
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:59 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Synn and sound that post is amazinggggg!!! Love the interactions and the spooky stuff. Great work!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:13 pm
Rydia says...

The challenge in the spoiler below has expired and been removed from the main challenge thread. Happy storybooking all!

Spoiler! :
Challenged Adventurer(s): @Synnoev, @Strident, @Steggy, @Persistence, @saentiel, @LadyLizz, @Sheytato (omitting sound and I since we already posted for this round)
Storybook: Cul-De-Sac
The Challenge: It's a Friday morning in mid September: move-in day for the students! The neighbors have taken the day off of work so that they can make sure, as discreetly as possible, that everything goes wrong.

For the Students

a) Discover at least one creepy thing about 823.
b) In some way, have your character express either regret or excitement for deciding to move in to 823.
c) Have your character open up about their thoughts about one of the neighbors to another student.

For the Neighbors

a) Spy on or stalk one student in particular. It's up to you whether or not your character gets caught.
b) Use your character's skills in haunting to frighten the students in some way while they're moving in.
c) Use all of the following words or their derivatives in your post: "blood," "shadow," and "hearth."

Completion Time: 1 month; 1 post
Credits Awarded: You'll get a single credit just for posting, and another credit for each of the three alpha-challenges (the a b c ones) pertaining to your type of character! So that's four possible points up for grabs.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

What will live longer, you or your words? Something to think about the next time you abandon a project...
— Omni