z

Young Writers Society

The Gilded City DT

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:04 am
Lightsong says...

Until my phone is fixed, I won't be able to get into WFP. That would be for at least three days.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

That's all right. These things happen. Can you post here when it's fixed so we can work out another meeting, and then possibly figure out who will post when?
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

472 Reviews

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:58 am
Lightsong says...

Yeah, sure, I meant to update the status after it's been fixed.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:43 am
sheysse says...

I finally read through the WFP, and everything looks good to me. Perhaps my character could be tied in to the public announcement thing, since she is essentially famous and I'd imagine would have a television series or something.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:51 am
Lael says...

@Sheytato ^ literally Arlen. xD
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

176 Reviews

Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:56 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Fair enough. XD Our characters have similarities, for sure. Either one would fit the situation, though yours probably better.

176 Reviews

472 Reviews

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:35 pm
Lightsong says...

Guys, I've pretty much skimmed the WFP now. Anyone going to make the first post or anything? I still haven't gotten my phone fixed, but we can still discuss here or in PM if there's anything I should include in my post. :P

- David L. Ulin

561 Reviews

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:48 pm
Atticus says...

Sorry it's been a little inactive here. I'll post soon, but if anyone has any major concerns that we're not ready yet, post here and we'll hold off. If I don't hear anything, then I'll assume we're good to go and post tomorrow.
[he/him]

Reviews: 1
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:07 pm
Strident says...

Hello! This looks interesting. Is there any space left?

561 Reviews

Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:13 pm
View Likes
Atticus says...

Sure! You can create a CP and check out the WFP to get the general idea of what the plan is. There are no government employee spots available, but you can be a normal citizen. I was hoping to get my post up as the first post maybe by Monday, and then it will have officially begun! I'm super excited for this SB :)
[he/him]

Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:21 pm
Strident says...

Thank you.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:19 pm
View Likes
Strident says...

Sorry for the double post. I'm submitting my character now. His profile seems a lot longer than everyone else's.. I hope that doesn't deter anyone from reading it. I tried very hard to not make my character Mary-Sue, but if I did, I can change some things. Thank you again for letting me join.

176 Reviews

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:23 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

There's really no set length for templates, so I wouldn't worry! Glad to see new members joining SBs!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:59 am
ardentlyThieving says...

Hey I just discovered this storybook and was wondering if there's still a slot open? I'm happy to be an ordinary citizen :D
“Thus human beings judge of one another, superficially, casually, throwing contempt on one another, with but little reason, and no charity.” - Emmuska Orczy, 'The Scarlet Pimpernel'

Brain freezes are temporary, but milkshakes are forever.
— SilverNight