z

Young Writers Society

Outliers [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:34 am
Mageheart says...

Since I feel like we would need a more concrete plan for that one, what if we have a conflict between some of the kids? Forcing them to pick sides on a matter could be a way to highlight their individual characteristics, and could be a good point of comparison when the actual conflict is introduced.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Adventurer(s): @saentiel, @GreenTea, @Lael, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, @Sheytato, @Kelpies and @Omnom.

The Storybook: Outliers

The Challenge: Rekindling the Fire

On the verge of death itself, our storybook is making a comeback! Since we're all probably pretty rusty with our characters, the goal of this challenge is to get us back into writing as them. There's two ways you can achieve this. The first is to write interactions between your character and at least one other. This character can be either an NPC or someone's character. Writing out conversations is a great way to remember what a person is like. Besides writing out some dialogue, highlighting your characters' abilities - or apparent lack of abilities - will help define them.

Completion Time: 14 posts

Credits Awarded: You can get one credit by including dialogue from at least one other character. You can get a second credit by including your character's abilities or lack of abilities. A third credit can be earned if your post is at least seven hundred words for a total of three credits.

There's one day left until 2018 is upo– What? It's 2018 already? And it's February too? Right. Well, I guess that means this challenge is as dead as 2017.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:08 am
View Likes
Lael says...

*poke* I liked the idea from before. Where is everybody?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

81 Reviews

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:47 am
Lael says...

So is this the end?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 am
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

I'm here for it. If we're willing to work with it.

81 Reviews

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 pm
Lael says...

Yes, I'm still here as well, but is everyone else really still up for this? Let's not allow a good story to die. If needed, I can try to post next for Mabel.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:16 pm
Kelpies says...

I'm still here
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:42 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

I thought about posting for Jake but...I'm not sure what. I thought about showing his immunity to being burned. Like something falling into a fire and he retrieves it and tries to hide that he isn't burned but...I'm not really sure how to go about that.

81 Reviews

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:00 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I started a post for Mabel, but for now, I don't know where it's going to go. Maybe a collab would be in order? We'll see.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:15 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, everyone! I'm sorry for not posting before now in this DT. I admit that I've lost my inspiration for this storybook, so I'm currently debating if I still want to run it. Even if I ultimately decide that this storybook isn't right for me anymore, I promise that it won't die as a result - @Sheytato will likely be the person to take over, unless something comes up and I need to find someone else.

But, as of today, I'm here. So thanks for trying to bring this back from the grave. I saw your post, @Lael, and I'm pretty impressed. It's a wonderful post and it's nice seeing some stuff from the antagonists. Does anyone want to go next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White