Young Writers Society

Knights of San Guin DT

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:30 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Welcome to the DT! Information and updates will be posted here so stick around ^^
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:59 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Okay, so first bit of important information is the way our Knights fight, spy, or otherwise interact with an enemy. Enemies can range from a personal vendetta against some street vendor that ripped you off to Zeiram the Lich - or whoever - the point is, the outcome of all of these interactions, whether you win or lose, is based on a dice roll.

A Knight decides to “Attack”. “Attack” does not have to be physical or violent, but can simply mean stealing, spying, or any sort of other direct confrontation between a Knight and an enemy. When a Knight Attacks, both the Knight and the enemy roll a dice. Enemies have a set number of dice, but Knights can increase their number of dice through leveling up. A Knight can win a dice roll by having successfully bet high or low, meaning that if the Knight bets high and they roll higher than the enemy they win, but if they would have bet low, they would have lost.

I'm hoping that's easy to understand. If something doesn't make sense please let me know. Basically, as we progress through the story and missions we will get harder enemies who roll with more dice and items that require you to have a certain number of dice in a certain stat in order for you to equip it.

I might need a few days before posting the actual SB to plan ahead a little bit, but once I get down a few things we should be ready to go. There's really not much to plan considering things are left up to chance xD

Losses will affect the story. You can't just retry a roll, you have to live with it and the story adapts to fit the outcome. Win's, of course, propel us closer to our goal, or simply earn us some bangin loot.

I don't want to info dump ya'll, but there is one more important thing.

This is going to be a combination between a Storybook and a Role Play. Dungeons would take far too long if everyone had to write out an actual SB post for every action, so whenever we enter a dungeon or a fight scene in particular, we will switch to the Role Play style of writing.

And I think Role Play language is universal, so don't worry about trying to stick to the same pov or style when in these scenes. Just feel free to role play as it comes natural to you. That is, unless it becomes a problem.

And you can not control another person's character in your RP unless it has been discussed in the DT between both members.

This is going to be communication heavy, especially in the dungeons, so please be expecting that. We have to work as a team.

Not to scare you or anything ^^ I just think this could be loads of fun and I want everyone to have a good time.

176 Reviews

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:22 pm
sheysse says...

I must ask... Can our characters die? If so, then what? Are we out of the SB/RP?

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:24 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Oh! Our King is a Necromancer. If one of us dies, we just bring the body back to Bastian and he revives them. You do lose everything you were carrying on you though.

However, if everyone dies... Nah, that won't happen! *sweats*

176 Reviews

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:28 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

That won't be for a while, if ever, but I guess we win.

176 Reviews

176 Reviews

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Can I join this as the mage?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:00 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Sure, but before you choose, here is the job progression of each class. The only class I've claimed is the Tank ^^

Tank -- Wall -- Fortress

Mage -- Witch -- Demon Lord

Pyromancer -- Beast Tamer -- Dragon Lord

Warrior -- Beserker -- Storm

Cleric -- Priest -- Prophet

Spy -- Master -- Snake

Tank class uses thunder and shock waves. Starts using fists and arms that sprout from the back, upgrades to knuckles. (I already have a character for this position)

Mage class uses dark magic. Starts with a staff, moves on to hand magic, and then summoning circles.

Pyromancer class uses fire magic, wielding first with a staff, and then hands, and then your pet dragon - given in Beast Tamer - grows up.

Warrior uses lightning/electricity. Upgrades from only being able to use weapon skills to being able to manipulate lightning, and then finally being able to embody it.

Cleric class uses a book to cast spells, typically healing and defense, buffs, and whatnot. Upgrades from book magic, to using word/hand magic, and then the final stage Prophet allows you to use light magic.

Spy class is stealth based, using daggers and shadow manipulation. Go from using daggers and poison, to adapting mastering a type of martial arts, to becoming venomous.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:22 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Biscuits has claimed Warrior

Sheyren and Mage, do you want to stick with the classes you picked before my class update?

176 Reviews

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:48 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

There are six stats that our Knights can invest dice in:

Defense

Agility

Magic

Intelligence

Charisma

Strength

Defense, Agility, Magic, and Strength are your combat based dice, pretty self-explanatory. Defense dice are rolled to block, Agility dice are rolled to escape/hide/etc, Magic dice are rolled when casting spells, and Strength dice are used when punching/using a weapon.

Intelligence dice are rolled when trying to learn a new spell or ability. You can not use a spell or ability until you "beat" the roll. For instance, there will be three-dice spells or five-dice abilities.

Charisma dice are rolled during anything having to do with communication - bartering, persuading, tricking, etc.

You are free to put dice into any category you wish, despite your class. But, skills for certain classes require a certain stat roll.

I think that's all for stat explanation.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I definitely want to stick with the class! Eventually becoming a demon lord would be awesome.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus