Young Writers Society

Stargazers: Our Ghosts [DT]

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:16 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

You're all sweet.

Davina has a job at this not-yet named second hand bookshop in Whitmore, so if you want your characters to meet her that's an easy setting to use.
Also if you use Davina in a post, remember to include her ghost cat Jules.

Anyway, I'll be writing my first post soon, so if anybody wants me to include their character in it, let me know right away and I'll see if I can think up a way to include them.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:38 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

@SirenCymbaline: Is Davina supposed to be invited to Stargazers or she's already a member? I'm thinking that perhaps Ann could take a trip on her bike to this second-hand bookshop if so.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:56 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@PrincessInk Wherever Ann goes, would you be able to take Bodhi with her? My post was kinda set up so that they go somewhere together XD

373 Reviews

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:22 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Sure! I can do that @CoffeeCat :)

59 Reviews

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:43 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@PrincessInk I was thinking of having her already be a member but forgot to write it into the CP...haha.

To be honest I was taking too long to write the backstory and didn't want to add in an extra thing to make you guys wait longer...and now I'm just making excuses. I'll write that extra part and let you guys know when I've added it in.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:09 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@SirenCymbaline if Davina's already a member, mabe you could include her interacting with alice ?? Or just any of the new recruits??

@PrincessInk i think @coffeecat and I said that Bodhi would take Kaito under his wing so maybe she's bringing Bodhi to meet kaito???

Idk theSE ARE oNLY SUGGESTIONS, feel free to toss these ideas
Last edited by soundofmind on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

59 Reviews

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:59 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@soundofmind sure thing. It looks like she'll prolly be meeting Ann and Bodhi first, but when I'm in an SB I like to have my character meet as much of the cast as possible and there's not too many characters in this so she'll likely meet them all in time.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:53 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Lol Bodhi's first reaction to his new disciples will probably be like "meh, whatever".

373 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Posted! Let me know if I need to fix something (@CoffeeCat, @SirenCymbaline, do let me know if I portrayed your characters off or something) and I'll do it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:43 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Your post was great!

I'm not sure if you've seen my last couple of wall posts, but I'm currently on vacation. I haven't had much time to come on the website because of it. I'll try to come on more tomorrow morning and write a better DT post up on my laptop instead of my phone.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:36 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@PrincessInk Great post! Haha the door slam was the best XD You wrote Bodhi really well!

59 Reviews

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:01 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@PrincessInk I liked it. I like Ann, I have a feeling future interactions will be fun. :)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@SirenCymbaline, when do you think you can get your first up by?

Just a quick reminder about the challenge - if you haven't already claimed your points, you should stop by the Storybook Badges and Challenges thread and do so! I can give you a link if you can't find it.

I came up with an idea for this storybook, so I thought I would run it by you all first so we can work out any problems or come up with something else if not enough people like it.

After everyone arrives at the agency (which I'll probably cover in my next post if @SirenCymbaline doesn't in hers), they'll be given a brief orientation if they're new and then they'll be assigned their first job along with the other characters. The case is the following. A family moves into a relatively new house. On their first night, they begin to notice that things are moving about on their own and they feel like they're not alone. They do a little bit of research when the strange incidents occur, quickly learning that the kids of the old owners died in the house.

The kids were named Emma and Alexander Fortier. The police had concluded that Alexander had, for whatever reason, killed Emma and then killed himself with his father's gun.

Obviously, the new owners are terrified. They contact Stargazers, and the team is sent out with this information. Once there, they learn the truth. Alexander had accidentally killed his sister, and out of pure grief, he killed himself as well. Emma remains in this world because she can't pass on until Alexander stops feeling guilty about her death, and Alexander can't pass on because Emma never made a friend (he was her only friend and always tried helping her make more).

The group resolves the case by befriending Emma. During the time they spend doing that, they all grow closer and deal with whatever haunts them from their past.

What does everyone think of that?
mage

queer and here.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:39 am
View Likes
DarshayataDeka says...

@Mage I think its an awesome idea. But I have a question. The human members of Stargazers will investigate the case, but what about the supernatural members of Stargazers (Lily and Aisha)?
DD

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:42 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Since Lily's the leader of Stargazers, she's going to stay behind at their base of operations. But Aisha will go on the job with them as well, even though the people who hired Stargazers won't know she's there. I hope that makes sense! If it doesn't, please don't be afraid to ask more questions.
mage

queer and here.

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen