BOOM!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:13 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

BOOMED

Me likey the posts. As sound put it, "i kinda wished Shun'en was fluent in western cowboy speak cuz then when peter said he was used to sleepin in the dirt he would've just said "ya make a habit of doin that?""

As I put it, 'Feudal 2: The Battle Against the Induhs'

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:21 pm
View Likes
Synnoev says...

I loved the posts with Peter and Shun'en bonding! Nice to see some people are getting along already :D

Also, I finally made my post!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Thank you! Awesome post!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

176 Reviews

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:04 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Great post!

Who's next? @CoffeeCat, you haven't posted in awhile. Wanna go?

Whoever does go next, I think they should initiate the battle, so that we can get this plot rolling. ;)

176 Reviews

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:01 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Not to be an annoyance, but @coffeecat, are you able to post next?

ALSO, https://discord.gg/p3bygN. It's a Discord server for all my SBs, which obviously included this. I encourage you to join! If you're unfamiliar with Discord, it's a live chatting room thingy that is a lot of fun and white helpful for SBs.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:01 am
soundofmind says...

THE DISCORD IS PRETTY RAD @sheytato

176 Reviews

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:29 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Haven't been online for a few days. My bad >_<

I'll certainly aim to get a post up before the end of this week :)

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:54 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Sheytato wrote:

The introductory posts have been concluded, and thus we move into the action/combat part of our plot. As we move into this, I want to see our characters interact, and maybe even *gasp* bond. So, I've got some things I would like for us to do to ensure such interactions happen.

Jinpachi Watanabe, 甚八渡辺

Watanabe has seen some stuff in his time. He served loyally under Emperor Meiji, and was forced to do some morally gray actions. While he fights for the greater good, his means of doing so can be, well, not so good. My challenge to myself is to have him discuss his actions with another member of the team, or multiple. The second challenge for him is to ensure that Masumi doesn't hear what he's done, as he doesn't want her opinion of him to change.

Peter Lacy, カウボーイ

As an American, most of the group is distrustful of Peter. However, he decides to valiantly help Higashi Village, despite the negative feelings thrown at him. @Wolfical's two challenges are to have Peter discuss why he wants to help them, both the moral side of it and the person gain side of it. This can be worked into conversation with any of the characters except Masumi.

Ueda Shun’en, 上田

We saw a little bit of Shun'en's backstory, but it was pretty vague. My challenge for @soundofmind is to make Shun'en tell another member of the group about his relationship with Tsuda. Your second challenge is to give some detail to what Tsuda mentioned, Shun'en converting. The second challenge does not have to be completed through a conversation with another character, but it can be.

Chikako Saeki, 千香子彩木

We've seen that Saeki can be self centered about her looks, and so it's not unexpected for her to brag about them. My challenge for you, @CoffeeCat, is to have Saeki brag to another member of the group about her looks. My other challenge is for you to have her discuss her fame in the geisha house as a result of those looks, whether it be in her head or with another character.

Eiryu/Chiru 栄龍/鶴

Chiru is a well known assassin who's worked under multiple aliases. My first challenge for you, @Synnoev, is to have Chiru talk about her past jobs with any member of the group. My other challenge is to have her discuss what's happened since the last time she saw Watanabe with, unironically, Watanabe.

Yang Wei Cheng, 楊巍誠

Wei Cheng has travelled from China, and thus has only one motivation for helping the Japanese; to fight Americans. This may confuse some members, so @Lael, your challenge is to have him explain such to another character. Your other challenge is to elaborate on his mental hatred for basically anyone who isn't Chinese.

Fujikawa Kyoko, 藤川虚子

As a female ronin, Kyoko will face a lot of bias. This may not come from the group as much as others, but your challenge, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, is to have Kyoko talk with other characters about the bias she faces. Your other challenge is to have her, either mentally or verbally, explain why she chose to be a ronin, despite the gender stereotypes.
---

Completion of one challenge will earn you two points, and completing the second challenge will earn you a third point. This challenge's expiration date is one month from today. Run wild with it. :)

This challenge has expired, so I'm posting it here for posterity and future reference.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:18 pm
View Likes
Leekeer says...

Well im back from holiday so WHAT UP MY PEEPS!
I had this when I was an angst filled teenager who kind of liked storytelling. I still the feel the same except for the angst

176 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:49 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Welcome back! I'm thinking we'll skip @CoffeeCat for now, so I'm trying to think of a way we can introduce the next post through your character's perspective. I'll get back to you on that one.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:47 am
soundofmind says...

@Sheytato okidoki!

176 Reviews

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:57 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Okay, so here's what I've come up with. The battle is about to start. However, @Leekeer, I want a post from you just introducing the wako, her ship, etc. Basically, have them do pirate stuff while they sail the shores of the island with Higashi Village on it, and you can do whatever for most of the post. BUT, at the very end, I want them to hear gunshots, letting them know that the battle has begun. Don't have them approach the battle of anything, I just want them to hear it. Then the posts end.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:00 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

*breathes*

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom