Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:51 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Once everyone has met up, I think some Imani and Penny time could be interesting since she's a super observant kid and pretty quiet herself so she's more open to non verbal forms of communication and has generally got a lot of empathy @Gravity I'm not sure she'd go out of her way to learn to sign as she's still focused on going back to the children's home but she might try to meet Penny's needs in other little ways, like bringing her colouring books/ interesting looking rocks.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 am
Gravity says...

I would love that! @Rydia

Anybody else? Maybe one of the originals? @HazelGrace16 hint hint, wink wink
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:05 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I really want to write my first post and be part of this finally, so I'll also attempt to write it this weekend. I can't say what it will be about yet, since I'm still reading, but I promise I'll be up to date and ready soon!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:41 pm
Europa says...

I was planning for Riley to be pretty shocked/upset that Penny's so young for a Morpher already. True to Riley's mom-character archetype, I think she'd be pretty protective of Penny from then on.

293 Reviews

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:51 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

While catching up, I had to recite the names of the couples so that I wouldn't get confused later: Michael + Charlotte, Layla + Jinx, Riley + Cole, and Emma + Dan (Neon + Gwen would be sooo awkward XD). Imagine my surprise, however, when I realise only the first and last of those four are actually couples - reading the first storybook is going to be painfully frustrating. You people seriously want the readers to shout, "Just kiss already!" don't you? :P
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:45 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Gravity - I think the original Animorphers will be shocked to see all of them, given they didn't know they had even gotten test subjects yet. I think a couple of the more caring Animorphers would have a particularly strong reaction to her, though. Espessially after all the chaos is over and they can really get a good look at who the new subjects are. I don't think Cole or Layla would jump in to care for her, although Layla might be a bit angered. Gwen might have a soft spot for her, but since she's currently afraid of herself and of hurting others, she probably wouldn't get too close at this point.

How cute would it be if Neon knew sign language and sort of became her communicator? :D

@BrumalHunter -

@Europa @Wolfical
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:14 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Sorry I'm late and not to jump on the bandwagon but Finn would naturally want to learn sign language because he has a natural curiosity and need to learn everything he can. Also could Penny not also use thoughtspeak to communicate once they learn how to morph?

Along with ASL I think Finn would be bothering all the others to teach him anything they can. He has a lot of random skills from living on the street for so long.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

293 Reviews

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:43 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Yeah, I continued reading and at least one obvious couple sorted their rubbish out. But really? This is too much. I almost want Jaye to be exasperated at them if she notices their reluctance in addition to their obvious chemistry. Ugh. Anyway, I had to stop, but I'll finish reading soon.
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Ciley: *High fives*

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:33 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

*high fives* I'll probably still want to bang my head against my desk when I read the first storybook, though. XD

Anyway, I'm caught up, so I'll start writing after this. Since I've been spectacularly tardy in participation, I figured it might be best if Jaye and Cassandra came from a different orphanage besides Orchard House, as that would explain why the others don't know them and why they haven't featured more than once. @LeftyWriter, is that fine by you?

@TheSilverFox, you mentioned that you also wish to submit a post soon, so I'll leave Joshua out of mine to prevent locking you into anything.

One last thing: fantastic posts, everyone! Your writing was the only thing that kept the immense boredom of work at bay yesterday. I now look forward even more to working with you all!
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:59 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I finally posted! It came out more meh than I had planned originally, but I practically never write in first person. I'll get better at this, I promise. XD
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:13 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I thought it was great, @BurmaHunter! You got Alex's character perfectly.

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:04 pm
BrumalHunter says...

That's great to hear, @Europa - on both counts!
— Paul the Apostle

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:14 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Oswin1800 - I'm sure Penny would get thoughtspeak just like the rest of them, but if she doesn't know what words sound like or how to say them herself, she probably wouldn't be able to use them telepathically either.

@BrumalHunter - It's totally fine having her come from somewhere else. I didn't even realize most of them were coming from the same place until I started reading posts. :P Jared comes from somewhere different too, so I think it's good for your character to also come from their own place so there's some variety.

Also, great post! I like Jaye's character.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

293 Reviews

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:22 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I think your post was very well-written @TheSilverFox! I don't believe the first person narrator is mandatory, since some people here do use the third person narrator - Lefty, for example, writes Jared in third but the others in first - but it's great that you chose to challenge yourself! (I also feel the pain of limiting your available vocabulary. XD)
— Paul the Apostle

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey