z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Since this first round has gone on for a little over three weeks now, I'm going to start the next round on Friday, so try to get your posts in before then (if you haven't posted already).

Those who still have yet to post are: Michael (@Dino), Emma (@HazelGrace16), Finn (@Oswin1800), Jinx & Charlotte (@Wolfical), Neon (@Chaser), Cassandra (@Veni), and Jaye (@AstralHunter).

You are all welcome to post whenever you like. I'd also like to point out that even if a post is a little bit out of sequence with the other posts that have been submitted, it's okay. It doesn't matter if they're a little out of order in the timeline. I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

--------------

@Gravity, were you still planning to join? If so, you're still welcome to join in any time.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:20 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@LeftyWriter Here are the ones I'm considering

Deathstalker Scorpion

Polar Bear

Boomslang (It's a kind of snake)

Hyena

Leopard

Saltwater crocodile

Based on psychology and what his personality turns out to be, it could be any one of these.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:46 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'll have a post ready by tonight or if I forget to post it, tomorrow whenever I wake up.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

I will be posting some time today.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:14 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

One of the more depressing towns I've driven past. (It's just that you guys are writing about the old animorphers being arrested and I remembered that hey, there's a whole bunch of prisons, including a supermax prison, in the state of Colorado).
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I've been a bit busy and I'm so behind. ;-; I expect to catch up on all the posts tonight, and write my post this week!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:10 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@Dino the Animorphers don't know about the new Morphers yet. Only the lab. The new morphers are probably safe inside the new lab by now. Also I see your writing Michael in first person this time. Good choice!

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:46 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

Ah, thank you for pointing that out! I didn't realize that and thank you; I changed it up a bit, mainly because I think it'll be helpful on showing his emotions better, I guess.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

45 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:44 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Okay uh...I can't make Riley's banner to work correctly. A little help please?

93 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:59 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Europa Hmm... That's odd. It's possible there are some extra spaces in the code, based on looking at the code on the SB (like, the last [/img] is a line down from the rest). I don't know if that matters though.

You can also try pasting this into the top of your post:

Code: Select all
[center][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/2ms4u39.jpg[/img][/center]
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:52 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Awesome! Thanks, Lefty. Unfortunately my computer broke, and my tablet won't let me copy this code so it might be a while until this is fixed. It's only been a day and I already miss my laptop...

93 Reviews

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:44 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Europa No worries. It stinks when your computer breaks. :/ Hopefully you'll be able to get a new one soon!

---------

Great posts @Dino and @Oswin1800! I can tell that Finn is going to be a fun character to read and I'm looking forward to reading more of Michael in 1st-person!

And with those posts, I think that concludes Round 1, which means...

~~ROUND 1 HAS CLOSED~~

And...

~~ROUND 2 HAS NOW BEGUN~~

:D Yay posts.:D

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:51 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

So sorry for my tardiness! I'm having difficulty finding enough time to read and post, but I'm really really enjoying reading these posts - they're of the highest quality. Great work guys! I think I have a free day Monday, so if I don't post by then you're all welcome to spam my wall with animal gifs.

EDIT: TUESDAY. It shall be done TUESDAY.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:20 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@LeftyWriter, is there any specific topic we have to cover during round two that would warrant a storybook challenge, or do we just continue with the introductory posts?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

93 Reviews

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:36 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

No worries, @Wolfical! I'm looking forward to reading your post when you're able to post it. :)

@AstralHunter For round two, the new Animorphers will probably be brought into the facility and be given clean clothes, food, meet each other, etc... But I'm thinking them actually going into the chairs should wait until the next round.

For the original Animorphers, this round will probably be about them in custody, being interrogated and being broken out by the rebel group.

I'm not sure how much should happen with the original Animorphers. It seems like a lot, but I'm trying to get them caught up to being able to rescue the new ones, which is why my posts have been so long. I feel like I've been hogging the story a bit, which I feel bad about, so if you guys want to plan out which character writes which part of the capture & escape, I'd love to discuss it.

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos