z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 pm
Gravity says...

Sorry I haven’t checked in all week. @oswin1800 like I see your point about thoughtspeak but she does need a way to communicate with everyone while they’re animals. I didn’t even know thoughtspeak was a thing until you mentioned it, I assume the others can communicate while they are animals? Can they also sense thoughts/emotions? I assume penny’s thoughtspeak will help her improve her normal speaking and might even improve faster than her normal speaking. Penny will know what words are supposed to sound like as she gets more familiar with the English language, but it would be difficult for her to form the words because her mouth doesn’t know how yet
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:12 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Yeah everyone should be able to use thoughtspeak while in animal form. I don't think they can sense any emotions though.

Just a note for everyone else deaf people cannot read lips perfectly and can't understand a lot of words even if they are proficient at lip reading. If writing Penny in a scene it would be inaccurate for her to understand what anyone is saying in large amounts due to this and also because of her young age. That can obviously change as she learns more.
Just something to be concious of.

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 am
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Adventurer(s): @Wolfical @Chaser @HazelGrace16 @Steggy @Europa @Rydia @Veni @Gravity @AstralHunter @TheSilverFox @Oswin1800

Storybook: Animorphers 2.0.

The Challenge:

Memory, all alone in the moooonliigghhhttt.

Memories are an important part of your character. Their pasts have shaped them, effected them, made them who they are. They might never have been friends with a certain person or experienced a certain thing had the coin of fate flipped on the other side. For this challenge, we're going to delve into those stones of their pasts that have yet to be unturned.

For The Original Animorphers

You will receive 2 Points for recounting how your character originally met one of the other Animorphers, before the field trip and the Animorphers experiment.

OR

You will receive 1 Point for recounting a memory from your character's past, unrelated to the other characters in the SB.

For The New Animorphers

You will receive 2 Points for your character interacting with another new Animorpher they have yet to converse with and make a new memory.

OR

You will receive 1 Point for recounting a memory from your character's past, unrelated to the other characters in the SB.

Completion Time: October 1st (End of current round)

Credits Awarded: 1-2 points, depending on challenge chosen. If participant has two characters, then they have a chance of being awarded 4 points all together.

Time's up! If anyone completed the challenge but never claimed, you have a short amount of time left to do so.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:21 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Cool post, @Europa! Just one thing: weren't they already tested? I'm not really sure about where we are right now.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:43 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Nice post, @Europa! I'm really liking Alex's character.

@BrumalHunter, sometimes post are a little out of order and that's okay. In my post, I mentioned they'd been tested. In Europa's post, I think she went back in time to earlier that day so she could show how their tests went. That happened a lot in 1.0.

----------

So, who of the original Animorphers wants to post next? I don't think there too much more for the new ones to do until they're rescued now, so we should try to catch the timeline up on the original Animorphers side (like having them meet up at the rebel base, recuperate, be briefed on the mission, etc...)
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:50 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification, @LeftyWriter! (Some SBs I'm in disallow that, so I just need to get used to it again. ^_^)

In that case, I like how you continue to elaborate on Alex's rebellious nature, @Europa.
— Paul the Apostle

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:05 am
Steggy says...

I could try and write a post for the original Animorphers!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

93 Reviews

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 pm
Lefty says...

@Steggy, were you planning on writing a post?

If not, did any of the other original Animorphers want to post, or should I just work on one?
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:17 pm
Steggy says...

Sorry! I completely forgot. And I don't know if I'll be able to get a post up this weekend so someone else is more than welcome to post. It's been a busy week. :/
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

93 Reviews

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:19 pm
Lefty says...

No worries, @Steggy. I've been quite busy myself.

293 Reviews

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:08 pm
BrumalHunter says...

My exams are finally done, so I'm less busy myself. The only pity is I could post right now, but it wouldn't accomplish much. XD

I can see to reading the original Animorphers in the mornings now, so that at least means I'll have stuff to read for this anyway.
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:03 pm
Europa says...

@LeftyWriter I have a post in the workings right now, but the going is slow. I've gotten stuck writing a romantic scene. I've never been the best at that.

293 Reviews

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:01 am
BrumalHunter says...

You could always ask someone to help look it over and provide suggestions. :P
— Paul the Apostle

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:37 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

We just need to post.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:43 am
View Likes
Europa says...

I'm working on one. Finally know what I want to do for that scene I was stuck on thanks to some help from Lefty! It won't take long to finish.

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen