Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

I'm so sorry, I have been moving into my college dorm
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:44 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@LeftyWriter I don't think everyone has to write about being interrogated or being in custody. In fact, if we wanted to move the story along I think we should just move on to them being rescued. That way we get some fresh happenings and something new for writers of the original Morphers to write, but the story can move froreward as well.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:23 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Ehhh, I like the suggestion, but the new Animorphers haven't really had a chance to shine. I mean, based on what I've read, I don't think any of them have even made it to the laboratory in Idaho Springs yet. I can try to write a post over the weekend where Joshua is brought over and introduces the lab, and then a couple of other people could carry on with that and describe the lives of the kids, the nature of the scientists, and, of course, the chairs. Is that an okay plan?
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Oh okay in my post I was about to hint at the beginnings of the rescue so that we could get the story moving along, but I guess I should just stick with jail stuff and the interrogation.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:26 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Wolfical, what you were planning to post is perfectly fine! I'm looking forward to reading it. :)

Back on page 12 I'd said "For the original Animorphers, this round will probably be about them in custody, being interrogated and being broken out by the rebel group." That was just kind just an outline for the round. If the post you have in mind is a conversation between two characters while in county lockup, or you have an idea for an interesting interrogation post, great! Feel free to post it. If you want to do a post of the entire escape/rescue or if you had something else in mind that could happen during this part of the timeline, awesome! Nothing is set in stone. Be free, have fun--there isn't a rigid step by step that has to happen.

--------

@TheSilverFox I had considered writing a post for Jared today to introduce the lab, but if you were planning to do that post over the weekend, I can hold off and pick it up where Joshua leaves off. Just let me know what you decide!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:39 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Great, thanks Lefty! I promise it will be done today!

(I never got any animal gif spam, guys d:)
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:47 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

*Goes to spam Wolfie's wall*

I'm slacking. Totally meant to. :P
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

299 Reviews

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:02 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

hahaha, I thought we were talking about the new Animorpers escaping, not the old ones. My bad; guess that's what I get for being tired and with a near-constant headache.

Under the circumstances, I still wouldn't mind writing before you, @LeftyWriter, because I have some plot happenings that I'd like to elaborate on and that seems like a good place to do so. I'm not sure if I have time on Saturday, but I hope to finish the post by the end of Sunday, at the latest.

93 Reviews

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:01 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

That's fine, @TheSilverFox. I'll hold off, then. :D

One thing I had thought about when it comes to the facility is that they'll probably want to hide their true intensions from the kids for as long as possible, so they might really try to sell their adoption/foster home "A safe place for kids between homes" cover story and hide the lab part of it for as long as they can. Maybe even have some kind of logo out front or a colorful waiting room to make it seem like the real deal. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that. It just kind of crossed my mind a couple days ago, but you certainly don't have to use it.

299 Reviews

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:00 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@LeftyWriter: Nice idea! It makes perfect sense to me, as the organization in charge is best leaving the kids as compliant as possible. The less the kids resist, the more likely the operation to grant them powers goes without a hitch. Joshua will be disappointed with the organization's facade, as he'll consider the place too similar to his old orphanage, but they could create a nice enough impression to make even him unsuspicious of their intents. When they do unveil the lab, they may always choose to justify it as high-tech medical equipment, particularly the chairs. At that point, it probably would garner the suspicion of many of the kids, since I don't think they'll be familiar with any group who would be willing to provide the money and resources to grant rather ordinary kids some rather unordinary machines. By then, fortunately for the experimenters, it will be too late. So yeah, I definitely recommend this idea and will include it in my post.

93 Reviews

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:14 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@TheSilverFox - Sounds good!

@Wolfical - Great post! I adore Charlotte. She's awesome. :D And the hoof prints were so cool! Just say'n. I'll stop spamming your wall now. :P

@Gravity - That's okay. Were you still planning to join in?

---------

(@HazelGrace16, @Europa, Wolfical (for Jinx), @Chaser) Who wants to write the escape/rescue for the original Animorphers?

440 Reviews

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:21 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Thanks Lefty! I wasn't sure where to go with the interrogation so I hope I did okay. I mostly just reused the questions he asked Layla, which I guess makes sense. And yes! I thought you'd like the hoofprints! Jinx'll be getting some tiger paws : D
and do not be afraid.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Yes, I've just been very busy. I will have my profile done in a couple of days.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Sorry and haven't posted lately. I'll be replacing my computer soon so I'll be freer to post then.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:14 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Does our charrie actually have to be 11, 12, 13 or 14? I noticed the plot says "unsuspecting high schoolers" and most people aren't in high school until they turn 14, plus I'm seeing older characters but the rules say between the ages of 11 and 14. I would really rather not do a character so young since I'm now in college haha.

That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead