440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu May 24, 2018 3:58 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Guess what I'm doing today?

posting that post
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu May 24, 2018 5:01 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

For some reason, I never saw the mention in here. Yaaay! Sorry for the late reaction, @LeftyWriter, but I'm glad this is moving again!

And I look forward to reading that post, Wolfie!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

440 Reviews

Fri May 25, 2018 5:17 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow for realz?

Posting that post.

It's almost done! But it's late right now and I'm practically falling asleep on the keyboard and I'm afraid the last few paragraphs I've written are just sleep-deprived gibberish.

I want to make it good since y'all have waited so long! Thanks for your patience!

EDIT: It's not good. But at least I posted yayyy
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon May 28, 2018 9:59 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Awesome post @Wolfical!

So what's the posting schedule like going forward?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue May 29, 2018 4:33 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Jiiinnxxx! :D Great post, @Wolfical! I loved how you ended it. Epic Animorphing Cats to the rescue!

----------

I can try to post next, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to given that summer camps are 1 week away and I'm pretty swamped with prep. But I'll probably be able to find some time next week in the evenings to work on something if things go smoothly.

But if someone else would like to post before me, go right ahead!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue May 29, 2018 6:54 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

I'm going to try to get a post in but I'm not sure when I'll get the chance. I definitely want to get back into this one though!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

93 Reviews

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:30 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey guys, I have the next week off from summer camps for the 4th of July, so I will (finally!) be working on an Animorpher post. I hope to have it up in the next day or two. Sorry for the delay!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:44 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

It's up! I can't believe I haven't done a post since November. That was ages ago. And oh my gosh, there are so many characters right now. lol. Anyway, enjoy!

Please let me know if there's anything I should change or how I wrote anyone's characters (especially Charlotte @Wolfical and Michael @Steggy). Thanks!

P.S. I was reading back through Jinx's last post for reference and the Neon part is priceless. XD

440 Reviews

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:41 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Oooooh fantastic post Lefty! That was so intense!

I'm so proud of Charlotte. She's become so much stronger :3

Haha thank you d:
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:32 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Thanks, @Wolfical!

Yay! I had hoped I'd done Charlotte's character justice. Glad you liked it! :)

--------------

Gosh, I feel really bad for the new peeps and how this storybook started just over a year ago (happy belated birthday SB! *toots birthday horn*) and it took us this long to get to this point. But fortunately, I think the story is caught up to where it needs to be to really start with the next phase. At this point, I think most all of the plans have been completed, and from now on, anything can happen, which is super exciting! So if you guys still want to do this, I'm still totally in. And because anything can happen, I think this could turn into a really awesome, active storybook.

So, is there anyone who would like to post next? I'm not too concerned about "rounds" or people posting in a certain order, so anyone who would like to pick it up is welcome to!

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:32 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Hello all.

So anybody who has written storybooks with me knows that I have a thing for resurrecting storybooks. I PMed Lefty and they said I'm welcome to come back and try to get things kickstarted. So I am going to try working on a post. If anyone is happy to interact with Penny, please let me know.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:18 am
View Likes
Europa says...

I think it's best that I let everyone know here that I've decided to become permanently less active in YWS. This means posts for Riley and Alex will be ver few and far between. If it gets to where I haven't posted for them in a while, im alright with other people posting for them where they feel it's necessary. I'll try to post at least semi-regularly, though.

93 Reviews

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:06 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

As they say, all good things must come to an end. And as we near the new year, I think it would be best to officially bring the Animorphers Storybooks to a close.

When I posted the original storybook over three years ago, I had no idea what to expect or if it would take off at all. I remember posting it before bed, then waking up the next day to find the discussion topic had exploded with activity while I was offline with people eager to join. I was shocked and so excited at what the storybook might bring.

I had the best time chatting on the discussion topic, brainstorming and collaborating and creating this amazing story and fantastic characters with the best people. Laughing too hard at "navy seal" jokes, talking over PM about ideas and characters and generally obsessing over OTPs and getting a little too excited when I'd see a notification that a new post had been submitted.

When I started this storybook, I had very little experience in storybooks at all, so I didn't know what to expect or know what was the norm. Now, looking back on Animorphers, I feel like we struck gold. So many storybooks with great leaders and creative story ideas haven't gotten the attention they deserved, simply because they didn't reach the right people, or those who joined weren't the right mix for what the story needed to thrive. But for Animorphers, every single person brought something special and were so enthusiastic. And for that, I am so, so grateful. I have lived in this world for three years, and I want to thank you all for giving me the opportunity to do so. Without you guys, the storybook never would have made it past page 1.

After three years, 1 officially completed storybook, 1 win for best storybook, and 1 tie for best storybook, we have had an amazing run, and as 2018 comes to a close, it feels like the right time to finally say goodbye to these storybooks.

STATS:
Discussion Topic Posts - 1861
Storybook Posts - 134
Storybook Word Count - 193,914 words

I learned so much through this experience and made some really great friends. Thank you all for these past three years. You are the BEST and I hope we can work together again in the future!

In honor of how we ended 1.0...

Animorphers Everybody!!!!

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:25 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Since we're reflecting on the past, congratulations on the achievements you and your cast attained for the previous storybook, @LeftyWriter! Concluding an SB is fiendishly difficult, so I have no doubt your efforts inspired many. Your enthusiasm and dedication is truly commendable!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

440 Reviews

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:03 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Are we going to have another "blow up the DT until we reach page 100" party? d:

Animorphers was a blast, and it's incredible what we all were able to accomplish! 2.0 reached three pages, and that's super impressive in itself. I have so many fond memories associated with this storybook and the people in it. Thank you so much, Lefty, for being the most enthusiastic dungeon master I've ever had the pleasure of working with, and for inspiring the rest of us (as Hunter said) to reach for the storybook stars! You. Are. Awesome.
and do not be afraid.

“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing