z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:05 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

AstralHunter wrote:Ashton and Cole... are the same person...? "[Because he] tells everyone his name is Cole and prefers to be called by that." Well. Don't I feel embarrassed? XD

↑ I was supposed to have submitted that yesterday, but as @Wolfical and others can attest, I sometimes forget to click that darned submit button. <_<

@Veni, something tells me you'll choose the weasel or any other member of its family (mink, stoat, etc.). :P

Oh, and @LeftyWriter, since I saw the original cast was perfectly balanced regarding gender, and since the trend seemed to continue with the new animorphers, I decided to create a female character. That doesn't matter anymore now that we're seven, but because we are I think you might have to edit your introductory post. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:00 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

No worries, @AstralHunter! A character sort of having two different names is a little confusing. Actually, coincidently, Emma's brother's name is also Ashton. And somewhere along the line in 1.0., a third character was created named Ashton, so then we had three Ashton's and it got really confusing and we had to sort it out. :P I guess Ashton is a popular name. lol

And, yeah, I'll update the original post as soon as everyone is done joining.

@Veni Accepted! Aww, the Barn Swallow is so cute! :D
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:53 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey @Chaser,

I posted an idea I had a few pages back, and I wondered what you thought of it since it's tied to neon:

Spoiler! :
Oh my gosh. GUYS.

What if there was a girl character created that was essentially equal to Neon. Just as smart and crazy. He would have finally met his match. She could turn into a puppy and they could call her the puppy of doom. And she could wear a bandana over her shoulders just like Neon wears his scarf. ADDITION: Like, what if Neon was just totally in awe of this girl. He's just like terrified and fascinated and speechless all at the same time, because he's never met someone else who's on, or even above, his level.

THEY WOULD BE SO CUTE TOGETHER. *falls over*

If you like the idea, I was thinking about making this character. If not, that's totally fine. Just let me know. :P
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:27 pm
View Likes
Veni says...

@AstralHunter I was going to until I saw that otter has already been taken. I didn't want to try compete with the cuteness of an otter (they are so dang adorable) so instead I went for a barn swallow.

@Leftie Thanks they are a pretty sweet bird
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

20 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 pm
View Likes
Veni says...

Would it be recommended to read through 1.0 so that as a newbie I am totally up to date?
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

293 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:50 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

It isn't necessary, but I think it's definitely recommended if you want an in-depth look into the psyche of the older characters. ;)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

93 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:56 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Veni, you're certainly welcome to read through to first storybook if you'd like to. It will definitely give you a better idea of the characters and the story, and everything having to do with the experiment, but I will warn you that the entire storybook came to around 140k words, so I never expected anyone to read the whole thing. :P But it might be a good idea to skim a bit of it to get a feel for it.

You can read the original storybook here: Animorphers or there is a link to a PDF version the the first post of this DT if you'd like to download it.

93 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:34 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

So, if you guys have seen the original storybook, you'll know that I made banners to put at the top of all of the characters posts. And to keep up the trend, I have made banners for all of the new characters, too! So, here's a first look at them. Let me know if you'd like me to change anything about the picture/font/etc used. Thanks!

Alex:
Spoiler! :

Finn:
Spoiler! :

Imani:
Spoiler! :

Joshua:
Spoiler! :

James:
Spoiler! :

Cassandra:
Spoiler! :

293 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:43 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Those look awesome! I haven't read through all the profiles yet, so do we have to provide both the character and the animal's appearances, only the characters', or are both optional?
— Paul the Apostle

93 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:48 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@AstralHunter Thanks!

For the most part, the appearance section is just for their human appearance, but if you'd like to describe what they look like in animal form, you're welcome to. I suppose if you don't want to describe what they look like, you don't have to (making it optional), but it gives everyone a better idea of your character going in if there's a couple lines on their general appearance.

293 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:05 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, of course I'd describe their appearance, I just meant should I include a picture too. Sorry, I should have been clearer. XD
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:09 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@LeftWriter this banner is beautiful.

20 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:26 pm
View Likes
Veni says...

The banners look so awesome :D

― John Green

93 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:44 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@AstralHunter Ohhh my bad. Sorry for misunderstanding. Pictures are optional, but they make things easier for making the banner (especially since I'll know you like the picture given that you chose it) if you had one in mind.

Pinterest is a great place for finding character pics if you have an account. If you type in "character inspiration" there are tons of awesome pictures. But I'm also happy to try and find a fitting picture if you'd just like to write out the description of their appearance.

@Europa and @Veni - Thanks guys! Glad you like them!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:54 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

So, what's the plan for introducing these new characters?

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday