z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:13 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I've been listening to this song a lot lately because I recently rediscovered it and it's amazing. I feel like it really fitting for Animorphers, so I thought I'd post it here. Enjoy!

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

#songoftheday #animorpherssoundtrack
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:19 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I'm always willing to download songs for custom soundtracks for storybooks, so if we do have a #animorpherssoundtrack, that'd be epic!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:34 am
Europa says...

I'd definitely contribute to that!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:13 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Finally posted! Sorry for my hiatus.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:34 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I guess even those of us who aren't Americans have something to celebrate on Thanksgiving Day. :P
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

45 Reviews

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:59 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Finally, Finally, FINALLY posted for Riley! I feel as if the last scene is a bit rushed, but overall its pretty good.

93 Reviews

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:09 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Awesome posts, guys!

I love how all of the new Animorphers are reacting to the chairs slightly differently in their own ways.

And Cileeeeyyy <3

-------

I'll have a Gwen post up tonight.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:34 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Posted! Hopefully it's not too info-dumpy. And yay page 3!

We should probably try to get to the rescue pretty quickly, since there isn't much else that can happen with the new Animorphers until they're rescued. Did someone want to write the rescue? I can also write it if people would like me to. Or we could try to coordinate and come up with a plan and each write a piece of the rescue which could be kind of awesome.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on that!
Last edited by Lefty on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

45 Reviews

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:48 am
Europa says...

@Lefty they'd have to find out there were people there, right? Would they have to run two separate missions then? One when they were trying to destroy it, and then a rescue mission when they find out the new morphers are there?

93 Reviews

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:54 am
Lefty says...

@Europa, yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. They'd probably come up with a plan to plant a bomb in the lab or something, and everything would be going according to plan until they realize kids are there and, on the fly, they have to figure out a way to rescue them/get them out before the lab blows up. I'm definetly open to other ideas too. That's just kind of where my head went with it. Did you have any ideas for it?
Last edited by Lefty on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

93 Reviews

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:59 am
Lefty says...

Also, @Veni were you still interested in posting for Cass?

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:35 am
Gravity says...

Hey, I just have a few questions.

What's a morphing suit?

Also, when are the older animorphers with the protector people thingiemabobs going to rescue us new guys? I can't really post or do anything with Penny until that happens but it seems pretty slow going...

Edit: I just read through the DT posts and saw you guys were talking about getting a move on it! Thanks!

I have a few more questions:
When will the newbies be able to morph?
Can we morph at will or is that something that has to be learned?

Also, Penny is deaf. If anyone mentions her in the rescue she won't have any idea what's going on or be able to follow verbal instructions. She can read lips but in the chaos it'll be too much for her, I would highly suggest someone figuring out a way to get her calm and maybe do it piggy back style?
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:55 am
Wolfi says...

Page threeee! Great post Lefty! :)

I definitely need to get a post done soon so I'll be working on that when I find the time! This week's busy unfortunately but December should be a little bit lighter.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:31 pm
Steggy says...

Once December comes around, I'll start working on a post for Michael. This month has been kind of hectic so next month is a good time to do stuff (excluding finals).
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

93 Reviews

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:34 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Gravity

The morphing suits are something that Neon found in the original lab wayyyy back at the beginning of Animorphers 1.0.. It's basically a black, shiny wetsuit that morphs with them and isn't visible when they're in animal form. It allows them to morph back and forth without having to deal with the awkwardness/inconvenience of losing their clothes.

When the new kids can morph is sort of up to you guys. Just as they're experiencing symptoms from the chairs at different times/intensities, they'll probably morph for the first time in their own way, too. In the original storybook, Jinx was the first one to morph about six days after the chairs. On the flip side, Riley didn't morph until nine days after the experiment. (Technically, Gwen was the last one at 16 days after, but she was sort of the exception)

The first time they morph is always unexpected/uncontrollable. After that, it kind of depends on the person. Some have total control, some might not be able to will themselves to morph at all. Some may be able to morph, but not have control of themselves (the animal side takes over) when they do. Gwen has trouble controlling it to the point where sometimes she has trouble keeping herself from morphing. It really depends on what you want for your character.

Also, the new Animorphers are younger, so it could effect them differently. Maybe it only takes a couple days for it set in for them. Maybe their symptoms from the chairs continually get worse until they morph because it's more of a shock for them. Totally up to you what you want to do.

@Wolfical - Thanks!

Wolfie and @Steggy - Sounds good!

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream