Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:46 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

@LeftyWriter could you approve my character please? XD
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:22 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Steggy - Awesome! Writing other peoples characters can be a challenge. The more you do it, the easier it gets, I think. Usually when reading posts you can little character traits if you read closely. If you're wanting to incorporate some of the other characters into your post, it might be helpful to go back and read some posts where the characters were in similar situations, or rather, where they had to deal with fear/chaos/etc. (exp: The lake house invasion for Layla, turning into a Gazelle for Charlotte, taking down the bullies in the cafeteria for Neon, the bomb site invasion for Cole). Whatever you do with your post and writing other characters, I'm sure it'll be great.

@Gravity you never answered my questions...
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:43 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

I'm so sorry! I didn't even see the questions! @leftywriter

What I was thinking is the Mom would bring her daughter in to the doctor's office and the doctor would recommend an "alternative treatment" where she would go to the facility with the government agent and receive the animorph treatment. I was thinking they would choose Penny because less than 1% of children are born deaf, and they wouldn't pull from the foster system because deaf children in the foster system have a much higher rate of abuse than children without disabilities. Factors like that can be a problem in experiments because if the brain, especially at an age that young, can drastically alter after experiencing trauma, thus affecting the effects of the experiment.

It's a far fetched explanation, but fairly logical in my opinion. I like the idea of Penny being separated from her mother because it would lead to her becoming more independent as a character, even as a little girl. Not only that but it's very difficult for me to imagine writing from the perspective of a 5 year old in the foster care/adoption system. As far as what happens to the Mom after, they could either kill her off to prevent her from trying to get Penny back or blackmail her? Not sure. Maybe you have some ideas?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:21 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@LeftyWriter did you have any ideas on what the people at A.K.C. will tell the kids when it comes time to put them in the chairs?

93 Reviews

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:40 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Gravity - No worries. I'm not sure why they would have chosen her over other candidates, but it doesn't really matter. I'll go ahead and approve the CP. I'm looking forward to reading your first post!

@Europa - I was thinking that they would go with the original story of them being M.I.C.'s (Medical Information Chairs) and that they're new state-of-the-art technology for doing check-ups and that they wanted to make sure the kids were all healthy before finding placements for them.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:50 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Alrighty! I'll start working on my post Saturday!

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:56 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Europa wrote:@LeftyWriter did you have any ideas on what the people at A.K.C. will tell the kids when it comes time to put them in the chairs?

"Here's some candy and $20 for you if you sit in this chair and don't ask questions." :P
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

271 Reviews

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:11 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

It won't let me post in the SB, it made me send you a request. I think it's because the SB is closed, but I'm going to work on a post anyway.

93 Reviews

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey @Gravity. I approved your request. I'll go through the list of everyone tonight and make sure there isn't anyone else whose missing from the list.

45 Reviews

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:59 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@Gravity your character is just about the most adorable little thing in the world!

271 Reviews

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:12 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Aw thank you!!! @Europa

93 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:10 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Nice post, @Europa!

---

I have finally finished Penny's banner! Sorry for the wait, @Gravity. Let me know what you think:

Spoiler! :

---

Do you guys think we should go ahead and move onto round 3? @Steggy, when were you thinking about writing the escape/rebel rescue for the original Animorphers?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:14 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

That's a cute banner! Also, I don't think I'll be able to because I have school nipping at my heels with other things so if someone else wants to, they can. ^^ Though, after that post, I'll try to write a post for Michael, if that's okay?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

93 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:06 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Thanks, @Steggy! Sure, that's fine. I know SB's can be tough to juggle when life gets busy.

Would someone else like to write the escape (@Chaser @HazelGrace16 @Europa @Wolfical)? Or should I go ahead and write something for it?

45 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:09 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I just posted, so I would like to wait a bit before going again

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White