z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:56 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Ugggh, due to unforeseen circumstances, I don't think I can finish my post today. I might be able to finish it on Monday, though I'm also trying to squeeze in my LMS writing and a review. If not, I'll see if I can have it completed by Tuesday. Sorry about that, everyone!
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:43 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@Gravity the older characters are from the first Animorphers. The current age bracket is for the new characters who are being first introduced in 2.0.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:03 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Finished (finally, but at least I had the spare time)! Please tell if the motto is too subtle or too unsubtle; it depends on how well you know Latin and/or the stories you've read, I suppose.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:10 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Very nice post, Fox!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Okay, so my character does have to be 11-14?
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:14 pm
JustJasper says...

Yes @Gravity
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:37 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Gravity, I think most of us went for 14 (I know I did), but I think it was reasnoably balanced. Fourteen might be your best bet, though.

I'm sorry for not saying much - I've recently been logging on only after intervals of two to three days, so I forgot to check up on this. I'll try to catch up on the posts during the week and then submit one myself. I'll inform everyone of its content before I write it, of course.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

271 Reviews

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:47 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Actually, this might sound odd.

I had a character idea. A little girl, about 5 or 6 years old, maybe 7, who is an orphan with cancer. She would willingly participate in the labs thinking it was a new form of chemotherapy, until she realizes the true intent. I thought for her age to make sense in the storyline, since younger children are more resilient to cancer, that the scientists also want to see if the change in DNA can cure serious illnesses. They would want a patient as young as possible because generally with serious illnesses like that, the younger a child is the more likely they are to survive.

Idk. I passed my angsty preteen years, but I've never written from the perspective of a little girl. I thought she could become a little sister type character to some, if not all of the other characters, as a kind of glue to hold everybody together since there's so many. If you're not down with the idea then I'll try to create a charrie between the ages of 11-14, but it's really not something I relish the idea of.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:28 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Gravity - I would be fine with a younger character, but I'd rather her not be sick. Kids being experimented on is already pretty intense--adding a serious illness into the mix might be a bit much. But I might be open to something a little less intense, like her being deaf or something, which isn't life-threatening and could be fixed with the experiment.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

271 Reviews

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:33 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

@leftywriter

Yes, that could be cool! I love that idea. Maybe she slowly regains her hearing as the nanobites begin to work.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:54 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Awesome post, Fox! I just got my computer replaced yesterday, and I'll start working on a post!
@LeftyWriter, since it's been established that everyone's there, what should happen next at the new lab? Something along the lines of a school orientation or welcoming committee?

271 Reviews

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:46 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

I submitted my character profile and will do my first post as soon as it is approved!

93 Reviews

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:37 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been very active. I started working again and my sister has needed me to start working for her again amongst other things, so I've been quite busy.

@Gravity, everything about your CP looks great and I can tell already that I'm going to love this character. But I have some concerns about the fact that she's not an orphan like the others. Where does her mom think she's taking her when she's brought to the lab. Also, what will happen when they're taken in by the rebels and the mom has no idea what happened to her 5-year-old daughter?

@Europa I'm going to start working on a post for Jared right now. I'm not sure a welcoming committee would make sense given that it wouldn't make sense for them all to get there at the same time. They're being told that this is essentially a half-way point between the orphanage and a foster home or adoptive family, so they would each be brought in one-by-one.

I'm not entirely certain what I'm going to do in my post, but hopefully it will offer some direction for future posts.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:59 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Finally posted! Sorry for the wait, guys.

@Europa and @Oswin1800, let me know if I portrayed your characters badly or if there's anything you'd like me to change!

----

I realized that it's sometimes difficult to write other peoples characters, especially at the beginning because they've been written so little that it's hard to know how they would act and react to things. When we started Animorphers 1.0., we posted character relationships on the DT so we had an idea of how the characters would act around each other. I know none of the new Animorphers really know each other, but I thought it might be a good idea to post what our characters think of the others. Like first-impressions sort of. What do you guys think?

----

@Veni, are you still planning to join in?

----

Also, is anyone interested in writing the escape for the original Animorphers?

EDIT: And page 2! Yay!

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I think that's a good idea of doing first impressions! For the reasons you listed and it could give our characters a bit of background towards how they might've met/known the others.

Also, I want to write about how the Animorphers escape but I don't know how to write other characters (I lack kind of in that sort of area).
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily