z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@LeftyWriter: Thanks! I added the banner! I'm surprised I didn't notice the image link on the first post of the DT; I'm usually more attentive than that. XD
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:07 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Rydia - I only used the old picture on the first post with all of them because it's smaller and when I tried to use the one on the banner, you couldn't see it all that well, but the banners are much bigger and the new picture it works great for those.

@TheSilverFox No worries! The picture links weren't always on the first post. I think I added them a week ago or so, so they certainly haven't always been there.

Also, finally got my Layla post up. Sorry it's so long. I'm trying to get the Animorphers 1.0. storyline to meet up with the Animorpher 2.0. storyline so there was quite a bit that needed to happen. Let me know if I should change anything. I wasn't sure if we ever officially decided on F.U.S.E. capturing them and the Protectorate rescuing them since I didn't get a lot of feedback when I talked about the idea, but I wasn't sure what to do otherwise, so let me know if you 1.0.'s are opposed to it and I can try to figure something else out.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:27 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I'm a little behind with reading the posts but the ones I've read so far are fabulous and I'll get to finishing them and working on my post after Review Day!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:32 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

@leftywriter a list would be great. Are we allowed to make more than one charrie? I can do vellichors charrie and mine, but if thats too much then I'd rather create my own
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

93 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:26 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

No problem @Gravity. Here's the list:

Spoiler! :

Lion
Tiger
Lynx
Calico Kitten
Thomson's Gazelle
Okapi
Capuchin Monkey
Timber Wolf
Cape Fox
Dingo
Barn Owl
Martial Eagle
Barn Swallow
Grizzly Bear
Rabbit
Otter
King Cobra

If you would like to take on both characters, you're welcome to. But if you'd prefer to just make a new character and focus on that one, that's absolutely fine. We technically ended up with more new characters than we originally planned on, so we're not in need of more characters unless someone preferred to make two. So it's completely up to you.

-----------

That also reminds me, Hattable PMed me and let me know that something came up and that he won't be able to participate in the SB.

So if Gravity adds a character and Hattable and Vellichor are no longer going to write their characters, we'll have an equal 8 new Animorphers.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:36 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

...Of which two can totally be killed off, bringing us back to the original plan of six. :P

EDIT: Actually, we're already at nine new ones. Another would make it ten. We could even create an eleventh one to match the number of letters in "Animorphers", matching the banner LeftyWriter made.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

93 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:50 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

We were at nine before two people dropped out. So if one joined in it would even it to eight. We could technically kill off those characters if we wanted to (and if the original creators are okay with that).

Although there were originally 11 Animorphers, there was really only 10 because Ryker was only posted for twice.

The number of characters we currently have is a bit overwhelming as it is, so I'm not sure it would be a good idea to add anymore than we already have.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:03 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I'll start writing a post for Riley!

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:28 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@LeftyWriter: This is definitely a coincidence (and likely involves two different locations), but you mention that Layla is caught outside of a library. I can't help but wonder if that was Mike/Mikhail's library, and whether or not he saw the entire thing unfold. The real matter is whether he contacts the authorities and tells them he saw a fox turn into a girl, or eschew coffee entirely. :P

On a more serious note, there's always the chance he's taken in by authorities, because they'd rather leave as few witnesses as possible (even if those said witnesses could easily be brushed aside as crazy), or tries to contact somebody he knows. Perhaps Joshua, as he'd be more likely (but not by much) than most people to believe. This might never be an actual plot point, as it could totally be a different library, but I wanted to raise a hypothetical.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

93 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:59 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@TheSilverFox Haha, I didn't even realize. :P It was a total coincidence, but that's a really interesting idea. If you'd like it to be the same library and have him see the whole thing, you'r certainly welcome to. It would be really interesting if he got a glimpse into everything before he was brought in, and that would also mean that later, he would recognize Layla, which is kind of cool. :D

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:58 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'll try to write a post for Michael, once I read over the storybook posts first. :P
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

45 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:34 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Ladies and gentlemen. We welcome you to the very first episode of...As The Animorphers Turn.(Disregard the Spanish subtitles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4uQqyRyb7A

On a more business relate note, I'm going to be leaving soon to go to camp, so I might not be on for a while. I'll try to get my post up ASAP.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:36 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

What was that? xD
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:24 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

This might be the longest SB post I've ever written. Sorry for any typos, I was eager to post it and didn't proofread.

I've been thinking, and I wanted to do a little more with Cameron, Janey's boyfriend. He was mentioned once and then kind of ignored in the first one, and I'd rather not leave him a loose end. In 1.0 someone, I don't remember who, brought up the idea of Mr. Neil being a super powerful Animorpher. While that might not have worked out, I do like the idea of a dangerous Animorpher. I was thinking Cameron would fit well. He's around nineteen now, but he might have gotten the treatment when he was closer to their age. I'm aware that's years before the experiment actually took place, and I actually had a plan for that as well that explains why they specifically wanted teenaged test subjects in the first place.
When the chair was first completed, they might have needed to know what age group would handle the treatment best. Too young, and the strain might just kill them instantly. Too old and the foreign DNA would be rejected by the host's body. So they scoop up a bunch of people (Most likely homeless/orphans) of all different ages and run the experiment on them. Cameron was one of the only subjects to survive.
With Cameron we might also be able to explore what an Animorpher would be like when left under the influence of the government. Cameron is their first success story, which means he's also gone through their whole molding/brainwashing process. We could have him go after the new Animorphers and try to get them back to where F.U.S.E can keep an eye on them. Sort of manipulate some of them into thinking their safer with him than the older morphers.
I'm undecided on what his animal would be, but I have the list narrowed down to some pretty good choices. Whatever he is, expect something scary dangerous.

Any thoughts? Opinions?

93 Reviews

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:40 pm
Lefty says...

That was an amazing post, @Europa! I loved every bit of it. :D

I really like that idea. I could totally see them coming across this evil-Animorpher they didn't know existed and be completely thrown for a loop when they realize they're not the only ones. What animals did you have in mind?

The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats