z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Yay!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 am
Lefty says...

Great post, @Europa!

------

I'll try to have mine up for Layla sometime this week. :D
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:17 am
Gravity says...

@Lefty are you okay with me writing a post in which Layla finds Penny and Penny hides in her pocket? My plan was to have Penny morph into a mouse from fear of the attack and crawl into Layla's pocket for a few days until Layla eventually coaxes Penny out with food and soothes her until she can morph back. I thought maybe Layla could be Penny's go to, maybe Layla would be willing to learn sign language and work with Penny's language skills as she gradually regains her hearing? If the last part seems like too much that's cool, but at least the pocket part? I figured Layla might watch over Penny because of Layla's little brother and weakness for helping people in need.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

93 Reviews

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:17 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Gravity - Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. Work has had me swamped this past week and I've also been sick the last few days with a cold. Any who...

It's fine if you want Penny to morph at the lab and have Layla sneak her out in her pocket.

The rest of it might work with Layla. Layla has her soft spots, which often make her feel vulnerable and in those moments, she usually reacts with anger or reluctance. Layla is probably the least openly-sentimental girl of the group, so having her sooth and coax Penny might be an out-of-character thing for her to do depending on the circumstances.

I could see it being done in a way that, Penny latches on to Layla for whatever reason (maybe because she was the one who rescued her) and follows her around like a puppy dog, much to Layla's annoyance. Over time, Penny might win her over, but it would be a reluctant relationship until Penny could break through to her, probably because of Layla's soft spot for her brother. When it comes to teaching her sign-language, Layla might try that out of frustration of not being able to communicate... and might soften up over time.

Did you want to write your post before or after my Layla post? Either way is totally fine. Just let me know. :)
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

271 Reviews

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:33 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

@Lefty I can go ahead and hammer out a post, but it will be super short.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:29 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

So I'm confused,@Lefty and @Gravity who's doing the next post?

93 Reviews

Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:46 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I believe @Gravity is posting next. Sorry that I didn't clarify/respond to Gravity sooner. I've had a sinus infection from the last week and a half and have been pretty out of it. Feeling a lot better now, but my mom went back to the hospital today, so my time on here might continue to be limited for a little while.

As far as I know, Gravity is posting next, then me, then possibly Wolfie since she'll probably return soon after Easter.

93 Reviews

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:43 am
Lefty says...

How's that post coming, @Gravity?

271 Reviews

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:18 am
Gravity says...

It's not @Lefty I'm really really sorry.

I've been so bogged down with school, I don't think I can do this storybook anymore. I love you all and wish you the best.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:09 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Hey guys! I'll be going next. It might take a couple weeks, but it shall come!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 pm
Europa says...

So what are we going to do with Penny?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:41 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The most convenient and appalling thing to do would be... nothing. (Read between the lines.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

93 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2018 2:55 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I'm back! For those who don't follow me, I posted on my wall:

Today was my last day at work before taking the summer off to focus on summer camps again this year, so I will be responding to everyone I've been meaning to get back to for ages. I'm sorry it's taken me so long. Now that I have a little less on my plate, I should have more time to jump on for a few weeks.

@Gravity - I'm sorry you have to drop out, but I understand. I hope school stuff becomes less stressful for you over the summer.

@Wolfical - Yay! *pulls up chair*

@Europa & @BrumalHunter - Given that Penny was only posted for a couple of times and never actually interacted with any of the characters, I think it would probably be easiest to just say she wasn't one of the new Animorphers and continue on as if she hadn't been in the storybook.

Also, since @Veni has seemed to disappear, I think we should continue as though Cass isn't in it either, and maybe we can fit her back in later if Veni comes back.

Which would officially make all of the new Animorphers:

Alex, Finn, Josh, Imani, Jaye, and Jared.

Also, we've had several original Animorphers peeps disappear since 2.0. started, so if any of you decide to officially drop out, you're welcome to post here or PM me and let us know what you would like to do with your character (become NPC, have someone take them over, character deaths, etc)... Thanks! It'll just help to know with planning and how best to move the story forward. :)

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon May 07, 2018 4:39 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Glad to have you back, Lefty! <3

@Europa, shall we collab this weekend? I have prom on Saturday, but I think I'm good to go on Friday or Sunday.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2018 5:06 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@Wolfical that should work for me!

Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe.
— John Milton (Poet)