z

Young Writers Society

Le Cirque d'Avalon DT

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:05 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

Depending on how many others sign up and on how many people join the other SB I'm currently in, I might make another character as well!
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:10 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

That's cool. I think the maximum characters per user in this SB should be two. As long as people can post frequently enough for both characters I won't mind at all :)

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:05 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'm prolly creating one + one NPC, but that second one might be a character on her own right. Still debating on that.
'Slow ageing? Awesome! Well that helps a lot for those who ant it, lol.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

92 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:31 am
AvantCoffee says...

Oh yeah, I was thinking that maybe NPC characters from the circus could be bonded to Minor Arcana cards (and there are 56 of those... so we won't run out very soon ;P). That way there could be more available character slots for main characters.

Also, I approved your character @Chaser :) His ability is very interesting, and I like that he researched the circus before! If he plans to escape the circus at some point, perhaps allying with another card would help boost his chances?

40 Reviews

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:41 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@CoffeeCat!
Character Page for Gracovitz has been created!

The second one, for Limona, shall come in probably tomorrow. She's totally a character in her own right, so I'd call dibs on Temperance for her.
If we have an overload of happy customers coming here to consume this SB, however, I can negociate her into a Minor Arcana card instead. Hope that sounds good!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

92 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:22 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

I approved Gracovitz, @Tortwag :3 I love the smile carving thing he does! I'm curious to know the psychological reason behind it... *spirals down a dark hole of possibilities*

And it's good to have some racial/cultural variety in the SB, since the circus travels all over the place. The circus picks up new members from anywhere!

40 Reviews

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:35 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@CoffeeCat I saw, m'dear! Thank you for approving it, and glad you like that concept already :D
Heeheeheehee, that shall be answered eventually :3
*Watches Cat's descent in Possibility Dark Holes* ... I need a spiralling gif for that image.

Agreed! Which is why I'm glad to work on middle eastern clothing style for him, and have Limona be Asian, I haven't worked with these enough yet. (I don't count Grcovitz being black only because I'm black myself, so y'know, it makes working on that a bit easier)

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:48 am
View Likes
comrie says...

Hello! I think this storybook has a really interesting concept and I'd like to join if possible? I already started creating a character, but I'm still working on a few things for them. I can try posting my profile later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

40 Reviews

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Though I am not the dungeon master here, allow me to welcome you in our ranks, @comrie :D Here's to hope your future character will be a great source of writing experience and entertainment for ya. Cheers!

92 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:54 am
AvantCoffee says...

@comrie Cool! You're more than welcome :)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:59 am
View Likes
RedBird says...

Huzzah for more people! This shall be a most enjoyable story to spin with you all!
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

92 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

On another note, I've asked this before when storybook managing and I'll ask it again here: In order to spread the word and get more interest in this storybook, would any of you (@RedBird, @Tortwag, @Chaser, @comrie) care to advertise it on the YWS site? I've found this to be really effective in the past.

You can copy and paste this as a comment on your profile wall:
Code: Select all
[center][url=https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?t=107244&view=unread#unread][img]http://orig13.deviantart.net/7d6c/f/2017/164/4/1/circus_sb___bannerr_by_tinkinova-dbckhg8.png[/img][/url]
^click on the image^
We need more participants![/center]

Don't feel like you have to, though. It just might speed up the process is all :)

40 Reviews

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:33 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@CoffeeCat As you've come to realize, I happen to be a decent user of attention-seeking distractions :3 Therefore, I shall use this opportunity to try my luck at doing just that right after I'm done with Limona's CT, which will be today.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:18 pm
View Likes
comrie says...

Thanks for the welcome, guys! First storybook, so I'm excited about that.

I just posted my character's profile, CoffeeCat. And sure I can advertise on my profile! The more people, the merrier~

92 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:48 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@comrie I approved her :) She is very lovely, and fits The Star card perfectly!

"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov