Young Writers Society

Le Cirque d'Avalon DT

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:09 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@Tortwag Yeah, I was considering doing that, since there's quite a bit. I'll get round to it :)

@PrincessInk My character Monsieur Beaumont both wins and loses Arcana Battles, but his battle opponent forgets the battle regardless of the outcome. If they win against him, they'll know because they'll have a new 'card tattoo' of his Roman numeral.

And your character's ability sounds fine because of what Twaggy said, but also because the battles can be anything. If the Arcana Battles were only battles of magic, then I might see that as godmodding. But because battles can be as mundane as seeing who can eat the most cotton candy without throwing up (don't do that; it sounds dangerous), then your character's ability to manipulate magic won't necessarily make her more able to win the Arcana Battles compared to others.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:28 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Thanks for your answers, @Tortwag and @CoffeeCat! I submitted my CP. If there's anything I need to change about her, let me know and I'll be happy to comply :D
always daydreaming, always clumsy

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:24 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

I compiled all the storybook info from the DT in the first DT post. Most of it is the same, however I did include some extra information about the circus found at the bottom of the post, which I'll state here as well:

The circus has a very dreamy and mystical atmosphere, with lots of secret tents and rooms with cryptic purposes. The circus' appearance takes on elements of King Arthur's legend, Avalon island, and other medieval ideas. It seems to mysteriously travel from town to town via thick mists. The mists conceal the circus during the day when it is closed, and if outsiders of the circus were to try and find it in the mists during the day, they would get lost and find themselves back where they started.

The circus is almost a century old. It was created at the start of the 1800s, and the storybook is currently set in the mid-1870s. How it was created and how the curse came to be is a mystery to most people.

I read and approved your character, @PrincessInk :) PM me some time and we can talk about her historical involvement in the circus.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:37 pm
Europa says...

Just checking, did we have a set date to start?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:50 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Year 1874, but aside that, I believe the SB begins at the beginning of the year in cannon.

As for us, well, we can start writing this week, but I'd rather let our wonderful coffee-bound DM start the festivities with the first post :3

*Because SB traditions*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

92 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:02 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

That's right. It is officially the start of the week... but I've been catching up with unexpected work stuff these past days and haven't had time to write a post yet.

But do not despair! I already know what I want to write for my first SB post, and will get it up either tomorrow or the next day at the very latest.

40 Reviews

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Which means that we shall patiently wait for you to post and prepare ours in the meantime. Slow and steady starts for the win!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:41 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Yay! I finally got the first SB post up XD It took longer than I intended, but now we can get this show started! I'm excited, you're excited, we're all excited

The first post is a prologue set in the early century, and it relates to the backstory of the circus. The proceeding posts will all be set in the current year of the SB (1874).

I'll be writing another post for my second character some time soon, in which she joins the circus and gawks at almost everything.
Last edited by AvantCoffee on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:01 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Excited? Very much. TIIIIIME TO READ!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:01 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Currently I'm working on a post for another SB, but I'll write a post up for Eve ASAP

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:25 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

I will also have some stuff up soon!
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:10 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

AAAAAAAND SO WILL I <3

92 Reviews

Supporter

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:59 pm
RedBird says...

Thanks!
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:14 pm
View Likes
comrie says...

The posts are so good, you guys! I'm definitely excited for this story.

By the way, I am finishing up my post today. I've been going back and forth with a lot of things, but I plan to post before the day ends no matter what.

CoffeeCat, I feel like my character would be a pre joined member. I've sort of written her that way and didn't realize it until this last bit of the post. And thinking about it, it makes sense. Is it fine to change her to 1?

Keep the magic coming, guys!

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte