z

Young Writers Society

Le Cirque d'Avalon DT

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:20 pm
View Likes
comrie says...

Thanks! And awesome! I wasn't sure if I picked a card that would fit her and would have asked for suggestions for a different card if The Star card didn't work for her. I would've just adjusted her. But yay I'm glad you think she does!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:50 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

I think I'm going to make a second character, if that's alright! Will post later today/tomorrow.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:39 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@Tortwag @RedBird I approved both of your second characters :)

And it's great that Pav helps Nora with the circus animals, RedBird! She will probably do all the talking, though XD

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:41 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'm kind of interested in joining this.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:16 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Friendly wave
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

61 Reviews

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:05 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

It would be wonderful to have you! :)
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

92 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:04 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

I've recently been working on the secret backstory behind the circus and the curse, which has made me super excited for this storybook!

I'm proposing to start this SB by early next week. Until then, I suggest contemplating the relationships your character/s might have with the other SB characters :)

61 Reviews

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:15 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

Yay! That sounds like a good start time!
And I would love to explore Pav being/getting close to Nora! As for Lish, I think it would be interesting for her to be someone who wants to understand the more mysterious people, like Gracovitz and Arthur, but is consistently rebuffed.
~Snape, AVPM

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:53 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Dibbs on magician!

45 Reviews

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:35 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

You guys wouldn't happen to have any ideas on how to put a limit on incorporeality, would you? Because given the context of the story that's really not fair.

To clarify, My character has no physical form, and is a shapeshifter.

61 Reviews

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:40 pm
RedBird says...

Maybe their true form is incorporeal and can't be harmed, but when they shift into something else, that form can be harmed/affected?
~Snape, AVPM

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:39 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

Question: When someone leaves the circus, do their Arcana powers stay behind? Would someone else take the card, and could someone come back and, if this was the case, take a different card?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:56 am
AvantCoffee says...

@Europa Welcome! I'll approved your character. And due to the unlimited possibilities of an Arcana Battle, there are sure to be plenty of battles that each character will struggle with, no matter their ability. I see you have included in your CT that her incorporeal form becomes painful after some time. If you wanted another limit, perhaps her form sometimes has difficulty with contacting the physical, such that picking up objects and such?

The universal limit of the characters is the circus' boundaries. Additional to this setting restriction is one of the storybook rules I have included, which is no godmodding.

@Chaser To answer your question, yes! Their powers only exist within the circus boundaries; once they leave, their ability stays behind, making them the normal person they were before joining the circus. This consequence might add reluctance to those who are considering leaving the circus, because they are essentially choosing between magic and the real world.

Someone else would be able to take a leaving character's Arcana card after they leave. However, if that leaving person were to return, the circus curse would 'analyse' which character's spirit is most similar to the card. If the card is still better fitted to the previous owner, then it will be snatched from the newer owner, who will have theirs replaced with another. If the card is better aligned with the newer owner, it will remain theirs, and the previous owner would be given another. It comes down to the spirit of individuals.

45 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:03 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@CoffeeCat actually its staying in corporeal form that is painful. Her incorporeal form is a replacement of her actual body, a mold for another form to fit around.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:21 am
AvantCoffee says...

Oh, I see XD My bad! That makes for a much better limit, then.

HONK
— The Golden Goose