Obscurities DT

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:42 am
Mageheart says...

I'm not sure if you've seen my last couple of wall posts, but I'm currently on vacation. I haven't had much time to come on the website because of it. I'll try to come on more tomorrow morning and write a better DT post up on my laptop instead of my phone.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:40 am
Mageheart says...

Since not everyone has replied to the DT yet with their decision on remaining as a part of the storybook or not, I'm going tag everyone. Please reply in the DT if you're still interested in Obscurities. I won't be upset if you aren't. If you don't reply in the next three days, I'm going to assume that you're not interested. I'll delete your character - though I'll save a copy of them on my computer just to be on the safe side - and ask other people to fill in your position.

@Sheyren
@CoffeeCat
@EldritchArchivist
@jimss23
@Kelpies

Also, if you do stay, @jimss23, I have a question for you. I think your character is really interesting, but I was wondering if you'd be alright if they were a teacher instead of the principal. It's not that I have any problems with them! And I know that I said earlier that I wanted to see if anyone wanted to play the role of principal, but now I'd feel more comfortable if I was the one playing that role since they would have a lot of control over the events of the storybook.

If you don't want to give that role up, I completely understand.

Assuming that you're still interested, of course.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:41 am
Mageheart says...

I'm sorry for the double post, but I just realized I needed to add something. I'll create a challenge once I get my first post up and once I know who is going to be involved with this storybook.
mage

queer and here.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:06 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Yo! I'm still interested in this.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:29 pm
View Likes
jimss23 says...

Crap! No lie, with work and all that I had completely forgot. Yes that's fine. He works either way.
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:33 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I'm still interested!
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I can get a new principal up by the end of the day.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Since I didn't get a principal up by the end of the day, like I said I would, I'll try getting one up today. I'm sorry for the delay in both my post and the new characters. I was on vacation and it completely slipped my mind.

It looks like everyone is still interested in doing this storybook, so I'll try getting the first post and challenge up today as well as the new characters. Then we can discuss the plot of the storybook and where we should go from here.

I'm really excited about starting this storybook up in the very near future!

While you wait for the stuff for this storybook, I suggest checking out the glossary again and the reading up on the characters.
mage

queer and here.

Reviews: 4
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:15 pm
View Likes
EldritchArchivist says...

Yep. Still doing it btw.
And I can't wait to get started!!!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The principal and her obscurity are up, so I suggest checking them out! I'm currently working on the first post for this storybook. Both it and the first challenge for this story should be up an hour from now.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The first post, as well as the challenge, is now up! Please check both of those out. I'll put the relevant parts of the challenge at the bottom of this post, though all of you should have gotten the notification for the challenge already.

@EldritchArchivist, since your characters were included in my post, would you like to be the next person to post? Also, how I do writing your characters?

For the plot of this storybook, I was thinking it could start off focusing on the school experience for a round or two of posts. Then we could introduce a group of antagonists that wants to use the power of obscurities to satisfy their own goals - by forcefully ripping apart the shadow and its host. What does everyone think about that plot?

Spoiler! :
The Challenge: Introductions of the Normal and Abnormal

The story - as well as the school year - begins! With everyone filing into Heathermont Academy, it's time to meet the cast. Make sure to sure both the character in your post as well as their host/obscurity, since a big part of who they are is determined by their respective partner. Also, since people usually have mixed feelings on the start of the school year, it may be wise to show how they feel about the story's educational institute.

Completion Time: 12 posts

Credits Awarded: The first point is for posting in the storybook. The second is for including your character's host/obscurity in it, depending on which character you decide to write for in your post. The third point is if you include their thoughts on the start of the school year. And the fourth point you can receive is if your post exceeds five hundred words.
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

Reviews: 4
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:38 pm
View Likes
EldritchArchivist says...

@saentiel that sounds great! Also you did spectacularly!

Re: the antagonists. Would they have obscurities too? If so (*whispers* make one pair gayyyyyyyyy)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I loved your post, @EldritchArchivist! Don't forget to claim your points for the challenge. I think you'd get all four of them for it.

I feel like the antagonists would be aware of them but wouldn't have them because they would be more caring towards them if they were; my thoughts were that the antagonists aren't evil, per say. They just want the power that obscurities have. Since they've never gotten to know obscurities well and don't understand the risks, they seem like very bad people. Are they great people? No. But they're probably not completely evil. (So I don't think a certain shadow and his host would work here.)

Who would like to post next? There's @Sheyren, @CoffeeCat, @jimss23, and @Kelpies left. Since CoffeeCat's character is Shey's character's host, I think CoffeeCat should go before him. But, other than that, I don't think the order matters.

By the way, if anyone wants to bump into Rin, Will, Amber and Eowyn, please do! I'm sure Eldritch will agree with me when I say that we'd be happy to have our characters with other ones'
mage

queer and here.

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat