z

Young Writers Society

Battle School DT

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:19 pm
SacredPen says...

I'll have to look more into Sullivan's sword, but Iolas is, as he said, a highly skilled mage, and one of the ideas was that every time Sacred encountered something he felt he couldn't deal with, Iolas would try and help him out to preserve his host body. This is supposed to develop as the book progresses into Sacred knowing his limits as well as those of his spirits, but if Iolas is a bit broken for early game, let me know, and I'll decide another route to take him.

@jimss23
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:27 pm
jimss23 says...

https://discord.gg/zMMTEb

Here is the server address
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

52 Reviews

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:33 pm
jimss23 says...

Sullivan's sword is dumb OP starting out. I mean, he basically has a lightsaber. I don't want him slicing through everyone's weapons and armor right off the bat so I wanted to even the playing field. Also, since Sullivan can't really use a lot of other techniques, he will be at a major disadvantage when compared to y'alls characters.

-Jim

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:09 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@jimss23 That's only OP if he pulls out his sword to begin with, though, or if he isn't disarmed.
If you don't know about the skill, obviously he'll have the chance to pull out his sword, but dodge enough to get the guy's pattern (especially if you're used to Swordfighting in general) and you're fine against him. I'm pretty sure many pupils can deal with that even though the damage is ridiculous.

So yeah I guess that's where the disadvantage comes from he "just" has the strongest offense. Fun!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm
Terian805 says...

Killian is such a ladies man haha :D
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

31 Reviews

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 pm
Terian805 says...

OK I'm confused. In the SB is it the morning after the meal at sundown, or not? Are the tests going to take place today??

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:30 pm
SacredPen says...

That is rather confusing, I admit. My post was written as if it were afternoon, I believe.
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

31 Reviews

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:55 pm
Terian805 says...

Yeah I suppose. It was a great post but perhaps you could make it more obvious that it's ate breakfast time or something?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:33 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

We may want to start having a day + time system to make it more clear to everyone, to be fair, that should make things easier.

The frog race. THE. FREAKIN'. FROG RACE. ← Twas cute.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:21 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Apologies for the shortness of the post; I'll be on vacation without a computer for the next week, and I couldn't finish my audition post in time. So, I'll just post what I wrote within the opening dinner time-frame. Such and such, enjoy this filler of stomachs being filled.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

176 Reviews

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:31 am
MariaRowlands says...

Hey. Am I able to join? or is it too late? You guys have given me a great idea for an old character of mine to revamped.
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

52 Reviews

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:45 pm
jimss23 says...

You are always free to join! Jump right in!

-Jim

176 Reviews

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:54 pm
sheysse says...

Welcome aboard, @MariaRowlands! Are you interested in joining the Discord Server for this SB? (If so, here's the link >>> https://discord.gg/nNXDpR5)

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain