z

Young Writers Society

Battle School DT

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:59 pm
MariaRowlands says...

I can try and be on that as much as possible but I have never used it....
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:02 pm
sheysse says...

No worries! It's not a particularly active server... We just use it to message each other in real time when we have an idea or a question.

14 Reviews

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:05 pm
MariaRowlands says...

Question. I know an awful lot about crystals. Can my characters's specialty be based around that? As in elemental magic though crystals. Only certain crystals will create certain magic. Like Sapphire and Lapis would be water crystals. Diamond would be ice. Ruby and Garnet would be fire. But the basis for all of them is earth magic. Is that possible?

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:39 pm
Terian805 says...

That sounds slightly OP having it related to different elements. It's an interesting idea though, I mean my character gains super strength from a form of earth magic. Maybe you could make it very specific powers that she gains but make them still limited. I don't know however, I'm not the DM :D
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

14 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:33 am
MariaRowlands says...

It's very limited. Any crystal with an affinity for fire will never catch on fire. It can glow and shed just enough light to see in the dark but the thing is that the more magical energy in the crystal the hotter it gets therefore if you throw one with enough energy stored at something flammable, it will cause a fire. But to do that takes a lot of power. Basically I based this idea around a need for survival in the wild. Any crystal with water affinity is basically a glorified water rod. It will help find pure drinking water above and below ground. Any crystal that Scarlett her self forms will however, will move and form to her will. But only to an extent. Like bullets. Can only move in one direction once shot and can be dodged. Basically any crystal not formed by Scarlett is a glorified magic container.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:50 am
jimss23 says...

As long as you don't make it too OP then it sounds fine to me.
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:29 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Agreed, it all depends how you describe it and have your character use it in battle. The first part of the test will be a great way for you to put some balance in that power of yours, @MariaRowlands.

Also, welcome to the party!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:23 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double-posting for the sake of announcing that I haz posted at last!

Zoness will be next, but in the meantime, y'all can go! @Chaser if I didn't portray Oz that well, you know what to do :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)