z

Young Writers Society

999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine Doors DT

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:53 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

D'you guys have room for one more? I can try to get a character sheet in by tonight, if so

Oh, whoops, Iggy beat me, never mind haha
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:34 am
AvantCoffee says...

@Hattable I haven't seen Sassafras around lately, so perhaps if it stays that way you could take her place? I'll let you know.

@Iggy That would be wonderful! :D I'll add you to the character slots. I don't expect you to make a character instantly, but if you could create one soon I would love you muchly.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:37 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Wheee! I'll work on it after dinner.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:00 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

And it's doneeee.

She's a bit of a brat, sorry y'all. If someone needs to die, it'll probably be her xD
- Lewis Carroll

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:12 am
AvantCoffee says...

Haha oh yeah xD She's a real nasty one. I'm sure she'll make a big deal out of being given the number 1 (because she's the queen bee, obviously).

Everything about her is great, except all the characters in this SB are going by code names that correlate to their number. From the top of my head, some ideas might be "Gold" (like first place in a competition), "Sunny" (the Sun is the first celestial body of the solar system order), or "Uno" (like the card game). If you can think of something else that correlates you can use that instead. Once your character has a new code name I can approve her.

------

In other news, I'm like 99.999999999% (oh snap, that nine motif) done writing my first character post, and I will release it sort-of-soon.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:33 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Sure, I guess I could do that, but in the future, it might be best to specify that in the character app or the opening post xD unless you did and I missed it.

Went ahead with Bee, since that's the only thing I could think of. Like queen bee.

Edit: actually NO. I'm gonna be sterotypical and go with Alpha lol
- Lewis Carroll

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Sure, sorry. It was more of a spontaneous thing we discussed in earlier DT posts xD I'll remember that for next time though.

I approved your character ^_^

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:58 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Really nice post, Coffee! Your writing is awesome.

Who's at the other end of the line? Anyone?

Also, is there any posting order?
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:30 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Thanks! Whew, that's a relief... I wasn't sure how engaging it was, given all the explanations and confusion I had to include xD

Ah yes, I expected you may be wondering about that telephone, and I'll shall tell you what I have planned...

Welcome to the first Nonary Game challenge!

Each character has an old telephone in their cabin that looks like this (sort of):

They were used in the early 1900s, and at the base of the phone is a dial of numbers ranging from 1 to 9 (the number 0 is blacked out for each telephone). By dialling a particular number, your character calls the cabin of the character whose number it belongs to. If you call your own number, nothing happens. Same when dialling zero.

Next to each telephone is a slip of paper with the pin code for a cabin door... but not the code for your character's cabin! It is the code for another character's door.

This challenge requires all the characters to work together to escape their individual cabin rooms. Your character must call up the other characters until they find the character who has their cabin number. For your convenience, the slip of paper has written the numbered cabin your pin code belongs to.

We will probably need to assign who has which character's pin code, unless you would prefer to free style ;)

------

As for posting order, @Sheyren offered to go after me. If you would like, @Wolfical, you could post after him :)
Last edited by AvantCoffee on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:39 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I think assigned pin codes would be best!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:58 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Ehhhh, from past experience, assigned posting doesn't work so well. Sometimes, waiting on a person to post can cause everyone else to lose their muse. I would personally prefer we let whomever wants to post, post.
- Lewis Carroll

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:02 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

I have to agree with @Wolfical on the pin codes. I would imagine the best, cleanest way of doing this is for me to just pair up the characters randomly. So...

Cabin 9 (Fox) and Cabin 7 (Pleiades) have each others' pin codes
Cabin 1 (Alpha) and Cabin 6 (Seraph) have each others' pin codes
Cabin 8 (Oxygen) and Cabin 3 (Ether) have each others' pin codes
Cabin 2 (Tango) and Cabin 5 (Star) have each others' pin codes

Cabin 4 (Jazz), for some mysterious reason, is an exception to the challenge, and has their own pin code. Suspicious... don't you think?

------

And I can also see @Iggy's point. Whoever wants to post can post.
Last edited by AvantCoffee on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:00 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

That's a good point... I've got a lot of SB posts to catch up on, so while I'll attempt to get one up for this, there's no guarantee. I wouldn't want to hold you guys up.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:47 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Hhmmm... I've done some thinking, and I believe it would be better if 4 (Jazz) and 5 (Star) swapped places in the pin code assignment order. This means Star will pair up with Tango, and Jazz will have his own pin code.

Sorry for mixing it up xD I'll edit my previous DT post to make the change. I only do this for plot secret reasons.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:49 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Star ain't getting out of his room if Tango is nonexistent. xD
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

If you receive a bribe, you must report it in your income.
— John Oliver