Tue May 23, 2017 3:39 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Index of important posts:
Getting Started
Concept Photos

Other:
All encompassing pad!

Also, ask questions, make comments, and do anything else here!
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Fri May 26, 2017 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue May 23, 2017 3:45 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Oooooooooh

We can keep our (mostly) same characters, right? I'd like a Shadow person please :3
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue May 23, 2017 3:50 am
View Likes
KiraThePotatoChip says...

This seems interesting, mind if I join?
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Tue May 23, 2017 3:53 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

@Wolfical Certainly keep Blaine! :3 With some tweaks that allow him to fit the role description and some other information that I will include in the first post tomorrow morning xD

I was just too excited to get this up we didn't quite have time to include /all/ of it. (Unless Craz will be a darling :P) So just wait a bit before you submit a CP.

@KiraThePotatoChip Welcome! What role would you like?

[she/her]

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue May 23, 2017 4:06 am
Craz says...

The first update will be up tomorrow that should cover all you will need to know before you submit any of your characters~!
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue May 23, 2017 4:08 am
View Likes
KiraThePotatoChip says...

Would it be fine for me to claim the Kingpin spot?
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue May 23, 2017 4:26 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'd like to claim the the Practitioner, please? ^^
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Tue May 23, 2017 9:59 am
View Likes
Noelle says...

I'd like the other shadow person spot :)
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

767 Reviews

Tue May 23, 2017 5:09 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

@Noelle, @Dino, and @KiraThePotatoChip Your spots have been reserved ^^ Expect a mini info-dump soon.

[she/her]

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Aaaannnd heeerre it issssss

Getting Started

First important thing! Our ever so wonderful @SpiritedWolfe is going to be gone for several weeks in the summer. That means that we really need to get this SB rolling pretty fast so you guys can get the feel for the SB before she vanishes. Because of that, we are requesting that characters be finished (or at least everyone has a solid idea) before June 3rd. After that, we'll be rolling into plotting, interactions, and first posts.

About creating characters:
So, there are some things you should know about the races, especially if you're creating a character of that race. Regarding the fallen, every fallen has their particular trait known as an insanity. A fallen's insanity is what caused their fall from heaven (for instance, too much jealousy or pride can make an angel fallen). But usually, fallen don't talk about their insanity; people that know them just find out the hard way. Fallen and mages have a natural distrust of the other two races. The impure and the guardians are similar because both races don't want others finding out who they are, usually hiding their identity with magic or just really fashionable clothing. Luckily for impures, they appear exactly like a fallen or a mage with the only differences being in their demeanor. A cunning enough impure could pass for a fallen. The guardians have enough magical abilities to hide their wings, so they appear as a mage or fallen. Mages are probably the most "normal" of the races but they are also less common, having been born and raised in there.

Other important information:
At the beginning of the story, all our characters already know one another and have solid opinions of each other. They may not all be positive, since some of our characters may have conflicting personalities, but there is at least an opinion. This comes from the fact that each of our characters are tenants living together in a warehouse. They already have experience interacting with one another. There will be a point where we create an interaction template once all of our characters are completed, which will state your relationship with each of the other characters in detail. The more detail the better! If people are able to form complete opinions on celebrities without ever meeting them, then your character can have an opinion on their fellow neighbors. ;)

Another important thing to know is that there is a giant barrier around there, but most people can't actually see it. It cuts through the center of Border City -- the city our characters are in right now -- and it appears as this big glassy sheet. While all of our characters can see the barrier, if they pass through it, they're still stuck in there. The fact that they can see it simply means they'll be able to break it eventually, once they have enough power. As most other people in there can't see it, those who can are hesitant to talk about it. Your character might not even realize what the barrier is or implies about themselves.

Lastly, just to give you a taste of what we have planned, there will be a massively important impure character who is out to cause genocide. He will be an issue for our characters. :3

If you have any quesitons, please let @SpiritedWolfe or me know!

Back to Index
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed May 24, 2017 1:39 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

May I claim a magician spot?
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

767 Reviews

Wed May 24, 2017 1:44 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Reserved! Oh, and we only have three spots left (the tactician, another magician, and another fiend) so go out and pressure recruit some friends you think might be interested ^^

@AstralHunter, I'm still looking at you.

[she/her]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed May 24, 2017 9:41 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I remember this! My second-to-last exam is on the 3rd, but since we have large gaps between them and it's winter vacation after that, I'm free to join this time. May I claim the tactician?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed May 24, 2017 10:26 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Can I get the second fiend spot? :D
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

767 Reviews

Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Welcome, welcome! I'm excited to have you both on board ^^ ~

[she/her]

"If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi