z

Young Writers Society

Chasing Heaven DT

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed May 24, 2017 7:47 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Hey! Would it be at all possible for you to put together some concept photos for this world? I know it's somewhat up to us but I was curious for character description purposes. Fashion, living conditions, relics, etc.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu May 25, 2017 2:17 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Hazel, Craz and I will see what we can come up with ^^

Oh, and if you guys want, maybe sometime this weekend, I can hold some character creating pad/workshop/motivator thing :3 Just to answer questions and give moral support ~ Let me know what you think of that idea.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Fri May 26, 2017 3:34 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Concept Photos

there
Border City --
Spoiler! :

Obviously, these are just some ideas of what I'm thinking. It's really hard to find exact images of what I'm imagining in my head, but I'm thinking it could resemble a modern-eqsue city, with tall buildings, tiny apartments, paved roads (thought probably not in the best condition, for any of the three things just mentioned), etc. This comes from the complicated nature of technology. Things that could be useful as a whole, ie. trucks, cars, ships, telegrams, heavy machinery in factories, are present, though those examples are mainly used by guardians. Things that are non essential such as TV, the internet, phones, etc. that could be easily broken, compromised, stolen, are not present. That does leave weapons such as guns, knives, whatever but those are harder to obtain since the guardians wouldn't mass produce those. But yeah. It's kind of like a smaller, more run down city with probably not enormously giant skyscrapers but tall buildings nonetheless. Oh, and don't forget dreary looking.

Clothes --
Spoiler! :

The clothing is basically whatever they can find and however they can make it fit. Often times the clothes are baggy, dirty, worn, and whatever other synonym can be find. Everything is also fairly plain since the guardians making these clothes don't want to bother resources making things "fancy" or "pretty looking". These images just kind of give an idea of what I was thinking.

Outer there--
Spoiler! :
Basically, outside the cities, there is a mix of open terrain with tiny villages with subsistence farmers and industrial locations with factories and basically slums set up for some of the less criminal fallen and/or mages to work and have a living. These outer areas can be dangerous because the more savage impure live outside the cities. (Sorry, no photos for now D: Might add some later.)

Artifact --
there
Spoiler! :
This'll be added in later. >:3

~ ~ * ~ ~

isles
Artifact --
Spoiler! :

The silver rose in isles is a real, living rose similar to the bottom picture but its petals are made of actual silver metal that might look the top pictures.

~ ~ * ~ ~

heaven
Cities --
Spoiler! :

So, sort of mix these two together. Because it's supposed to be a whimsical feeling place of beauty and perfection. (bleh) But it's also kind of strict and organized so that it truly is perfect.

Artifact --
Spoiler! :

Hopefully you can see this? It's basically a fancy looking gold sword.

Oh, and take this: the all encompassing pad.

Back to Index

[she/her]

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat May 27, 2017 10:30 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Hey everyyyyoooonnnnee

Are ya'll down for a character building session sometime early next week?
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat May 27, 2017 10:43 pm
Sassafras says...

I'm down.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat May 27, 2017 10:51 pm
Wolfi says...

I'd be up for that!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun May 28, 2017 12:58 am
Steggy says...

Sounds like a plan~
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun May 28, 2017 1:20 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Yup
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

767 Reviews

Sun May 28, 2017 6:03 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

How does sometime Tuesday work for you all? I think I'll be around most the day.

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Sun May 28, 2017 8:05 pm
Wolfi says...

I have school of course, but the evening would be fine.
and do not be afraid.

767 Reviews

Tue May 30, 2017 3:47 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Hey guys!

So, we're planning on the thing being today at 2 PM EDT. That is almost exactly 2 hours and 13 minutes from this post. (Sorry xD I don't know how to do the changing automatically to your time zone thing.)

If you can't make it exactly at that time, it's okay! I'll be in the pad for most the day, so just pop in when you can and have some time. Just a reminder that I requested characters be finished (or at least a good idea started) by June 3rd, which is this Saturday. I also would not mind to hold another character building session another day (except Saturday because I'll be on the road) if this doesn't work for you. Let me know!

Hope to see you there ~

EDIT: Also, if you think you can't finish a CP by Saturday because of other commitments and/or school, please just talk to me! I wouldn't want to hinder your participation because you didn't have time in the beginning ~

[she/her]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue May 30, 2017 11:30 pm
BrumalHunter says...

This is what happens when you don't check your notifications during your study breaks. *cries* I'll pop in shortly, though I can't stay for long.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

767 Reviews

Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:50 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

So! This morning I left for my first trip this summer and I come back in a week. This is a more lax trip so I'll still be around to answer questions and prod people.

I'd requested that characters be finished (or at least have a solid idea for them) today but I understand the people are busy with schooling ending at this point and other responsibilities like work. With that in mind, I'm going be a little more active this week -- especially on the pad -- to encourage characters to be finished by next Sunday, June 11th. That day or the next I would love to have a huge meeting to start rolling out plot and getting posts together. Because after that, I only have two weeks until I vanish.

@Craz, @Wolfical -- You two have returning characters, correct? I know Craz has been working to revise the profile, but how's that been going for you Wolfie? Is Blaise returning full force? :3

@HazelGrace16, @KiraThePotatoChip, @Dino -- I've heard some progress from you three, but how do the profiles look? Kira, I know you've been revising but I haven't checked in on the pad in a while. Is it going alright? Hazel and Dino, have you come across any other issues/questions?

@Noelle -- I haven't heard anything from you, but you're returning so I'm not too worried you're lost xD I get you're busy working for your dreams :3 But you can always poke me with questions and ideas. I'm on Skype xD

@AstralHunter, @Sassafras (I can never spell your name right :P) -- How goes it? You guys are new so I'm wondering if everything is clear? Do you have any questions about the world, characters, etc? I'm so excited to see what you come up with!

Thanks you guys ~ And as I keep saying, please please feel free to ask questions if you have any. Not only does it help you, but it helps me! xD

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:07 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Blaise is returning, yes! I was planning to finish him somehow today, but if I could have that extra week that would be fantastic. I have six projects due next week, with only two done D:
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:58 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Since the Tactician is a fallen, I've been running through possible insanities, but I think I've found one! My genetics exam - the most pressing and worrisome of the five - is done, so I can now focus on writing once more. I'll be sure to post questions as they arise.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

Well, if I can't get this chapter to work....at least I will have exercised my fingers.
— Kaia