Young Writers Society

Aether [DT]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:55 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

With the Soul & Body encounter completed, we each get new canon skills that may be utilized at discretion.

Anberlin may now concentrate her mental force into smaller, denser areas or surfaces, successfully blocking more powerful attacks if conditions are right. (AC +1)

Brayel has gained a proficiency to man-made machinery, vehicles, and events utilizing these things.

Sephtis has gained the ability to sense and track sources of evil and sin when his aether is aligned with that of a Black Knight.

Welturna has gained mastery over willpower, granting a forking path in her abilities. She may gain bonus attack power when fighting demons and aberrations, OR she may gain AC+2 for physical attacks.

Myavi has gained a +1 to diplomacyhas awoken to the dangers forthcoming, sparking her ingenuity, expanding her creative arsenal.

Raegyn has felt the cries of the helpless at once, increasing the targets she may heal at once by 1.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:34 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

CAST!

I never held a formal vote, but I need each of you to tell me whether or not you'd like this to continue. If the vote is yes, I will yank it from the archives and work up a post as Anberlin, likely seeing to a time-skip of escape into the refugee camp in Drades, Redwind--which will be unaffected so far by the seeping darkness.
-Shinji Moon

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:28 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I'm down to keep going if ya'll wanna!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

If it means the CST gets developed past 15 Akh Singhue, then sure! ;P
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi hmmm... Sure, why not. But then, may I have my train sequence, right before the time skip? to Drades? There's a little something I need to get rid off before we get there, and since it ties into character development, it would be a bit harder to make it impactful without showing it.

That's if nobody minds, of course. If everyone wants to go straight for the time skip, I'll figure out a way to make my thing happen anyway.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:34 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@Tortwag -- You may go next, then! The Lemuria Finale. >:3
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:31 pm
Lumi says...

Also I will return the storybook to the living world today so we can continue.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:07 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi Very much yays. I'll start working on this today, then! Hopefully, I'll be done by the end of the week - I'll update you, fine folks, when I get some meat cooked in this meat toboggan.
This is a terrible analogy for writing, and terrible image altogether. Too much SAO Abridged.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

40 Reviews

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:28 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

... Oh, look at that, the post alone took like half the page by its mere existence.

I SWEAR IT'S BECAUSE IT'S A FINALE AND ALL AND I GOT REALLY INTO IT AND I NEEDED EVERYONE INVOLVED - oh, speakin' of which, hope every character was portrayed well, if not, since I'm torturing y'all for reading this very short piece, you can torture me back by having me edit one specific thing. Without quoting where to find it, because muahahas, and such

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:18 pm
TheSilverFox says...

What an amazing post! It set off a few of my triggers (which is why it took me a bit to read it, because wow I can't handle gore very well), but it was beautifully-written, had fantastic emotional depth, and exceptional pacing. And yep, Brayel's dialogue matches his usual mix of contempt and urgency. Well done!
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:39 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox Oh please, do tell which triggers it set! And which parts set them off. Oh, and for that matter, which triggers were set off in the previous posts Miyavi had the displeasure to make you experience some gore in? You don't have to re-read them, and if you've forgotten, this post should be enough for me.
I'm not asking that out of morbid curiosity, m'dear, I just genuinely think it's helpful/useful to be aware of those things. Miyavi's my first time drawing gore since Hoopa, y'see, and I might need that for later.

It does? Yay, I didn't miss Brayel! Goodie. That being said, thankies, m'dear! I'm glad you liked that very-short-post-that-joke-already-got-old-didn't-it.
I'll have to admit that trying to get emotional depth with Miyavi wasn't easy feet, but Remedy Vey was useful for that :3

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:24 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Weirdly enough, it's not the gore that messed with my triggers? I can definitely tolerate blood and all that. It's generally when that gore is described in greater detail (the bones and guts mentioned in the destruction of The Bull) or combined with emotional (Vey's death. ;-; ) or sexual (Miyavi and Miss Purprille) elements that I start to respond weirdly (the best word I can think of to describe it is dissociation, because I get this feeling of emptiness that takes a while to go away?). But hey, you're an exceptional writer, and it's not hard to set off any of my triggers, so *shrug*.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:59 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox Oh, it's not? That is not what I understood then, I stand corrected.
Ooooh, right, right, it's more like a mix of things than just the gore itself. Got it.
(Yeeees, neither of those helped, especially not the latter)
Oh. Feeling of emptiness, well doesn't that sound lovely.
Thankies! I try, and visibly, with appealing results - which is very much yay. It does help that you're sensitive to writing in general, yeah. We need more of that in the world

40 Reviews

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:27 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Saw the challenge! I suppose we gotta move to the refugee camp now, since the finale's been written. @Sheyren wanna collab, m'dear? if you plan to post next, that is? I'm certainly NOT going to be the one to post next, but hey, I already got some interaction between Miyavi and Welturna, so, we can develop that if you wanna!

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

"I never expected that I should be a queen so soon."
— Alice's Adventures in Wonderland